main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Ewan McGregor's Reaction to the Spin-Offs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    While I'm all for an Obi-Wan spin off *I still want to see a Darth Vader (in his masked and epic glory) vs ObiWan/Ewan fight* , I don't want him to have more than a cameo in the sequel trilogy. One of my worries for the sequel trilogy is that fans *and the film makers* might focus more on the old cast that they will forget that the movie is about the new cast.

kainee and yggdrasil311 like this.
  2. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I'd love to see him lead a big war against the Tusken Raiders, protecting the lars homestead. Krayt dragons. Jawa Biker Gang. Love interest with that hottie. Etc,.

kevmp likes this.
  3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Darth Claire:

Depends on the story, I think. They *might* do the continuing adventures of Luke Skywalker with guidance from his ghost dad.

I don't think they will, though.

4. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Obi-Wan charters The Rabbit's Foot and has a butt-kicking adventure with Jaxxon....now that is a movie! lol

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I guess but if it was a direct continuation of the Luke Skywalker story, I'd imagine they'd probably have to recast the originals *and we all know what would happen here if that happened. Pure anarchy [face_devil]*. I dont think Lucasfilm will want to take that risk so it will probably be about Luke's kid.

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Eh, that storyline sounds kind of weak. As Yoda put it (something to the effect of) them going into hiding on Tatooine (just knowing the locals could have given him info on pilots in Mos Eisley); Obi Wan going out in major adventures during that time=mediocre fit with the OT/PT storyline IMO.

That time period in general could be good, and he could have a small part or cameos in something like the Underworld thing, but I wouldn't be in favor of a movie about Obi-Wan during that time period. Again, I am not violently opposed to it, and it might be better than some other ideas I have heard, but I want a SW story that doesn't focus on old characters, bring in something innovative, creative, and new; we already have the ST with familiar characters (probably).

7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  9. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  10. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER OBI-WAN/EWAN MCGREGOR MOVIE

Arawn_Fenn, Graphic and obimom like this.
  11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Signed!!!!!!!

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  12. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    There are some great ideas here which could make a good movie. Post ROTS would be cool. Mind you, if they have a movie with Ewan playing Obi-Wan, I'd watch it even if it was just 2 hours of him meditating!

13. starve

starve Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    McGregor is really the only PT actor who I wouldn't mind seeing again, but I don't want to see him baby sitting Luke on Tattoine. Obi-Wan could still go on adventures off-world though, since Luke is being raised by the Lars'.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He should come back, but this time have him play Luke just to blow everyone's minds.

Original Oatmeal and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I'm sure the Obi fangirls would love it, which means I should OPPOSE it. xD

16. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I'm trying to keep quiet about this whole spin off idea. I'm trying. I really am. I just don't know.

17. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    He needs to do something in these new movies, he made the PT for me.

18. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i wouldn't mind seeing a movie based on Obi-Wan's adventures in the Last of jedi Novels.

19. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    signed it too!

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, I do agree that tossing in Fett, while a cool idea, might be a bit of a stretch, which is why you can have Obi-Wan up to some crazy mission, rescue mission, something, save toddler Luke from planetbound gangsters or slavers or something, and have him not leave Tatooine at all. Some character stuff with Owen so we can get some dramatic back and forth with McGreggor and Edgerton. Like I said "True Grit. With a lightsaber." Everyone who sees him use it ends up dead anyway. Aside from maybe one guy. And nobody believes him.

Graphic likes this.
  21. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'd like a story like this where Bail Organa is the one to call for his help

22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    DC-

I hadn't thought of this idea but it is pure WIN!!! ^:)^

23. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Does no one think that by taking a side story to Luke Skywalker's location it becomes part of the skywalker saga and not a spin off?

24. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, but technically it's not central to the main saga hence qualifies as a spinoff. I don't think the 7 Jedi story involves any of DC's scenario but it doesn't mean its not a cool idea.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    oh yeah, all sound ideas, I'm just not particularly loving the central setting being the Lars Homestead.

You could then technically watch the end of RotS (at the Lars Homestead), this new Obi "spin-off" (at the Lars Homestead), then watch ANH which after the space battle is based where? (You guessed it!)

To me, it would seem too much of a continuation as opposed to spin off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.