main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It was Ziro.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Oh ok. I guess Anakin still has an opportunity to choke Gardulla then ;)

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would bet money on it.

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    From that IGN article, looks like we may get some more depth on Dooku in the future:
    IGN: In the Zygerrian trilogy, Dooku says his goal is the extermination of the Jedi. And we know Palpatine has that goal, but Dooku's a little more interesting because he was a Jedi. Do you think we might get a little bit more into what happened there and how he's gone to such an extreme if he was once a member of this group?
    Filoni: We'll deal with Dooku a little more directly in the future. Maul being in play affects things to a certain extent as you can imagine, because he's there as a fallen apprentice, and Palpatine now has a current apprentice. It kind of makes for an interesting scenario. I find that Dooku's a really interesting character because I really don't know how many people get that he was a Jedi. I think it's so easy just to make the leap that he's a villain automatically. And when you really think about it and that he was Qui-Gon's master, that's a big bit of information there that's really interesting. I think that there's a lot you can do with Dooku, and with Corey Burton playing him, why wouldn't you want to do it, to be honest?

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    anakinfansince1983 Check secondary PRIMARY forum, I posted a link to it there. It's hot. Although there are some inconsistencies with the current canon.

My bad, this place is secondary forum.

Coric likes this.
  6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I would be happy if they did the same thing as last year with the special release of the whole Maul arc.

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    They should just stitch the Nightsisters Trilogy and the two Maul arcs into one package and call it Darth Maul: The Complete Saga.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, develop Dooku! Not Maul - that would be awesome.

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Thing is, Dooku isn't interesting to kids like Maul is. Maul is badass, not to mention he's badass in the movie. Dooku's best moments happen in the comics and novels, which kids generally don't read.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Dooku is more subtle in his evil doing which I agree that many kids wouldn't like as much or even get. But I think he's a better villain for it.

I just asked my 7-year-old and yeah, he prefers Maul.

11. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    To be fair if Dooku stopped duelling Anakin which always ends in Anakin doing well but Dooku just edging out, he could actually show some skills like in the Nightsisters Trilogy.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  12. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree with you on principle but not on execution. In the show, Dooku is every bit the typical villain character. He usually pops up on a hologram to say "Destroy eveeeerything" and then disappears. There's nothing to distinguish him from another evil character, except he's an old man and therefore not visually interesting to children.

If the show presented him as he is in the films and books then I would be incredibly happy. I want to see the charismatic and political savvy Sith. The man who is not out to do evil, but trying to make the galaxy a better place. His character is often forgotten next to villains like Grevious and Maul, but I'd say Dooku has the most depth-and the most wasted potential thus far.

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Dooku's character doesn't have mass appeal. Even if the show was explicitly targeted at adults I doubt the majority of the audience would warm to him. Maul's is simple, and cool. You can't blame them for good business.

Order66Survivor, V-2 and pronker like this.
  14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That sounds awesome. This was published after the Rako Hardeen arc and "Massacre" aired right? Probably having a brainfart here.

15. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    [​IMG]
    "They know nothing of our intentions. Those revelations will come...too late."
    I just wanted to add that Witwer's delivery of this dialogue makes it the most sinister I think I've ever heard from Darth Maul.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You know that smile on his face, and his eyes, it looks like it could've been a still from that slash fic.

I will never be able to unsee this ship now.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmm... they remind me of the Elric brothers more an more. Evil Elric brothers. Slash fic talk isn't helping. <<;

18. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Dooku is a cold calculated person that has that aristocrat feel behind him and the fact he was once a Jedi makes him even more interesting. They need to go deeper with this character because I feel he has tons of potential. You do that and the fan appeal will follow.

Same thing I've been saying about Grievous. You scratch that pathetic excuse of a backstory and go more into who Grievous is and how he became the cyborg he is now..The fans will follow.

Anyways I don't need Dooku or Grievous right now. You can save them for season 6-??

All I care about right now is the Maul arc and hopefully when this plot gets to the interesting part they don't ruin it by some stupid anticlimactic end to Maul and Savage. I get they have to die or disapear at some point..But the build up for Savage and later even bigger build up for Maul would be a total waste to not give them both a fitting end.

19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    It was posted after the Season 4 finale, so interesting to revisit considering their long lead time to production. I'm guessing by looking back at an interview around the airdate of S4 finale, we are closer to some of the long term plans he's referring to.

20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Did anybody notice that Bo-Katan's blink near the end of the episode (when she's talking to Vizla) had a noise? [face_thinking] Sounded like an owl...

21. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Now I have to watch it a third time!

22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Sinister, you say? I sensed it, too.

23. Seanthings

Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2012
    Yeah Witwer is killing it with his Maul voice. He brings so much more depth to the character. I'm really enjoying his performance

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I see, sounds like we're looking season 6 at the earliest, about 2 years right?

25. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    agree. when maul came back, at first i didn't like how he talked a lot, because he was fairly reticent in TPM. but the voice actor's killing it... i'm seeing a different maul in this show

i don't think i heard it.... are you talking about the very last shot, when pre says he'll kill maul?

Bo-Katan likes this.