main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I saw her first! :)

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think it’s very possible that Ford is only coming back for Episode 7. As others have said, even he is starting to look his age a little bit (which is fine, BTW). However, I just don't think he'll want to commit to something that, all in all, will probably take just under a decade to complete. I really can see him and Chewie (and possibly even Leia) going out in a blaze of glory in the Falcon.

Echo-07 and TreborSabreon like this.
  3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Boys boys don't fight over me. If you do fight...then I demand it be in an epic arena and with lightsabers. Battle to the death! ;)

4. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I shot you first!

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Han will probably die, if only because Ford has been asking for it since, basically, ESB. Probably sometime in ep. 7, who knows where?

Also quite possible might include (or just me hoping) that Ford will have a two-movie deal but smaller roles in both (maybe ala Samuel L. Jackson in the Avengers flicks). What would the 2nd appearance be, you ask? Nah, not a Force Ghost in Ep. 8 (although it might be fun just to see Han looking irritated) but as Han Solo in the spin-off flick, bookending the movie with Ford as Han at the start & Ford as Han at the end. Kinda like that Young Indy cameo he did but hopefully a tad larger.

Echo-07 and Krueger like this.
  6. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Very interesting news. I could see Han dying. I hope this is true!

Echo-07 likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    LFL: "We love you"
    Ford: "I know."

8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    This is AWESOME news & it gives us alot of answers :

1. It confirms that Episode 7 will be set atleast 30 yrs after ROTJ and a max of 45 yrs after ROTJ
    2. Alot of the EU will be saved
    3. It seems the focus might now be on Han's Kids / Grand-kid
    4. It seems certain that Mark Hamill & Carrie Fisher will be onboard too

Echo-07 likes this.
  9. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    [​IMG]

like a boss

10. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Solo should've been killed off in ROTJ like Ford and Kasdan wanted. Now they have to find something for him to do in Episode VII. I hope they at least give him a wardrobe change, I think it would look weird to see an elderly Harrison Ford in that same vest.

11. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

Yeah it doesn't confirm that a lot of the EU will be saved.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  12. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    O HELL YEAH man I am emotional wtf

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Let's not jump to conclusions. Nothing has been confirmed yet. This is all still wild speculation until someone 'in-the-know' can confirm either way.

Also, about your second point, they're just as likely to stomp all over the EU with Han in the narrative as they are without him. Not sure how signing Harrison automatically saves the EU?

14. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I'll get excited when its official. Lets just hope that he not the crank pot he been in the past few movies. Still, potentially very good news.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's his trusty vest. He doesn't go anywhere without the vest! :cool:

gregvader123 likes this.
  16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I don't know how I feel about this... Harrison did not FEEL like Indiana Jones in that last film.

Hope he can still pull off Han Solo.

17. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah I agree. How does Han returning save the EU? Do not doubt Lucasfilm and Abrams ability to destroying continuities *Eu and canon alike*. Abrams destroyed Vulcan for Christ sakes!

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  18. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    And there I was, wondering if I'd get a good birthday surprise today. Well, this'll do nicely! Almost as good as the Han Solo cake I got when I was seven years old oh so many years ago. [face_dancing]

19. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    As far as what this means for the saga, I have no clue. Just hoping they bring Hamill back, too. Because it would just be wrong to bring Han back without Luke. :p

20. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

In fact, it most likely means a lot of EU will be thrown out. The only way they could have kept the EU was if Han, Leia, etc weren't involved.

21. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    If true, welcome back Harrison ya old Pirate!

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  22. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe you'll also avoid smarmy *** comments which don't necessitate smarmy *** responses too, and then we can avoid exchanges like this.;)

Also, when the ST turns into the Han Solo trilogy, instead of the next chapter in the Skywalker saga, I shall stand corrected. Until then, to say that Han Solo will be a featured supporting character in the ST is not a huge leap in regards to possible conclusions to come to.

23. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Maybe we'll finally see an older Han herding Nerfs.

24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah. TBH, this is the impression I'm getting if they get back the original actors, rather than the other way around.

25. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012

Not sure how you guys come to that conclusion, no idea if you are wrong or not, you're probably right, but I don't see how you can come to such a conclusion based on whether or not Han and Leia are in the ST.