main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series We're Flying!!! Best Season 5 Episode Poll

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 5, 2013.

?

Best Season 5 Episode?

1. "Tipping Points"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. "The Gathering"

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. "Bound for Rescue"

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. "A Necessary Bond"

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. "Revival"

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. "Eminence"

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  7. "The Lawless"

34 vote(s)
    43.6%
  8. "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  9. "The Wrong Jedi"

28 vote(s)
    35.9%
  10. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Couldn't fit all of them! Remember to name your choice if you say "Other"!

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Oh, look, "The Lawless" is at 100%. I knew it! :p

Seerow and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I have to go with "The Wrong Jedi". The animation and the music were superb, the voice acting was the best, and the final scene completely changed the series. I cannot wait to see where the show goes from here. The most emotional episode yet for me and Anakin watching wistfully as Ahsoka walks away into the sunset...

4. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    The Wrong Jedi.

One thing that made it so much better, is that the lighting at the last scene is the same as it was in the Clone Wars movie (that Being a sunset on tatooine, when Ahsoka asks him about the past), which really tied up Ahsoka's and Anakin's relationship up really neatly.

5. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Lawless = TCW at its most awesome.

6. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I'm leaning towards The Flawless.

Savage and Satine... I miss them already. This episode gave them both respectful send-offs, leaving emotional upheaval in their wakes. I particularly like the way the tone shifted after the Twilight's crash from that of an upbeat rescue story to something darker and more melancholy. More than most other episodes in the series, this one had a TESB/ROTS-style feeling that things had changed dramatically in the course of the narrative. Feeling much longer than it actually was, it started in one place and finished in another. Really, TESB and ROTS are good analogues to The Flawless.

7. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    The lawless would of had my vote if the duel they promised as the best of all time would of actually lived up to the hype. I was sooo ready for the duel between the brothers and Sidious that when it actually happened I was underwhelmed.." that was it?? the best duel in the history of the show. Savage's death was weak and anticlimactic. What a wasted character, and those last words were weak. Ok so Savage is gone I can live with that. But Sidious looked like a Super Saiyan out there, and the entire time I couldn't help but think that was pure fan service at it's finest. And just when I thought the duel was getting better, Maul goes out like a punk as coward.

" The wrong Jedi" By default.

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The Wrong Jedi followed by the Lawless

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The Lawless: loved the comedy with the ship, Satine's death and Obi-Wan's kissing of her hand. The Wrong Jedi - stunning but if you look at it at all carefully, there's too much idiocy and crap to stand up to examination.

10. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Between those last three episodes for me. I'm leaning towards The Jedi Who Knew Too Much though.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I voted for 'The Lawless', it was a really amazing episode with the most amazing lightsaber duel in the entire series, the whole episode intense and it just looked fantastic, and for such a dark episode, it still managed to have a couple of funny parts to it which was great.
    'Revival' would be my second choice, followed by 'Shades of Reason' and 'A Necessary Bond', there was just so many great episodes this season, but 'The Lawless' topped them all for me.

Seerow and Valairy Scot like this.
  12. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    The Lawless!

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Eminence. It's the only episode (ever, I think) where I didn't given a single **** about all the shortcomings. I don't deny that it's not without its flaws, but god dammit it's too much fun from start to finish. Glorious.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm going with The Lawless.

Two episodes made me cry this season: that one and The Wrong Jedi. And The Wrong Jedi, as Valairy said, had way too much blatant stupidity in it that I can't vote it best in spite of its overpowering Anakin moments.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

16. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Lawless. The episode simply go the job done: wrapped up two characters that needed to be, well, wrapped up before ROTS.
    Obi-Wan being his typical self, Korkie getting knocked out :D, and the final duel made the episode the highlight of this season. Not to mention my favorite TCW original character, Bo-Katan, being an absolute bad-ass.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  17. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    The Jedi Who Knew too Much Simply the best of TCW ever... (I don't watch previews or look at any spoilers) I was completely shocked by this episode. From start to finish pure awesomeness. The Funeral with Yoda was cool...barris "he taught me how to use my lightsaber" ahhh BS... Tarkin was epic in this episode, and his clashes with Ahsoka were equally epic. Ahsoka getting framed was mind blowing. I didn't see it coming at all. Seeing the Separatist Leaders in jail was great, I'm pretty sure this is setting up for their escape in future seasons. What this episode really comes down to is the chase scene.... EPIC... Ahsoka was amazing, the animation was top notch and it was just so exciting. Anakin also was amazing in this episode. Finally, the conversation between Ahsoka and Anakin before Ahsoka jumps down to the Underworld was awesome. This was probably the last episode we saw Ahsoka and Anakin as master and apprentice. Gotta give it some props. Not only the best of Season 5, But the best of TCW. Behind that, Wrong Jedi and Eminence were top notch too. Unfortunately I only get one vote.

rumblewagon, fett 4 and Seerow like this.
  18. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    (Off topic) CaptainRex115 we made our JC accounts on the same day!

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  19. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    The Wrong Jedi or the wawless.

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Lawless is my favorite episode of the season and one of my new top episodes of the series. Its as close to perfect as any episode of TCW has ever been with the execution, the action, the interplay of characters, the darkness of the plot, and the complexity of how it all comes together. This is one of the few stories where despite his best efforts the hero Obi-wan flat out fails and makes things worse perpetuating a civil war on Mandalore. Maul proved again why he has become an excellent addition to TCW as a dangerous and effective villain. Then its even more exciting when his old master shows up and whoops his ass into submission leaving us with more questions at the end with the line that basically went, "I won't kill ya, I got some great plans.". The deaths of Satine and Savage were both well done particularly the later. I never would have thought I'd get misty eyes at Savage's death but it happened. His character arc ended in a way that did justice to his character despite seeming to get swept aside. This is how all arcs should end.

21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Secret Weapons.

22. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    "The k.o. of Clovis"

23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The Lawless.

24. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I concur that it comes down to "The Lawless" vs. "The Wrong Jedi," and I'm torn. As pivotal as the former episode was, it's hard to argue that the finale was even more critical. I loved the ending scene and the meta-themes that were on display (the Jedi Council's failures on display, increasing Imperialization, Anakin's attachment issues and building rage, etc.). But "The Lawless" edges it out, I think. It featured some appropriate homages to the OT, genuine humor, and two well-executed deaths.

And I would be remiss if I failed to mention the obvious: the more Sidious, the better.

25. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Can't go wrong with 'The Wrong Jedi'. This episode really worked well for me; it had some great scenes, nice action and was a really good conclusion of the Fugitive arc. The character moments, the further development of the central characters as well as the more dramatic moments were all great and that whole ending was one of the best on the show so far (the emotional stuff was done very nicely). With this episode they did something different and they did it really well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.