main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    James Neal is pretty much on his way to becoming a super star in my opinion, he is a beast. Hands down my favorite move the Penguins made in the last 5 years.

Does anyone else think the Caps are kind of bummed Ovechkin didn't stay and play in the KHL? He's kind of a one trick pony.

2. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Well, that's why he's the Real Deal. ;)
    Ovi's become an embarassment. The whole "Sid vs. Ovi" rivalry is dead at this point, and we know who won.

Ken Dryden wrote a series of articles on concussions in sports. I'd look them up. Dryden's a good writer and he hit it spot on.

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Nothing like watching your team lose in the shootout after playing 60 minutes of 0-0 hockey. [face_plain]

4. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    Oh well. I need to wash my jersey anyways. (Superstitious, me? Nah)

5. Mad_Vornskr

Mad_Vornskr Jedi Master

Sep 5, 2003
    [​IMG]

It's never a dull game when Marty is in goal.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Sweet goal from Datsyuk. Top shelf where momma hides the cookies.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Okay, Sharks. Time to wake up and play now, Columbus is terrible.

Edit: Good lord. I'd hate to be San Jose's next opponent, they'll be angry.

8. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    Too many stupid penalties. We need to stay more focused, and not get all frustrated when the score is down. That's what's hurting us.

9. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    It's no fun being a San Jose fan right now either. :( I turned it off when it was 5-1.
    They're in Nashville tomorrow for the record.

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Thank you Philly, for JVR. :)

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    OIympic wrestling to be dropped.

From the sounds of everything being reported it looks like neoptism played a role in it being dropped over the Modern Pentathlon.

So wrestling is now banned as an olympic sport and Speed walking still is. Okay then.

So of course I post this in the wrong thread.:oops:

12. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    ...Aaaand they lost in OT after another thrilling 60 minutes of 0-0 hockey. After an amazing start San Jose is playing some of their worst offensive hockey that I've seen in a decade. It's like someone hit the "off" switch. Truly disturbing. We're lucky they keep picking up points in OT.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    And on the opposite side of that coin, we score 3 in the third and somehow steal one in a shootout at the Garden. I'll take it- I think San Jose will turn out just fine, going through a dry spell offensively. Too much talent there for it to go on much longer, as long as they stay healthy.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Oops, I read the box score wrong. Turns out we gave up a 3 goal lead in the third to Boston last night..serves me right for missing the game to watch the LA cop killer coverage on CNN.

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Awesome game today. I love watching hockey where both teams are really fantastic skaters like the Pens and Sabres are. The fast paced action is what I love about the game the most. I fell asleep for a few minutes and missed the goal where Buffalo went ahead 3-2. But what a ending, superb goaltending by both keepers down the stretch. That Miller save where he flung his body out there and gloved it out of the air was outstanding. Way to pull out the win Pens!

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am happy for you that you are enjoying your NHL season. In Philly, we made the mistake of sewing the scarlet letter on Giroux's jersey and now our team is on pace with the Islanders. "C" for "cursed" or "career ending" or "concussion"... Lindros, Desjardins, Primeau, Hatcher, Richards, Pronger, Giroux. It's been a fun millenia of watching HOF players have career ending injuries or slump into tradeable mediocrity while wearing our C.

17. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    In San Jose we're watching our usual playoff collapse in the February this year. Yay. [face_plain][face_flag]

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    After wanting to drop him at the beginning of the season. Gotta admit Paul Martin is actually having a pretty nice season so far.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Luongo gave up 8 goals today. Wow.

20. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
  21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    The Penguins are a mess. They have super problems in the neutral zone and defense. The forwards aren't putting any pressure on at all besides maybe Neal. It's frustrating to watch a team with so much talent play so terrible.

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Likely because they would have to pay the Disney Empire licensing fees to be able to play any Star Wars track.

23. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    I almost had a heart attack watching the game tonight! Pens, please do not do that to me again. (And is it possible to bring back Brent Johnson? Vokoun sucks!)

As a Pens fan, I loathe the Flyers, but that is one kickass mask. (Plus I kinda like Bryz. He's just so freaking weird)

24. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    If you look at the mask in those pics, everything has a sort of "orange cast", as if lit by orange light (natural, given the Flyers' team colors). It is most noticeable with Yoda, who doesn't really look green. AND the lightsaber he is wielding looks RED! Blasphemy! Well, enough Star Wars fans complained/commented (to much snarkiness by the sports writers, who IMHO had some nerve telling folks to "get a life" LOL) that the mask has been changed, ALREADY (!) so that Yoda is his usual clearly green self, using a green lightsaber. Clearly, a lot of SW/hockey crossover fans. And since Bryz played a great game yesterday, clearly the Force approved ;-)

25. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Good action going on in the Chicago/Detroit game

Frank T. likes this.