main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion I LOVE YOU! I KNOW!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bergstrom, Mar 4, 2013.

1. BountyHunter76

BountyHunter76 Jedi Master

Nov 2, 2012
    I just hope they don't kill him off in the opening scenes to give us all a rattle. Did anyone see Executive Decision with Steven Segal's quick death right at the start?

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A re-hash of this could be good. Pity it was used in ROTJ but since ROTJ was assumed to be the end for however many years its been I was fine with that. For this trilogy? Why not? I liked the references to the OT in the Thrawn trilogy mainly the We don't have time to discuss this in a committee, I am not a committee exchange.

3. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Good people, you ever looked how Fischer and Ford look today?

You realy want to see THIS?

[​IMG]

[face_sick][face_sick]

[​IMG]

Please LORD, save us from that!

4. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Ugh, you have a tiny mind. Older people can still be in love and are still allowed to express their love for each other (though few will do so outside of private because that's the way their generation was brought up). Being cute and coupley doesn't need to mean on-screen kissing either.

Are you telling me that you're not made happy to see that your parents or grandparents still love each other after so many years together?

mes520 and DarthRelaxus like this.
  5. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Seriuosly? NO!

I dont care older peoples feelings. I just dont want to see something like that and paying even money for it. Young peoples(max 40-45 years old) love belongs to the big screen. No offence but in terms of a love story Han and Leia have passed their date of last usage for a cinematic production. I just dont wanna see that because i can already imagine how that would look like. Just odd.

I still hope they will cast some fresh actors. ST deserves some fresh acting.

EDIT
    They are both wide over 60 dammit!

6. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Um, check your math, Carrie is going to be 57 this year.

mes520 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  7. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Sorry but looks like over 60. Look at Madonna and other old female stars, they make sports to be fit.

Mark Hamil and Carrie F. are no longer cinema actors. They are TV actors at best.

Ford is OK. He can have his role back. Still Cinema Actor old but good lookin.

8. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    That's exactly why it's my favorite Steven Segal movie! :cool:

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Leia: I hate you!

Han: I didn't know that!
    (Gets hit by a bus)

DarthRelaxus and VMeran like this.
  10. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    Right, well, I'm just going to decide to ignore you.

J_Girl and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Ignoring me will not make you hapier. They are old. I dont want Luke and Leia talking about their health issues. I need some young kick ass characters.

12. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    Them being IN the movie doesn't mean it's going to be ABOUT them. Their kids or grandkids will be the stars. They'll only be there to create continuity.

BW2 and Force Smuggler like this.
  13. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    ok. in the backround is ok. There are always old people in the background in good movies. They can have a cameo. Leia sitting on a bankett table of some senators or stuff like that and Luke teaching some jedikids.

Han Solo can be shown as a transport tycoon.

But the Heros must be young and dynamic!

14. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Considering their age, i think we're more likely to get a broken marriage, post-mid life crisis Han and Leia:

*Han and Leia are laying on opposite ends of the bed, several feet of space in between them.*

HAN: Goodnight. I love you.

LEIA: ............

Sum-Wan and BW2 like this.
  15. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    I think it'll be more than a cameo, but the heroes are definitely going to be 'young and dynamic' as you put it.

BW2 likes this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So... was Alec Guinness too old to be in ANH? What about Peter Cushing or Sebastian Shaw? Were Ian McDiarmid or Oliver Ford Davies or Terrence Stamp or Brian Blessed or Anthony Daniels or Christopher Lee (oh boy he was 80!) too old for the PT? Grow up, man! :rolleyes:

DarthRelaxus, DarthBreezy and J_Girl like this.
  17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Just because of post like this, I'm going to root for the idea that Han, Luke and Leia, completely wipe the walls with the 'younger' generation - like the next gen get into some serious trouble, and it's up to our OLD heroes to kick arse and take names and show them how to 'git 'er done'...

18. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Alec Guiness role was the "wise old man", not the main hero.

19. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Maybe Episode 7 will be about Midlife crisis? [face_laugh]

Carrie Fischer and Harrison Ford look so odd together now. Ford looks young and dynamic for a old man. Fisher looks like a old groupie of him. Not like his co actor/star.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He's much much more than a background character though and that's pretty much what you said you wanted from the big 3. I have a feeling you're going to be quite disappointed with the ST.

21. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    After hearing that Abrams the lensflare fanatic will be the director, i already lost all my Hope. Guiness himself claimed that he hated his role in the OT. I think Hamil and Fischer will also hate their old roles, when the pressure rises upon them.

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Leia: I love lens flare!

Han: I knoAAAAAAA MY EYES

VMeran likes this.
  23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm not against the use of old lines, in fact I usually love it. If they do the "I love you, I know" lines in a death scene it will murder me, but a good use I think.
    Of course I do hope there are some great new lines for us to love as well.

In response to your general posting in this thread: One of these days you'll be one of these "Old people" and you may feel differently and I think the picture you posted of the older couple is sweet. 60-ish is not old, my grandmother who just died at the age of 98 was old. My parents who are 60 and 62 are not old in the slightest and are still very much in love and I love to see that.
    I hope Han, Leia and Luke play a pivotal role in helping a new generation and that Han and Leia are still very much in love with their snarky-ness still intact.

themetresgained likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah love is ageless and timeless, and it is a sacred feeling that can be experienced among even the oldest couples.

Wow that was deep and meaningful sounding.

Hee hee poop.

mavjade likes this.
  25. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    You People make it seem that i am against old people in general. Thats not true. Sure i also will be old some day, but i dont have ambitions to act on the big screen as an amateur.

Fisher and Hamil, the only reference they have is their old roles some 30 years ago. I cant see how they are suitable to be in this multimillion dollar production without having even one major role since than. Hamil only did voice acting for Joker and played in weird B movies. Fisher i cant even remember what she did cinematicaly since than. i guess a big nothing.

Giving them both a major role would be a slap in the face of all that young and talented actors which need a chance today.