main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I enjoyed every single book I ever read, mainly Bantam and some Del Rey, so I will stubbornly attempt to read it.

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    If you start with Jedi Trial, you'll probably end with Jedi Trial.

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I liked it personally.

You know, it is interesting just how many sources mentioned fighting on Agamar in the Clone Wars, but no sources actually feature the battle. Considering how far apart some of these sources are in terms of timeframe and the constant deployment of new forces, it seems that Agamar was one of the biggest battles of the war. Odd, considering it was such a backwater.

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The Mirgoshir system is an important hyperspace crossroads, and mapwise appears crucial for the Confederacy (much like Tatooine's importance, comments from farmboys notwithstanding)

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I think you might be giving them a little too much credit, but I don't know the episodes you're referring to.

100% agree with "The series as a whole, though, fails to convey any sense of a galaxy shattering war, particularly in comparison to the old timeline. There's little logical progression, little attempt to make it cohesive, and generally boils down to Adventure of the Week. Perhaps this is the aim, as it is a kids show, but in terms of appropriately dramatizing an event like the Clone Wars, it falls short.

That's why I can't accept TCW as the definite account of the war, but I can accept it as part of it."

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I think I accepted TCW as entertaining when I realized it wasn't going to live up to its vast potential, of really expanding the war, and just watched it for what it is (then again, I say that and I haven't seen the last 15 episodes or something, need to get on that at some point) Typically, I'd say TCW is fairly weak in the writing department, but consistently has cool visuals and animation, so at least can sometimes be fun to watch. A lot of TCW episodes are fun in the way a shallow action movie is.

7. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    You do not have to watch the TCW show or read other books/comics.
    You would only be disapponted.
    Republic was the best Clone Wars related thing ever made.
    The 2D animted show and the old Clone Wars novels (ex. Shatterpoint) were also nice.
    The new material is just not what it should be (in my opinion).
    At least, the old comics and novels were about WAR.
    I really liked the Quinlan Vos storyline...

I do think Jedi Trail is a good novel. The Muun general was great!

Barriss_Coffee and GGrievous like this.
  8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Republic and Shatterpoint pretty much gave me CW. They actually showed a war. :p

instantdeath I would argue that TCW reminds me of the prequels in terms of pretty visuals and weaker writing.

Esg likes this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ok, granted. He was the only redeeming factor in that book. Even Qui-Gon thought so.

General Immodet likes this.
  10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    He's not that great - the rest is just that horrible.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

12. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Someone photoshop a sign saying Jedi and pointing into the distance!

darthcaedus1138 and GGrievous like this.
  13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Oh man, how embarrassing.

I always thought that one was The Jedi Path.

14. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Well, TCW just gave us Darth Maul teamed up with a bunch of Mandalorian Death Watch commandoes leading an attack on a Black Sun base and then subsequently raiding Jabba's Palace. Maybe it was a long, weird path to get there, but that was kind of awesome and is definitely not something we would ever have gotten without TCW.

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Nope, you got that one wrong.

This is the Jedi Path:
    [​IMG]

fistofan1, Cronal, JackG and 3 others like this.
  16. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    There are a couple continuity-related season finale previews in the new issue of Insider:

- The red-armored Mandos from the CVI preview apparently have the title of "supercommandos". This could be a cool nod to the TESB novel. :cool:

- Korkie Kryze's model looks older and taller in the Mauldalore arc, suggesting that several years have passed since the Corruption arc. This could throw a hydrospanner into the works for Clone Wars continuity...

Random Comments likes this.
  17. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Also, it says he's "all grown up."

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    HE'S A CLONE!!!:eek:

No wait, we'd see a plot twist like that in the previews six months beforehand.

fistofan1 and Random Comments like this.
  19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Normally I like to smooth over continuity issues rather than bring them to light, but I had to comment on this:

Emphasis mine.

20. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Jedi Prince Reference! :p
    Though yeah that is very off unless the unspoiled is relative as in the “less of a wasteland” part.

21. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    They used to have the atmo processers on kessel turned up to full, so the surface was inhabitable, so maybe not as big an issue as it sounds.

22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    There's definitely room for parts of Kessel to be relatively comfortable thanks to the oh Jesus I give up.

23. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Obviously they're referring to the Kessel from the early comics (aka "Little Kessel" in the Atlas)... ;)

24. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh Second Kessel Run

25. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Once again, perfectly salvageable if not for LFL's penchant for rubbing salt in the wound of inconsistencies rather than letting the retcon machine bandage things up.

Yes, I like TCW and think the continuity concerns are relatively overblown, but I think we can all acknowledge that it has a tendency to make more problems for itself than it strictly needs to (e.g. Ryloth).

edit: Seriously, though: artificial environmental conditioning, Leland, just let us say it's artificial environmental conditioning.

Random Comments likes this.