main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Kevin Smith Says Original Star Wars Cast Coming Back

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by mglover92, Jan 27, 2013.

1. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    With the surprise revelation that J.J. Abrams will be directing Star Wars Episode 7, a lot of people in the movie industry are starting to weigh in with their thoughts. In a new video, director Kevin Smith gives his opinion and also drops what could be a major spoiler.
    In defending J.J. Abrams getting the job, Kevin Smith said, “I know a lot of people on the Internet are like ‘what about the lens flare?’ Yes, there’s potential for mass audience blindness from all the potential lens flare on Tatooine alone, you’ve got twin suns. I imagine he’ll reign that in a little bit, but even if he doesn’t, who cares?”

Then Kevin Smith screamed, “Come on, man, Star Wars is coming back, you *****, and it’s going to have Han Solo and Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia and they are going to be played by Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher. And you’re going to bitch about some potential lens flare.”
    Of course, the official plot of Star Wars Episode 7 has not been officially revealed, so no one really knows what characters and actors will be featured. Or do they? Obviously, Kevin Smith has a lot of connections in Hollywood, so he could very well have an inside track on if some former Star Wars actors are returning.
    Did Kevin Smith break a major spoiler based on inside information? Or is he just ranting about what he would like to see happen in Star Wars Episode 7? Whether he just dropped a major spoiler or is just ranting, Kevin Smith did point out a connection between J.J. Abrams and Harrison Ford. In regards to the movie Regarding Henry, Smith said, “J.J. has kind of worked with Harrison Ford before. He didn’t direct it, but he wrote it, man. He’s worked with Harrison Ford before. This was written in the stars…wars.” Could the connection to Harrison Ford be part of the reason that Disney was so set on getting J.J. Abrams?

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/01/26/kevin-smith-says-original-star-wars-cast-coming-back/

just pure speculation, how much connections does this guy really have though honestly?
    Then Kevin Smith screamed, “Come on, man, Star Wars is coming back, you *****, and it’s going to have Han Solo and Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia and they are going to be played by Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher. And you’re going to bitch about some potential lens flare.”
    Of course, the official plot of Star Wars Episode 7 has not been officially revealed, so no one really knows what characters and actors will be featured. Or do they? Obviously, Kevin Smith has a lot of connections in Hollywood, so he could very well have an inside track on if some former Star Wars actors are returning.
    Did Kevin Smith break a major spoiler based on inside information? Or is he just ranting about what he would like to see happen in Star Wars Episode 7? Whether he just dropped a major spoiler or is just ranting, Kevin Smith did point out a connection between J.J. Abrams and Harrison Ford. In regards to the movie Regarding Henry, Smith said, “J.J. has kind of worked with Harrison Ford before. He didn’t direct it, but he wrote it, man. He’s worked with Harrison Ford before. This was written in the stars…wars.” Could the connection to Harrison Ford be part of the reason that Disney was so set on getting J.J. Abrams?

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Speculation. Stoned speculation at that. Based on his podcast, the dude has nothing but a passing acquaintance with (but large respect for) Abrams.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Kevin Smith talks a lot and is quite stoned when he says it, so I wouldnt take him at his word about knowing specifics about who is cast in what. Funny guy to listen to, mostly.

4. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Stoned, staring Ben Affleck. My point, he's friends with Ben and Ben was in contact with Disney.

FRAGWAGON and Granger like this.
  5. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Kevin Smith says a lot of ****.

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think KS probably does have alot of connections. I also think that among Hollyweird "insiders" there are certain things that are known and talked about openly as givens, the BIG 3 coming back are perhaps one of those things that is given and is talked about openly. I cite Carrie Fisher's offhanded comment from early November as point one. At a book signing someone asked her about reprising her role as Leia to which she replied [to paraphrase], "Yes she was going to reprise her role. She thought it was common knowledge." Some people interpreted that as her acerbic, sarcastic wit, while I took it as a confirmation. I still take it as a confirmation despite the fact that the next day her "people" made some denials. IMO they made the denials because they had to -- she's probably locked under an NDA and didn't want to get sued.

In fact here's an article about it, which kind of spells out the asme kind of specualtion about the Big 3's roles as we have discussed:

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-en...rie-fisher-says-she-is-returning-to-star-wars

Also, there was this article that was released after the news about Arndt was confirmed:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-7-story-michael-arndt/

This is important because Arndt has to know which characters are coming back for sure, he needs to lock that info down for his script.

7. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Hey, we all say a lot of ****, we just do it anonymously on message boards. :) I think more than anything else, he's just geeking.

TheManFromMortis, Graphic and Echo-07 like this.
  8. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Nowhere near as much as he produces.

Darthsuggs likes this.
  9. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    1 Yes the big 3 will be in, otherwise fans would be very angry, why would they we angy ? because it's called episode VII duh
    2 The original cast will make the new movies BIG ! in terms of $ and hype beyond.
    3 Of course they will be in the new movies, they have to be to carry on the legacy to a new generation,have to pass it on with the old cast so the audience will accept the new cast.
    4 Did i mention it's called episode 7........................
    5 VII

10. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'm actually hoping for the original cast for this sole reason: They are thirty years older than they were when Episode VI was released. The older they get, the older Luke, Leia, and Han should get. That gets closer to the end of the established timeline so it could be saved..

Red49 likes this.
  11. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    They'll be there. It would be illogical for then not to be.

Unless one is dead in the movie already. Which would suck.

12. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Just because someone is *in Hollywood* doesn't mean they know everything which is going on in Hollywood. Smith is speculating here based on ST09, where Abrams got Leonard Nimoy to play Spock.

LawJedi likes this.
  13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The word is REIN, not REIGN.

14. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Even if this is false I'm sure some of the original cast will return.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Sadly, I'd settle for one out of three.

16. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    He's a fan like us, and I doubt he has inside info at this point.

If he did, it would not be in his best interest to come out and spoil it from a professional point of view.

Echo-07 likes this.
  17. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Whether or not he has connections (I am sure he does, he isn't some director of junior high plays), and whether or not he has info on this, he makes a great point here about the whining on the internet.

Just a few months ago, we didn't know if we would ever get another SW movie. Fantastic things have happened since then that are a SW fan's dream, yet all people can do is snivel about lens flares? Wow.

This is revealing SW fans to be like little screaming, crying, sticky-faced, stomping-their-feet spoiled brats that demand mommy gives them exactly what they want for Christmas. You can really see why George was burned out by the situation, and wanting to hand this project off for someone else to shoulder.

18. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Kevin Smith is stating obvious facts. I know the moment they announced Ep. 7 that the original 3 were coming back. I think Lando is coming back too, but we'll see.

LawJedi likes this.
  19. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I want me some Nien Nunb, so bad it hurts.

I once made a bust of Nien Nunb out of clay.

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want Lobot to come back and be the main character. Maybe Kevin Smith can play him?

LunarMoth and V-2 like this.
  21. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Especially Anthony Daniels

22. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Rain. Rayne and rane.

23. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Not if we're told that someone is dead while we see a cloaked/masked big bad walking around being a big bad making us assume he/she didn't die and has turned to the dark side until a future movie where its revealed the cloaked big bad isn't really our old favorite at all and that our old favorite really was alive the whole time watching and observing and finally revealing themselves to take on the big bad but then really die in order for the new protagonist(s) to witness/learn and have the torch officially passed.

24. Vale Man

Vale Man Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    I bet Lobot is a DJ in the clubs.

25. Vale Man

Vale Man Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    Can you imagine the whack his huge ego would take if he wasn't asked. Potentially a great episode of Punked, even if they pretended to knock him back.