main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  2. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Sheeple....sheeple everywhere.

What kind of kool aid our they drinking?

Don't those people know what Death Watch has done in the past and how they want Satine out of office?

Then again i shouldn't be that surprised, stuff like this has happened in the real world to. Evil men talking about greatness and doing good, protecting a nation, lifting up a nation, all the while deceiving and manipulating the people to further their dark goals.

Sometimes great evil wears a mask of goodness to disguise itself from people seeing its true nature.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah, gotta agree with this. These are some of the sheeplist people I've seen in a while. A known terroritst flies down out of no-where, offers absolutely no evidence that he's not responsible for the attacks this time, and gets the crowd cheering with a single sentence?

Satine must have done something to really, really PO her people...

JackG, Esg and rumblewagon like this.
  4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Yes, Vizsla should at least be required to make a lengthy speech of Padme-proportions to really be more convincing. The crowd rushing head-long to rally around him might make more sense in the greater context of the episode.

5. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Don't think it will. I mean, that kind of rhetoric does work....just not right away.

Maybe if he had shown evidence of Satine burning the warehouse or something it'd be more believable. But we're hitting upon what I thought might make this arc problematic:too much, too fast. Seriously, these next two episodes, and I'll include Eminence in that, could be arcs for themselves.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=crdWmdb80wc#t=64s]Check[/url] out this bit of the Season 5 trailer. Looks like it's from the Maul-Vizsla duel.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Interesting outfit Satine. Propaganda like this and taking advantage of peoples fear by simply saying its going to be alright, you hear to save them in their darkest hour is an easy way to snow them and take over. I imagine in the episode we'll see evidence as Maul attacks key targets and goes relatively unchallenged and people no long feel safe. Deathwatch looks tough and battle hardened. It seems Maul's plan is working brilliantly. This is going to an a great episode me thinks.

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

They are having a major crisis and Satine comes off as completely incapable of handling the situation, makes sense that Vizsla would be able to reach them, because he is actually talking about doing stuff.

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    But isn't Vizsla and his group a known terrorist operation? They were planting bombs and running suicide gambits in the first Mando episode.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    New preview for Shades of Reason

11. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    You might want to check the rest of the page and the previous pages before you post something, this has already been posted clearly.

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Nah - their version of Fox Holocast claims they were labeled out of political spite and to cover up the legit governments incompetence and that the best way to be safe is to arm everyone and fight back.

QuangoFett and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  13. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  14. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm so excited for this episode! The duel at the end better deliver!

15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Vizla's speech was far too short and way to lame to inspire anything...

JackG, Apophis_ and Mr. Atom Bomb like this.
  16. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Agreed... I'm very, very worried that they're going to treat a terrorist cell overthrowing a government with just as much brevity. Suddenly I really miss Duchess of Mandalore... :(

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Maul's story should have been spread out over the course of the show, not compacted into a couple of arcs between 5 and 6.

The Shadow Emperor and Apophis_ like this.
  18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This is my opinion on the Arc

Cary_the_Brave likes this.
  19. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Wow, the people of Mandalore are quick to believe a group of murderous terrorists. It kind of reminds me of the episode of South Park where America turns to Al Qeda to defeat the cast of Jersey Shore...

20. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Well considering that Vizsla does seem to have some home-grown insurgents present even in Sundari under Satine's nose coupled with the fact that her position is seemingly a monarchial-inherited one and she just threw the presumably elected Prime Minister up, it would actually make a lot of sense that her grip on Mandalore is tenuous. She probably depends on the relative peace and safety of her citizens to maintain her status quo, and we have to remember that if Satine is old enough to be a survivor of the Mandalorian Civil War, probably a good chunk of the citizenry is as well.

So we're looking at a populace (like say, Germany) that feels that their previously selected government (the Weimar Republic), one that rejected their proud military past (the German Empire), obviously suffers from some corruption at high levels, beset by economic problems caused by outside influences (Great Depression) and a still alive if initially defeated internal insurgency (the Nazis and their failed earlier revolution) that will ultimately use criminal tactics and false flag operations to remilitarize their whole culture in a few short years and plunge them back into war with a charasmatic leader (do I really have to say his name?) who seems practiced at giving jingoistic, rousing speeches.

Basically, the speed of Vizsla's revolution is the biggets problem with this development, but considering that we are talking about Mandalorians here...

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Vizsla did nothing wrong

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Shame I missed that one.... sounds wonderful.:p

Seerow likes this.
  23. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Somebody help me this is the one where Pre Vizsla's head rolls and next is Satine and Savage in the last of the Mandalore arc?

24. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    next time can we get a spoilers? I've been good enough to stay away from this.

[Removed] ~ Do that again and you go on vacation. Spoilers allowed. Sx3

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I can't keep track of all the spoiler policies in LACWAC, but I think open spoilers are allowed here. The warning is in the title, so one should always be prepared to see major spoilers being discussed in here.

It's all murky what with the Shadow Conspiracy book being out and such.