main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Finally saw this episode -- did anyone else think it was kind of epically awesome to hear all that "Vizsla!" chanting on TV? I mean, that's like the Falleens from last week. Tor almost had his posthumous revenge. So cool.

Also, this episode has another really random Open Seasons connection: Clancy Brown. Who's played two characters now: Savage and Montross. Montross... onetime enemy of Tor Vizsla. Odd.

Clancy Brown probably has a very skewed opinion of Star Wars right now. "What is Star Wars about? Jedi, Sith, and Death Watch."

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I feel sorry for him

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    My thoughts:

They threw in a couple swerves from the book. First Bo being Satine's sister was new, as was Palpatine saying he had a use for Maul. In the book he says he has no use for him as he zaps him with lighting.

And the guy we thought was Maul in Mandalorian armor wasn't. He was just a normal Mauldalorian. I suspect they developed that head mold with the thought of using him as Maul and backed out for whatever reason. Probably for the best.

Overall I feel like these episodes would have worked better intermingled with the rest of the season. It would have made it seem like Maul ruled Mandalore for more than a week :p

Duel was fun, though having Maul beg for mercy I feel is really a negative for his character. Vizsla didn't cry and beg but the big tough Sith Lord does, lol.

Cry sissy boy, cry [face_laugh] Your the laughing stock of Sith Lords everywhere.[face_rofl] Loser. [face_dancing] It almost makes bringing him back from the dead worthwhile just to hear him beg.[face_skull]

4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    He can wipe away his tears with that paycheck they're giving him. ;)

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So I was browsing through the excerpt of The Last Jedi when I came across the word
    'Mandalore'. It looks as if this novel has been used to tie-in to TCW. The browsing function of the book is weird (the pages are out of order and apparently from throughout the whole novel), so I screen-shoted what I could:
    [​IMG]
    Note: "...the old Mandalorian capital of Keldabe..." ;)
    Interesting stuff. And to think they wouldn't handle a Piell retcon but they'll delve into this.

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Sadly Darth Maul died on Naboo.
    Now we have to deal with Robo Maul the Emotional...

7. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    WELL. Couple of interesting changes there, to say the least.

8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Maul emotionally begged --> Sidious granted him mercy.

So out of character.

instantdeath, Robimus and Esg like this.
  9. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Talk about a twist at the end. However, I think we can all agree that this episode was a fitting tribute to Ian Abercombie. This is the first time since ROTS that we've seen Palpatine/Sidious fight in a battle, and it was spectacular.

Now I'm left wondering if Palpatine will make an appearance in future episodes with a

DarkEagle likes this.
  10. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Yeah, my first thought was "Well, THAT'S new".

Lightsaber duel at the end was epic.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah, it'd probably be like Pet Sematary.

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

instantdeath, Zeta1127 and Esg like this.
  13. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Your forgetting Dark Empire as well

14. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Sidious moonwalked Savage to death. The duel was better than even the book portrayed. Maul DID use the Darksaber, as well as his own. And they changed the last line. Oops. I am satisfied. That is all. Ian will be missed. Bring on the ORIGINAL Ian, perhaps?

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If Force-zapping people counts- there's the Star Wars: Empire comic book series- specifically, Betrayal: the one with Grand Moff Trachta:
    [​IMG]

instantdeath and GGrievous like this.
  16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    JediAlly said "since ROTS".

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    And Betrayal was published after RoTS, as far as I know.

EDIT: apparently not- it was November 2002.

18. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I cannot believe the most awesome moment of the past twelve months has been forgotten... for shame on you all!

[​IMG]

FOR SHAME! [face_not_talking]

Malachi108 likes this.
  19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    The setting/background looks like Empire at War's Bothawui, so meh. :p

20. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Continuity aside, I am ok with watching Palpatine display a wicked use of the Dark Side to knock the crap out of the spike twins.

Also, the music was perfect. The use of the Imperial March, the Emperor's theme, and the general tone set the mood perfectly.

--Adm. Nick

21. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    I was impressed by this episode, first time in a long time.

22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Thats because a Piell retcon was pointless. Better to just close ones eyes, scream LA, LA, LA and move along.

23. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I didn't like Sidious using two lightsabers. H taught against using lightsabers let alone two. Anyways.. whatever

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe it's because he's got at least two? Though one was inside a statue- which he got out immediately before Mace Windu & co arrived to arrest him in Revenge of the Sith, in the book. He loses that one in the fight, and uses a backup lightsaber against Yoda in the next fight.

25. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Yeah... I haven't seen the episode, but that seems damaging for both of their characters. I've always pictured Maul as the type that enjoys pain, that would die without a whimper. Was he not trained feeling pain every day? I'm sure Sidious shocked him thousands of times, even if it wasn't at full power.

I do like that they're making Sidious so powerful, though. I was afraid they'd really runaway with Mace Windu beating Palpatine thing (which I still maintain was Vaapad reacting strongly to Anakin, via the novel).

You're going to tell me what comic that image is from. It's just a matter of how much you want it to hurt.

EDIT: Wait, wait, never mind, it's from Ghost Prison.

Anyway, on Sidious fighting... he also fought in The Force Unleashed. I know many prefer not to remember that, but Sidious was devastatingly powerful in that one. I really like the ending where Palpatine practically kills the all mighty Starkiller like a fly.

Zorrixor likes this.