main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Which is better? PT or TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 22, 2013.

?

Which is better?

1. Prequel Trilogy

12 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

33 vote(s)
    48.5%
  3. Both

23 vote(s)
    33.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
  2. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Love em both! Love the classics as well. All 3 are great and unique in their own ways. No favorites for me. :)

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    ROTS>Micro series and TCW with certain episodes tying ROTS and some possible beating it>TPM>AOTC

Jerran Tankarri likes this.
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I love both of them!!!!

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  5. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Hmm, perhaps I should have put in a "Both" option?

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, yes you should have :p

7. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I like both, but like how TCW explores stuff more.

8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Ack! Hard choice.

ROTS is better than TCW, but TCW is better than TPM and AOTC. I suppose I'll go with Clone Wars just based on how after 100+ episodes the character development has gone on, especially in regards to Ahsoka, Ventress, Obi-Wan and most of all - Darth Maul.

9. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    The movies.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  10. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    PT's overall theme is good, but the movie could not show it well since there are too many stuff, even RotS is a bit rushed. Also Lucas' idea of Anakin was too different than people had in mind.

TCW got enough time to tell the story of the Clone Wars, it has many good ideas as well, but it could not expand most of the ideas well. Good arcs are amazing but some arcs just make people lose interest AKA the droid arc in S5.

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The PT.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Both option added.

TCW actually. TCW all the way for doing a better job of telling the story leading up to ROTS, IMO. Its far more in depth and with much stronger characterization.

13. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Why there is no 2003 CW choice?

thesevegetables, vong333 and JackG like this.
  14. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I prefer TCW, not least because of the deeper characterization.

vong333 likes this.
  15. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Equally great. Love them both. If I had to choose at gunpoint I'd go with TCW tho. Simply because they're MUCH more or it.

16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    TCW for the simple fact that is actually seems to match up with the OT and is the more coherent and believable back story.

vong333 and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  17. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I mean thinking about it....

PT - 1999-2005 (6 years) = 6+ hours of Star Wars

TCW(to the end of S5) - 2008-2013 (5 years) = 60+ hours of Star Wars

really hard to compare the two on even terms

18. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    PT was just ROTS.Thats the only good Episode of the PT.

AOTC and TPM was weird in terms of actors and story. the visual effects, costumes and music on the other side was great of course, but the story was just a better fanfiction. It was scary how sloppy Lucas did write it. He even changed the script while they were filming the final scenes of ROTS!!..and that wasnt minor changes. There is a scene were Anakin together with Mace and the others goes to arrest the chancelor! They did film that. That was the real final. Anakins original turn to the dark side was because of political reasons. Later that did not work and they put in Padmes horrible death scene (Thats so horrible in terms of acting and script they should cut it out and burn that scene.)

I mean the story just can be a better fanfiction, Vader jr. doing podrace..Jedi fighting droids in a gladiator arena..ani and padme lovin each other so badly that it did hurt my eyes...not my heart...:rolleyes:

Even ROTS is full of logical failures and still the best of the PT.

TCW has a lot of weak moments, but nothing comparable to the weak moments of the PT. Because TCW is easy to watch. Its more fun and not so serious. PT is full serious.

PT is like this..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PT = serious business.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh no no no, I'm not taking that plump, juicy bait you're dangling in front of me Lurker.

By the way your poll doesn't make sense. They can't both be better. Unless you're comparing them to a third party, like a plate of dog turds for example.

20. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I didn't even add the both option, I only considered it. That was Seerow.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Tell her to do it again.

22. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I'm going with both, i love the movies, especially the PT, but if it wasn't for the clone wars, I wouldn't be here!

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well, first off I love the CW of 2003. Those were the best in terms of everything. They even won Emmy and Annie awards. Tough to do with the constrictions that that show had. Not to mention the rating that the CN got out of those 25 episodes.

I then have to go with The Clone Wars series. I thought that this series did a wonderful job of expanding on the reasons why Anakin is going to fall, the jedi, and the republic. In fact, if anyone reads the prolgue to ANH novel, GL spells out what happened to the galaxy. Now with the Clone Wars were seeing it. I also thank this series for garnering interest in TPM 3-D and pushing the movie over $1 billion doallars unadjusted marking the first star wars movie to ever do that and the first movei ever for GL. Without this series and bringing back Darth Maul that movie would have made less.

I can't choose the prequels because they were forgetable.

The prequels will never be good because of the fisaco it created. TPM literally is the worst movie of the top 30 worldwide box office movies. I can't stand watching it and for those that say, well vong it made money. Yeah it did, but if you remember back in 1999 even though it made money ot was critized to end of time and a movie called the Matrix which only made half of that world wide snubbed a bunch of Academy awards. Something that the OT movies did, but the prequels didn't. AOTC had crappy edits at the end, a childish love story, a jedi star fighter that was not used in the final battle of the movie and had to wait for a video game to find out what it could do. This plus several other things showed why at the box office the movie made $648 million. Movies like Spiderman and LOTR Two Towers made more money worldwide. Notice I don't just use the North American market. That time is long and gone, worldwide is the true bench mark. Just look at Avatar, Titanic, and Avengers. Not to mention the last Harry Potter Movie. ROTS was trying to play catch up but the movie had the one scene that was not included in there and that was the ending scene with Yoda. That was the signature scene that needed to be in the movie and wasnt. The Grevious vs Clones Utapau fight was better in animatic than the filmed stuff. Over all though the movie was better than TPM and AOTC. The novel sold out like hot cakes and the Episode 3 video game which was horrible was one of the top sellers of 2005.

So the reaction that I have a long with others is that the sequel trilogy better be good and hopefully they can forget the prequel stuff and not repeat the mistakes. Or this franchise is done.

The Clone Wars is the outright winner for me.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Clone Wars, since the vast majority of its dramatic scenes don't leave me laughing hysterically.

25. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    TPM>>>>>>>>>>AOTC>>TCW>>ROTS

I think TCW does a better job than the PT with Anakin, who is the main character of both. So I voted The Clone Wars, since both is a dirty cop-out. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.