main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The New User Social VI: Return of The Chaos!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Gangrenous, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003

:p

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Congrats Master Gunny! [face_party] [:D]

The Force in RL. Benign/non-combat Force use? You mean I can't want to Force choke someone or use Force lightning on them? Well that sucks. [face_not_talking] :p

What about mind trick? I have used that one before and actually got it to work. I could tell the story of that if that's acceptable. hear+soul

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd like to be able to calm my mind the way a Jedi does. I always over react and panic towards situations that are not worth getting worried about.

Mission Complete

hear+soul and BultarSwan like this.
  4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Sometimes it would be nice to foresee the future partly. Like in you are having a hard time, but you know that it'll go this or that way without knowing the details. Would help to take it more easy. That would be nice.

Mission INcomplete

Dece, I would go out and thank people. In fact, I do that regularly. But for me it doesn't make any sense to do it just to fulfill a mission. It's nothing that I'd like to do lighthearted. So, I won't do this mission this time.

hear+soul likes this.
  5. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Unfortunately, as yoda intimates, the future is always in motion. So you may know a bit more but it's imprecise. But I'd like that too. See if I ever get out of my crap job. :p

6. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    I forgot we were in the EUC for a second. :p
    Why mission incomplete? or do you just mean for the second part?

Well, hopefully, with any of these missions, you're not doing it just because it's a mission. This provides a reason and an idea, but I didn't thank a bunch of people to get points here. Actually, I did it somewhat apart from the mission, and it happened to coincide (but, actually, the mission probably planted the seed of that action, or helped it along, anyway). Also, it helped me to process what I had done, to think about what it was all about, as opposed to simply doing it.

It's all about how you do it. Once again, this provides a motivation for a variety of things, but it's not my main motivation, most times.

The hug mission, for instance.. or the flower one... this may have provided a spark for for an action, but when you choose a person to do this stuff with and then engage in it.... for me, the CJ stuff kind of fades away. Then, it fades back, when I come here and write about it. :p I mean, you hug someone because you love them, or because you want to love them. Sometimes actions go before the feelings, sometimes it's the other way around. And even if you hugged someone just because this place said so, I think it's a hard thing to do without experiencing anything, besides "mission complete!" :p And even if that were the case, you made someone feel better probably!! :D So, it's all gravy no matter how you slice it, imo.

But everyone's different, and I understand what you're saying. :)

7. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    You didn't answer my question. :(

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    For me it's that I do some things for the fun it, some for challenge myself, some for the experience of doing something differently, some things for the reason behind it, some things because I got remembered, some for whatever reason, but all the time I keep my heard involved and do what I think is good.* And with being in hurry and so just thanking 'someone' to have thanked someone for getting a mission point, it's simply wrong in my opinion.

I'm glad that you understand my view. I just wanted to let you know why I don't participate this time, even after getting tag. :)

*doesn't work out always, but there's a try - although Yoda says different. :p

Oh, and the mission is incomplete for me because I copied Runner in some way. Her aim was to stay calm. With knowing an always moving future, one can stay more calm. I wanted to reply to her post, to continue her thought. But since this could be taken as a completed mission I added the incomplete part.

hear+soul likes this.
  9. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Sorry! Go for it! :cool:

Skiara well, it seemed to me to be a different power, even if it was a similar motivation.

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    If I had a benign Force power, it would be Force Speed. As a college student, I'm constantly having to run around campus with little time to do it in. Having Force Speed would let me get to my destination faster . . . although I might run over a few people in the process.

Mission Complete!

Runjedirun and BultarSwan like this.
  11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Then it's up to you, if it counts or not. :)

I hope to participate more regularly in about two weeks. I'm having a nice time, but if it gets calmer again, I won't mind at all. ;)

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    And force speed at writing those epic papers of yours would free up more of your time too ;)

BultarSwan likes this.
  13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    No, that's more like Force Drain of my mental energies. :p

hear+soul likes this.
  14. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I'll choose the Jedi mind trick I actually got it to work with someone over the phone. This was several years ago when I was working at a pizza restaurant and it was my turn to be the manager on the evening shift that day. I had a customer call up complaining about something and I tried to fix the problem(don't recall what the issue was) and nothing that I did made him happy. He wanted to know when the next time my boss was going to be in and what my name was. I told him that my boss would be in again in the morning and gave him my first name. He asked "What's your last name?" and I replied "You don't need my last name." He then said "I don't need your last name" and hung up shortly afterwards.

I'm not making this up, it actually happened and freaked me out.

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's pretty cool! :D

16. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Oh, I forgot to say Mission Complete!!!!!!

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Force Lightning to jump start the. . . car. . .yeah the car. . .:p

MISSION Complete

Runjedirun likes this.
  18. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    My apologies for being a day late....

Great response this last week! That was a lot of fun! Thanks Mitth!! :D

Mission 15 completed by:
    s65horsey MySelf BultarSwan Runjedirun Skiara Jedi Gunny Darth Gangrenous Mitth_Fisto

Staying with the SW theme, this next one is from Gunny:
    Mission XVI: "Pick 2 SW characters of your choice. Imagine that you could hang out with them for one full day.

Create a plan of how you would spend this day with the two characters you have selected (one plan for each character). All plans must have at least five unique entries, and must be related to the character and their personality (don't shoot the breeze with Vader about the Light Side of the Force, or give Yoda "proper" language lessons, etc.) These missions can be submitted as a simple bullet-pointed list, or can be more in-depth (can include exact time of each activity in the day).

19. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Does this day have to be PG?

Runjedirun likes this.
  20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    This one was fun!

Day One: A day with Jaina Solo

First we would have a super healthy breakfast and I would actually like it. Then she would teach me some light saber skills and we would have an awesome workout session. Then after lunch she could join me on a ten mile run (at least) and we could just talk “girl talk”. Later that afternoon I would have her teach me some Jedi techniques that would leave me feeling with the equivalent to a Yoga session mixed with a good sports massage in my universe. In the evening we would watch a good holo (or movie) together.

Day Two: A day with Hobbie Klivian

Most importantly Hobbie would take me up in the air and show me some fancy flying as a passenger. Then he could tell me about some unknown adventures he’s had. Later Hobbie would give me flying lessons, after that of course he’d allow me to get in the pilot’s seat and take him up. If we survived my piloting we’d go out for dinner and celebrate his success in teaching.

Mission Complete

hear+soul likes this.
  21. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    that would probably be best. :p

22. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Guess I'm popping back in for a good time, I would use plant surge. As you could grow things a lot faster then and end word hungry. Also since has to do with plants could also grow them not only for food as stated before but also to heal natural ways. As everything good or bad can be found it some kind of plant. Amazing really isn't it?

On that note I'm sort of back, as it is still have some advance training for the next two weeks but I past my state nursing. I had the highest in my class, which I really had to study for. oh mom doing better still in a lot of pain, the doctor she might not recover for another year, when they got in there there was more damage then the first thought as more nerves was pinched off hadn't been getting the blood flow.

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Mission suggestion: Organizing a big* party!

Mission progress: Mission in work! People are about to arrive soon. Looking forward! :D

Will report again when party is over (and I got a bit sleep, plus tidied up again). :)

*big = bigger then usual

(The part about "suggestion" is not mean that earnest meant, of course. ;) )

hear+soul likes this.
  24. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Whelp, moving this week and slight delays on the where to be or work on the other end, so I will be inactive for the next few weeks. I'll miss you lot and Type with y'all later. Or is that ya'll? Gotta work on my drawl a little I guess :p

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

Like this. :p

Anyways, later, Mitth. [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.