main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's Time For TCW to End.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garrett Atkins, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Should TCW end?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2013.
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. No

65 vote(s)
    78.3%
  3. Never should have been made

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I voted no.

[​IMG]

(I put too much effort into that image not to bring it back in response to this thread's original post.)

2. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I agree. The Clone Wars era is one of the most important eras in the history of Star Wars and TCW doesn't explore the war as much as it should, though that isn't to say that it hasn't made its own contributions to the Clone Wars lore. EU writers should still focus on the conflict, because what happens when Filoni doesn't put the Sun Guard in TCW? Who will place them in the conflict then?

On another note, I do think that the OP is trolling.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I say keep it going — at least for another two seasons, which if they did would end right before Episode VII is released in '15. But if they were to end it soon, then they should go all out and tie up all loose ends.

4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    There will inevitably be a number of Clone Wars era fans after the series ends. It would make sense for Lucasfilm Licensing to cater to them with EU releases, in parallel to whatever Sequel Trilogy tie-ins are released, much like how the OT-era EU content was still released while the PT was ongoing.

The lack of an ongoing webcomic is felt sharply. Back in S1 days, the webcomic helped to embellish the episodes being aired, providing context and background. During S2 and S3, the webcomic showed an interesting tangent to the main series storyline.

Technically the Sun Guard have already been described as fighting in the Clone Wars in some of the sourcebooks. Their role in the conflict was greatly elaborated in the New Essential Guide To Warfare. However, in a TCW episode, novel or comic they could have an interesting role, particularly in a story focused on ideological extremism, to which Sith cultism could be relevant. They could even have some relevance to the Dark Times era, being a non-state actor who could pose a threat to the Empire before the Rebel Alliance gets started up.

There are a lot of potential avenues a Clone Wars-era writer could take. The complete exploits of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Ahsoka Tano, Quinlan Vos and a handful of other characters have already been or are being accounted, but there are plenty of other established characters to focus on, plus numerous original character concepts to explore.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  5. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Dude, I'm not trolling.

6. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    No flippin way.

7. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I'm not a TCW obsessor, but I need my Star Wars flick week in, week out!

8. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Hey! Stargate SG-1, Smallville, and The X-Files were still awesome in the end. And Doctor Who is on a lengthy break now that makes me have withdraws....

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I agree with the OP -- am I a troll? :rolleyes:

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Troll ≠ abrasive/rude idiot. OP could have been thought out well, but was angrish instead. Thus, the not-taking-him-seriosuly and calling him a troll.

On second thought, going into a dedicated forum for any TV show and starting a discussion advocating the end of said show and calling it ridiculous is never a good idea. Yeaaaaaah...

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think people here really call troll just because folks don't like the show. It happens because the first thing some folks do when they come here is create a whole new thread just so they can say TCW sucks it should be canceled in the TV section on this forum. To borrow Garth's old words of wisdom. That's about like going onto a Nickelback forum just to say they suck, should stop making music, and Chad Kroger should throw himself off a cliff onto jagged rocks. That would generally be considered trolling. Everyone's perfectly entitled to their opinion, to dislike the show, and voice it as loudly as they want. I'm just sayin'. And that said its not a posters job to call out troll. If any one of you suspects trolling is going on that post should be reported so a mod like myself can deal with it. To put that on yourself and call someone else a troll is baiting and likely a personal attack.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Still, stuff like this happens every day in the Ep 7 forum. At least LACWAC keeps its cool most of the time (barring last summer).

13. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Yeah...no it's not time for TCW to end.

14. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The Essential Guide to Warfare had stuff on the Sun Guard? Or Galaxy at War? Just curious, since I don't recall reading anything on them in Warfare. And I know Evil Never Dies stated that Ventress wiped out the Sun Guard prior to leaving Dooku's service, so the Sun Guard technically shouldn't have much of a significant role in the Clone Wars at the point in time the series is at now.

Yeah...Smallville's last season wasn't quite what it could've been. They didn't know what to do with a lot of the other heroes―Supergirl especially got screwed over―and their handling of the New Gods wasn't all that great either. I liked the Seven Soldiers/Final Crisis take on the New Gods in human form, but the utter failure of Darkseid to be a threatening villainous presence was awful. It was decent, but there was definitely a let down after the more emotionally charged Kryptonian arc of the last season.

And to actually get to the topic at hand...
    The obvious answer to the question is without a doubt YES. The show should absolutely end. I'm just not in any particular hurry for that end to come right now. While I cannot overstate my frustration when the series does things like killing off pre-existing characters before their time, or attempting to kill Mandalore as I know and love it, the enjoyable portions of the series have proven to be more plentiful than the bothersome on the whole. There's been a good deal of entertainment spread across these last five seasons, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested to see where some of the unresolved plot threads were headed. I also recognize that while I don't always agree with the direction the series takes, it would be rather petty and self-obsessed of me to pray for its cancellation or an otherwise abrupt ending when so many of my fellow fans enjoy the show; I admit more than a few moments of wishful thinking have gone in the direction of better, more careful writing, though. So while I'd rather things not drag on and on in the interest of just being on the air regardless of quality, I'm all for the show coming to an end when it feels organically natural, whether that means another season or another three seasons.

QuangoFett likes this.
  15. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    One of the above. :p

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I think it deserves at least 1 more season if nothing else. As a show I much prefer it to the PT and seems to tell a much better backstory than they do.

Besides which post RTJ stories are a bit overrated. I have read quite a few of the EU books/stories and many are pretty crap while even more basically did the same thing with the same plot line, evil warlord comes back with a super weapon, while there was next to know character development, so little that it almost felt like a reset button had been pushed within the book itself let alone by the next.

TaradosGon likes this.
  17. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    No, it shouldn't end. It's been in it's stride since the second half of season 3 in my opinion. I do see validation with the stance that it has been wasting potential to expand on second-tier Jedi and whatnot, but that doesn't change the fact that what we have gotten is pretty damn cool.

18. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I do think the problem was how the OP put it was written (in that seemingly angry & hateful way) and that can pretty easily be misinterpreted as trolling. If he had put it in in a more or less thoughtful way, no one would have suspected him to be a troll.

And I think TCW is a lot of fun, I tend to overlook the weaker parts and find enjoyment in pretty much all of the episodes, a new episode or even the release of the DVDs are stuff to look forward to. I don't go and overanalyze the show and tear it apart like some do, I just enjoy it for what it is and let myself be entertained by the stories it tells.

19. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    I chose yes, but not because I hate it.

TCW renewed my faith in Star Wars TV and the possibilities it could bring. The show is one of the best animated in the past few years. I just feel that, with the show going the way it is, it should be time to wrap it up and properly segue into Episode III.

That and I'm getting a little bit tired of this era now. There's plenty of other areas to focus on in Star Wars besides the Clone Wars.

TaradosGon likes this.
  20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    In my opinion, they should not make TCW too long.
    The war cannot be that long!
    If they want to make more episodes, they should let them take place in the Dark Times.

TaradosGon likes this.
  21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    And that way there's less canon for them to **** with; everyone's happy!

22. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I voted "No," it should not end.

However, this comes with a caveat:

It shouldn't end right away, but should transition into the Dark Times. Here we see the fallout of Order 66 and the transformation of the Clones into Imperial Stormtroopers. We see the last characters on the run, banding together to become small Rebel factions and aiding anyone else caught in the crossfire of the Empire. Something that closes any lingering story threads, and tidies up everything neatly with a bow.

23. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    It's not "canon-destroying" it's canon-CREATING. The other stuff it's overriding is random EU comics written by random EU scrubs who just play out their fanboy views on their works. For example having Boba come back from the dead, and fighting Vader with a lightsaber... lol. It's garbage. I like a lot of the EU tho. But what's really canon is George Lucas' vision. He actually tells the STORY, not just his own personal fanboy wet dream for 1 character.

TCW is far superior to the EU is destroys. TCW should never end IMO. At least not until after Season 7 or Season 8. If I could have it my way I would want this show to go on for 10-15 Seasons while the Underworld show gets made as well, and trash the disney, Episode 7-9 and Spin offs. Too bad I'm not in control :(

24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

25. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Somewhat new yes. I've been here a few months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.