main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion (Warning tag) The (Super) shadow (DOESN'T) know...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthBreezy, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

With a new film comes an influx of new users - (been there, been that!) and with not only a new movie but a whole new trilogy we're going to have a herd of folks, coming in all excited because they heard from a 'great site called (*gags*) Supershadow all about the new movies.

I'll be polite (though I'm sure many post that follow won't) - in a nutshell, it's as real as... well, say as the idea that I, Darth Breezy will be writing the ST... ALL of it...

Already, he's set up a myriad of sites that inevitably take you back to his site, and puts money in his pocket: ie starwarssequeltrilogy.com, starwarsepisode7.com, starwarsepisode7.net, starwars7.net and on and on...

A little more information is from Wookieepidia, the most relevant is below:
    In issue #90 (November-December 2006) of the Star Wars Insider, Lucasfilm's Pablo Hidalgo stated in response to a question about SuperShadow:
    "The site and the person who runs it, have absolutely no relationship with Lucasfilm or George Lucas. The person who runs it has never met nor talked to George Lucas. So-called information, "scoops", and interviews on the site are complete fabrications. Lucasfilm has taken action against the site several times when it has attempted to solicit fans' money under false pretenses."
    ―Pablo Hidalgo[src]
    So just a friendly heads up -

2. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    This should be required reading before posting on the Ep7 forum.

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Good idea to put this up. It should probably be stickied. Here are a couple of extra links about Stupidshadow.

[face_sick]

4. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Agreed. Made into a sticky, at least.

5. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I clicked on one of those links. It's so fake it hurts. I second the calls for a sticky

6. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I tried to remove the link aspect - I don't want to even remotely give that (Self censored) piece of 'work' a penny.

I'd love this to be 'stickied' and welcome people posting more links as they find them - I think we've only scratched the surface of his new ventures...

7. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    Maybe it should be renamed Simple Shadow? With someone swinging a lightsaber at a butterfly in the meadow.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    So why repost them here?

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I agree with others, this is a good thread.

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    To create a more informed and aware community.

11. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Exactly - thank you! Some of the links (as I said, I tried to remove the hyperlinks to no avail) take a few clicks to in back to the main site like little minefields.

And I felt so dirty clicking through as it was - I need a shower now!!

12. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Well, what would a new movie be like without SuperShadow and his BS. The new members to the forum definitely need to be warned about him. I have learned to totally disregard his BS, but I admit that I have laughed at some of his so-called scoops due to their sheer absurdity.

13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Normally I would just lock a thread like this. However I think new users and anyone doing spoilers for the first time around should be made aware of the fake that Super Shadow is. And Pablo himself answering the question is a good place for us to point back to, just so everyone knows this man is a fake. He has been trying to say he is in the know since TPM.

14. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    So can we have this thread stickied then? There seems to be a consensus that it should be.

Darth Chiznuk and DarthBreezy like this.
  15. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I hope so - I didn't create it to stir up the proverbial pot, but as a warning, especially as even the mere mention of his name is inviting ridicule to new posters, and as I said, his 'scoops' have already started infiltrating the forums. [face_sick]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. I used to post on the SW.com boards when the prequels were being made. Almost no day went by when some noob would post an SS link going "hey guys look what I just found." The link would then have to be deleted and the the thread locked and somebody would have to explain about Supershadow. It drove the mods nuts.

themetresgained likes this.
  17. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i heard that they gave supershadow a bunch of fake scoops for the last trilogy so that no one would believe him this time around

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    No serious Star Wars fan believes him anyway...

19. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Great thread, DarthBreezy! Calling the guy out for the liar he is (and that's the nicest thing that can be said about him) is a wonderful idea. It will be alot of help for those who weren't around for the prequels or don't remember him.

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    You are far more generous than I am. I wasn't aware that it was possible to say nice things about him.

:p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. Crankcase

Crankcase Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2012
    That's very nice but don't bash every single site that has a similar name. I don't want to advertise my blog or something but starwars7news.com doesn't have anything to do with SS as Darth Breezy suggested in the other thread. It's a blog that I run and is made from a fan for the fans. So please check your facts before posting something like this.

23. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Um...he's not an ax-murderer? That's nice.

Thank you for the warning DarthBreezy. I wasn't familiar with this guy. Though I'm planning to take all unconfirmed "spoilers" with a giant boulder of salt.

24. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I tried to make sure that above directly links to the evil one - if I made a mistake I apologize, but this is primarily a warning that he has made multiple sites that ultimately redirect to his manure farm. I don't want to spend the next 2 years hearing about him and his BS unless it's news that the C&D letters he's received have actually finally taken effect.

Krueger and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Come on folks........

Supershadow does not know GL. He knows me. I am the one who is buddies with Uncle George, and I confide in SS to get the word out and set people straight on SW.

Everyone who knows anything knows that I am actually writting the ST as well as the spinoffs.

And you are all it them!!!!! :)

[face_rofl]

But yes. A little heads up that SS is BS it a nice jesture for the new folks who come here to "tell us about it."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.