main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Just as long as the potty humor is kept to a minimum.

2. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    I totally agree with you on that.

:)

3. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    The Star Wars News Roundup - 3.1.2013

Source: Scott Chitwood
    March 1, 2013​

Episode VII News Summary

Several rumors popped up this week and were promptly shot down. First up, Marketsaw reported that actor Simon Pegg was being courted for a role in Episode VII and director Alfonso Cuaron was being considered to direct one of the standalone films. Simon Pegg took directly to Twitter to address the rumor:

"No idea where this silly rumour about me attached to the new Star Wars film came from but I can confirm that it's absolute Bantha poodoo."

As for Cuaron, so many directors are being considered right now it's way too premature to single one out as a frontrunner.

Ain't It Cool News started another rumor that a movie version of the game "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" was being considered. They promptly retracted this rumor when contacted by the game writer Drew Karpyshyn.

Having run TheForce.Net during the Special Editions and all three prequels, I can tell you that movie news websites get flooded with fake news items. Some are obvious fabrications while others aren't as obvious. You don't start getting factual reports until much closer to the production start. So unless it is from official sources or reliable news sites, I wouldn't put too much stock in these news reports.

Meanwhile, people continue to ask the original trilogy actors if they're prepared to return for the new sequels. TheForce.Net reports that radio station 95.7 KJR finally caught up with Billy Dee Williams and asked if he wanted to come back.

"Well, I'm like everybody else, we're all speculating and we're all wondering. If they want me to participate, I'd love to participate. I love the idea of keeping the character alive. And I specifically want to keep him alive, as long as I'm alive."

So when is someone going to catch up with Denis Lawson to ask if Wedge is coming back?

It has been mentioned that the new films will focus on the Skywalker and Solo children. So who are they? Well, if the films follow the Expanded Universe, then the family tree will look something like this as created by Chartgeek and pointed out by Geekologie.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101000#toBsz40KIuikFvuU.99

[​IMG]

JainaSoloYJK and JUKE-SKYWALKER like this.
  4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    God, not the chart again....

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. Hopefully, we get more random pics of Chloe Moretz this week, too. Possibly in the Chewbacca thread this time, just for some variety...

TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Let's go for some fatty bashing too in the EU thread.

7. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I liken Episode VII as Disney's first date with the fans. They have to make a good impression. I think the best way to do this is by bringing back the fan favorites of the OT and passing the torch to a new generation. Accordingly, I expect the Big 3, along with the droids, Lando, and Chewbacca.

LawJedi likes this.
  8. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Hi, Grimby! Sorry, you'll always be a newbie to me ;)
    Very excited about the new SW films being in the works. Can't wait. Maybe I'll spend as much time on the forums as I did back in 1998-1999, back in the "Golden age." I'm going to retire this year, so I'll have plenty of time to post, when I'm not traveling all over the country!

Darth Chiznuk and DarthBreezy like this.
  9. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    So, just to get me up to speed, what do we actually KNOW at this point? Release date of May, 2015. Han Solo (Harrison Ford) will probably be back. Carrie Fisher said she would do so if asked, but so far no one has asked. J J Abrams ("Bad Robot") will be involved (director or producer?). Haven't heard anything from Mark Hamill. Billy Dee Williams also said he would if asked. That's all I've seen so far. Anything else we can count on?

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    JJ is directing and Michael Arndt is writing the screenplay from a treatment by George Lucas. We have no confirmation yet on the exact release date or even release year (JJ said he wasn't committed to 2015 so we'll see.) It has been reported by the Latino Review that Harrison Ford has signed on but Mark Hamill was interviewed by ET online and said that they were still in talks (he indicated that they were talking to himself, Harrison, and Carrie.) Did I anything anyone?

11. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Thanks. I just hope they keep the LucasFilm logo at the beginning of the film. I don't want to see that silly castle. [face_sick]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    A bit more:

- Lawrence Kasdan is consulting on the writing of Episode VII.

- Two additional Star Wars movies will be produced, based on other characters. The content is unknown. Kasdan is writing one of them. The first would not come out until after Episode VII.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Definitely. I would bet they'll keep the Lucasfilm logo but Disney will probably want their logo on it as well (we might even see the Bad Robot logo because they're co-producing the film.) I just hope they put an interesting spin on the Castle like they did with Tron: Legacy.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Ah yes, that part slipped my mind somehow. Also Simon Kinberg will write the other spin-off and is also consulting I believe on Episode VII.

15. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Now, if the castle could morph into a death star or something . . . [face_thinking]

Edit: afterthought: I hope they DO NOT have another Death Star. I thought it was a little lame to rehash that in ROTJ, frankly.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
  17. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Mark has reported that they were in talks with the 3 of them wanting to bring them back. Billy Dee Williams has said he would love to come back.

18. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Mark looks awful. Lots of makeup. Need lots of makeup.

19. Blip

Blip Jedi Master star 1

Feb 5, 2004
    Nah, just give him a full beard and make sure he lays off the burgers. :D

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed, facial hair will hide the melted look his face has these days. He doesn't exactly have to do much, it's not like he's 300lbs and has 5 chins either.

21. Blip

Blip Jedi Master star 1

Feb 5, 2004
    Yep - just enough to ensure he looks more like a "wize old wizard" as opposed to the SW universe's living incarnation of the Great Bearded Flannel-wearing One... ;)

22. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    What about Carrie Fisher? I looked her up on Google Images recently and I don't remember her having aged quite that badly.

Last time I looked her up I remember her looking something like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But these are the more recent photos of her:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's also the fact that she's struggling with mental illness - I doubt she'd be able to do more than a minor role in any new films.

23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Carrie is amazing and can do anything.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Exactly. Just because she has struggles (like pretty much everyone) doesn't mean she can't have a significant role in a movie. A lot of great actors have had personal struggles and it hasn't stopped them. Carrie will be amazing.

25. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    She was just hospitalised for her bipolar disorder, there's a difference between struggles and hospitalisation.

I mean sure, yeah, she can do whatever, but it isn't as 'mind over matter' as you seem to be making it. Mental illness is real and it does affect the way you can cope with situations - such as, with a film, being hounded by the press.

Either way, I'm sure she'll make the decision that's best for her.