main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm here, I just haven't had the time in the past couple days to sit down long enough to type out the answer.

What with the killswitch in my brain going off and all.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You must have been something else as a child. ;)

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    First off, sorry for the extreme delay. I know this interview has been bringing joy to you all.

CT-867-5309

I've always been a kind of funny guy. I get laughs from fellow classmates for being particularly outspoken with teachers or just pissing around. I don't want to say class clown because it's a bit demeaning but that was essentially it. And they loved me for it. I think. I was never the type of guy who was the life of the party, had a lot of friends. Two or three good friends was all I needed. I was pretty independent growing up, preferring to get absorbed into the realms of my imagination via Lego or drawing. The other kids also used to comment on my doodling skills, but I don't see it as anything special. I never pursued it, so they're just doodles in my eyes. Stuff to do instead of working in class.

Early on I used to think I was really smart too, going to a normal primary school I always performed really well in my classes. So I got into a fancy grammar school and pretty quickly I realised there were way smarter people than me. It was a bit humbling but then I noticed that even though it was a grammar school there were still clearly some dumb nuts there. I ended up around upper middle overall. Not bad considering how little I applied myself. Once I got access to broadband and video games, academic commitment went right out the window, ha. I consider myself quite lucky as I'm the kind of student that gets by. I don't put in a lot of effort, but I'm smart enough to get decent marks anyway. I see loads of people stressing out over exam revision, essay deadlines and such, and here I am on forums all day and still pulling okay marks. Not amazing marks, but good enough ones that I can walk away happy and without having to do a resit.

As I grew up and me and my friends started going our separate ways I started doing my own thing more and more. It got to the point that by the time I left secondary school I didn't really have anyone that I'd call a 'friend', but I got on with pretty much everyone. I still preferred to spend my time in the IT lounge than in the common room though. I'm a lot less chatty in the real world as I am online. Social interactions just don't really interest me, I'd rather do something by myself. I can't remember if it was always like this, but my pre-pub childhood was dominated by family hikes and stuff like that, not necessarily going round to friends' houses. Because in secondary school they were all in different towns, I rarely bothered to meet up with anyone, preferring to just stay home and laze around the house.

I realise that makes me sound autistic or something. I'm not socially inept or anything, it's just not my cup of tea. Thankfully in uni I found another guy just like that, who's now my best friend.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Except that I can't draw, we're a lot alike. Thanks for sharing, that's pretty cool.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Ha! We're like clones! We should compare penes over PM, do you have the other half of the tattoo I was born with? I was told that, when combined, the tattoos form a symbol that unlocks mystical powers that will be needed to save the Earth from destruction. I've been searching for the other half of my penis tattoo for my entire life.

I was voted class clown several times and always had a smart remark for the teachers much to their frustration. I was considered a math whiz throughout elementary school, winning countless competitions (lol I was a mathlete, my teachers called me a human calculator) and I was undefeated in spelling bees. I only won twice, because the other two years I got suspended in the middle of the spelling bee.

The last time I put any effort into school was 1st grade, no kidding. I've never studied for anything in my life. I often skipped major projects just because I didn't feel like doing that much work. I learned that if I got enough As on tests that they would make up for everything else. I was ridiculously confident in my ability to get by and never worried about school. I literally stopped doing homework entirely starting in 9th grade. If I didn't finish it at school, it didn't get finished. I was so ******* lazy. Really, I never felt any motivation to do well in school, I never had any ambition, it never meant anything to me. I didn't see academic achievement as rewarding. A letter on a piece of paper meant nothing to me. School meant nothing to me. I was in trouble constantly, getting countless detentions and suspensions, some of them long term. My behavior file was impressively thick, just like my Johnson. But 90% of them were for mouthing off, I rarely did anything serious (I can think of only one exception).

What a fool I was (and still am). It only made my early adult life miserable. I wish I could go back to the beginning and do it over again. I wish I could have held onto the passion I once had, even just for the sake of that passion and not academic achievement.

I'm the worst artist I know. I can't draw anything. I struggled just to get by in art classes and stopped taking them as soon as possible. I'm not good with my hands, I never have been. I was terrible in shop class and started taking home economics (you know, the one for girls) instead.

Honestly, not counting my brother, I'd say I've only had two true friends in my entire life. I had a ton of "pals", but those were always acquaintances of convenience. The pattern was very easy to notice, I had a new group of pals every semester, every time classes changed. New classes, new "friends", goodbye forever to old acquaintances, unless we end up in the same class somewhere down the line. I had pals on sports teams, but never saw them outside of that activity. I've realized that I never put any effort into actually maintaining a friendship. I never bothered to initiate communication with anyone. You have no idea how many times I've had people come up to me and say "We never talk anymore!" My attitude has always been "you know where to find me/how to get a hold of me". I guess that's why I've never had a long term girlfriend, they don't like it when you just stop talking to them completely.

I can relate to not pursuing social interaction. I was known for disappearing every summer after school, if we didn't play sports together, you didn't see me or hear from me.

I'll talk your ear off, like I'm doing right now. My response was bigger than yours, once again, just like my Johnson (that's two!).

Your response brought me great joy because it reminded me so much of myself.

But back to the questions. I think this might be the last question about your incredible journey.

You said you were in university. How's that going? What's your course of study? What are your ambitions?

6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I can also say I had a similar experience, so I guess we're all clones. :p

Except my role as the "class clown" once involved me jumping out of a second floor window and breaking my spine. I guess it went better for you. I'll tell you that story one day. ;)

EDIT: C.T. ninja'd my clone joke!

7. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    LOL! Mine involved diving into a swimming pool from a great height and breaking my arm quite severely. Laughs were had by all, except me, though I did receive monetary compensation (I think it was $40 total lol).

07jonesj, it looks like I'll be doing your interview (if that's okay), so I just added that question to my list.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Penis...tattoo... [face_hypnotized]

I read past that, I promise. :p

Brian, none of that surprises me at all. I knew we had a lot in common once we got past our opinions of a certain Star Wars character who won't be named at the moment.

I never broke any bones but my stories are for another time as well.

I will say that my oldest inherited my clown tendencies and has gotten in trouble for it; I've had to tell him multiple times that "that's hilarious but don't do it at school." I know it will serve him well later on though.

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yep, that's fine, I've thoroughly enjoyed the way you've conducted Fanboy's interview.

I only hope I can live up to his answers, as this really has been an interesting, and entertaining read. So don't stop yet! Ten or twenty more pages should suffice. ;)

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You mean to tell me this thing on my Johnson, this thing which I've been led all my life to believe is some hideous birth mark, and has put me off seeking any kind of serious relationship, is a source of unimaginable levels of power?

GOD DAMMIT AAAAAAAA-

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    So we now know that Fanboy and C.T. can form the Double Dragon. But it's not where the game, or the movie said it was, and to see the Double Dragon cause the film to be rated 18. :p

12. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    lol, we're probably not even halfway through Tomboy's interview.

lol 07jonesj, that's right, it's like this:
    [​IMG]
    Just with dongs.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Holy ****. You all know I'm giggling like a 12-year-old right now.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Or like Jaybles and Kage in Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny.

15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    We all avoid social interaction, yay for us!

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    See, this is why forums are so awesome.

Yep. Doing Single Honours History at Cardiff University. It's going alright. It's only six hours a week out of bed so I can't complain, and the modules I'm doing are interesting enough to make me want to get out of bed. I'm already in my final year, which is a bit scary. It's definitely been the best time of my life, and yet it's nearly over in a few months. I'm not looking forward to going into the world of work, so I'm thinking of doing stuff like a one year law conversion course in Cardiff so I can enjoy it some more. Maybe. I've been doing my best to dodge the "what are your plans after uni" question for over a year now. Simple answer is I don't know, it requires some serious thinking and I haven't gotten round to it yet, especially with more immediate concerns like my dissertation. I've been really wrapped up in my subject choice for it: Franco-Mongol relations in the thirteenth century. To give you a bit of context, it's the last century of the crusades, and the Mongols are expanding their empire west towards Eastern Europe and the Holy Land. They come knocking on the doors of Hungary and Poland in the 1240s, then fall back to Asia. They make a second push west in the 1250s, and then the empire splits into four separate sub-empires. The Ilkhanate is one such sub-empire, covering Persia and Iran. They come into conflict with both the Muslims and the Christians in the Holy Land, but from 1262 onwards they turn face make offers to the Latin world for an alliance against Islam. So I'm going to be examining how far they came to realising this alliance. It's a fascinating period of history and I'm looking forward to collating my thoughts on it.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    *sigh* I miss college. I love my job, but still...the college life is not something you can get back.

Do that law conversion course. You won't regret it, even if you don't ever end up using it. [/unsolicited advice]

I've always found history to be an interesting subject, especially how it relates to how humans behave now--the more we change, the more we stay the same.

As someone who grew up prior to the Internet being in households, I really like coming to forums and being able to meet people with common interests and from all over the country and the world--it's broadened my horizons a lot. Plus I've met people in person after chatting with them on TF.N for awhile and the whole awkward "I'm just meeting you" phase is skipped over entirely, we've picked up conversations where they left off on the boards. I'm not the most outgoing person in the world and forums have helped me a lot.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Claire: You know why guys like you knock everything?
    John: Oh, this should be stunning.
    Claire: It's because you're afraid.
    John: Oh God, you richies are so smart, that's exactly why I'm not heavy into activities.
    Claire: You're a big coward.
    Brian: I'm in the LACWAC club.
    Claire: See, you're afraid that they won't take you, you don't belong, so you have to just dump all over it.
    John: Well, it wouldn't have anything to do with you activities people being ********, now would it?
    Claire: Well, you wouldn't know, you don't even know any of us.
    John Bender: Well, I don't know any lepers, but I'm not going to run out and join one of their ******* clubs.
    Andrew: Hey. Let's watch the mouth, huh?
    Brian: I'm in the Lit club too.
    John: Excuse me a sec. What are you babbling about?
    Brian: Well, what I had said was I'm in the LACWAC club, uh, the JCC, and the Literature club... Lit club.
    John: Hey, Cherry. Do you belong to the Lit club?
    Claire: That's an academic club.
    John: So?
    Claire: So academic clubs aren't the same as other kinds of clubs.
    John: Ah... but to dorks like him, they are. What do you guys do in your club?
    Brian: Well, in Lit we... we talk about literature, properties of literature.
    John: So it's sorta social, demented and sad, but social. Right?

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I love the Crusades! The political landscape of that time was just so tumultuous, power constantly shifting. I never took history as a subject, however, as I disliked the lesson environment of it, and the teaching was so dull. History is so much fun to explore and unravel, yet the education system insisted on making it yawn-inducing.

As a result, I never followed history up into higher education, which is unfortunate as I'm aware the teaching style differs greatly.

You do realise that your next question from C.T. is going to be, "What are your plans after Uni?" though, don't you? :p

The most interesting people tend to be indecisive as to what their future entails anyway.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Don't you forget about me
    I'll be alone, dancing you know it baby..."

21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I considered that part of my last question. But,
    [​IMG]
    since this is my first interview, and Fanboy has gone all out to answer some rather personal questions, I'm gonna cut him a break. Today.

Perhaps it's something that can be asked years from now, if we ever do this again.

Fanboy has taken the students of THE LACWAC STUDIO through his touching, emotional journey from birth, through his youth, his education, his JCF origins and his time in LACWAC.

Before we can fully come back to the present, I'd like to go back to the recent past.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy has been on his best behavior the last few months, and in doing so has brought great joy to LACWAC. But this was not always so. He was once known for his outrageously offensive antics. He has probably been banned more than any member of THE LACWAC STUDIO. He has been labeled a troll by many of our students.

I've debated asking this question, but difficult questions must be asked...

Fanboy, could you tell us about your attitude and behavior here? Do you consider yourself a LACWAC troll? I'd like to hear your perspective.

22. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Ehehe.

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Ehehe indeed.

I don't have a lot of hobbies so the internet is my main source of recreation. Some people come to forums to be super srs and discuss Star Wars or what have you, I come here to have fun. I'm not a troll, I don't see myself as a troll, I'm just having a good time. That's pretty much it. I'm a free spirit and I enjoy messing around. I try not to go out of my way to get banned but at the same time it's fun living on the edge, seeing just how far you can push it without falling off that tightrope.

I do stuff because I don't care, within the limits of the TOS of course. It's just a source of amusement to me. And if I'm having fun then chances are the rest of you will be too. I've made comments before about how I revel in the chaos on the forums. Yeah, I enjoy it when everyone's ranting and raging, or crying or whatever. It's way more fun when everyone feels like they need to speak their minds about something. Everyone's high on emotions, and I'm just laughing as I mess with them and continue to not give a ****. I don't mean anything by it, it's just my way.

I could be serious if I wanted to and type out proper responses. I just don't feel like it most of the time. But I really do appreciate those of you who do take the time to write out well-thought-out answers to questions and get into proper debates with well-articulated points. Anyone who puts in the effort is good in my books.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm with you. It's an Internet message board based on a fun film franchise. I've got enough srs bsns in other areas of my life. I come in here to enjoy myself.

Your posts always make me laugh.

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I absolutely come here for the super srs SW discussion, but I like to mess around while I do it. I, too, enjoy it when people are fanatical, it's a sign of passion and it can be hilarious.

I've been told many times that people never know when I'm being serious and I think I prefer it that way, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think the last question serves as a change of pace.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, you are the last true Savage fanboy. Tell us your story, start from the beginning if you will.

Since you are the true prophet of Savage, I must ask, did TCW tell the true fate of Savage? Some of us have heard that the story told by TCW was a lie, is this so? We all yearn for the truth, please reveal it to us.