main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Where's the Dathomirian birth certificate?

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

You'll need software to run Blu-ray anyways whether its internal or external. The codec isn't included in Windows or any codec pack I know of. That said I have an external one I got for $50 on Amazon. A cheap external HDD may be a better and simpler option but then you gotta get the episodes.

3. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
  4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Ah ok. It's probably better if I just bought them from itunes again :p

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Just a pause since you have to potentially buy the episodes again through something like iTunes to put them on an external harddrive.

6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Hmm true. I've just downloaded itunes to my laptop (I usually keep my itunes separate on an older laptop) but if I did want to buy the episodes then I'd rather play them on my newer laptop. I keep reading stuff about iCloud and you need to use that to download it to view any shows on the computer? I'm just getting very confused lol!

7. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    I just realized that the love interests of all three protagonists are all involved with politics. Weird.[face_dunno]

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Jedi love politicians. Even if they don't trust them.

9. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    Well, that technically doesn't break the "no attachment" rule.;)

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  10. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    I'm just watching this show for the first time. I'm on season 4 and i love it. I can't believe what i've been missing. I watched the movie and the first two episodes when it came out and i didn't like it and thought the microseries was much better but after a few episodes it really improves. This might just be my favorite cartoon of all time. I have a few nitpicks here and there but this is Star Wars.

I can't believe how good the animation is for a Saturday morning cartoon and the stories are so deep and mature not to mention introducing so many great new characters to the Star Wars galaxy. I love Cad Bane (like everyone else), Ahsoka is a great character after being unsure about her in the beginning and finally a clone i care about in Captain Rex. It's also great to see so many minor characters from the movies given spotlight such as Aayla Secura, Barriss Offee and Aurra Sing.

I'm really looking forward to getting to the Darth Maul episodes now!

11. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Welcome to the TCW love! :D

12. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Welcome to the club! The series has it's weak points but over all it's a good series. If you been enjoying it so far I think you're in for a heck of a ride in Season 5.

13. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    You know what I never really got over in this series? How they had episodes that were basically Aliens/Godzilla homages. It just bothered me so much because this is Star Wars...you're supposed to be the ones getting referenced.
    While I'm happy for you that you genuinely like the series, I'd still like to meet someone willing to talk about grievances(no puns!) they had the first time through.

14. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Welcome to the Dark Side brother!

Oh, and watch your step, things can get a little rough... I jest... what I mean is, some of the posters around here have rather... strong opinions about certain characters and certain story lines in TCW. And some of these opinions are contrary to eachother. But you'll find out who they are soon enough. :wink: It's all fun.

Olarom! :D

15. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Darth Valkyrus

Hey, that's my line! [face_not_talking]

Fixed. *Goes pyro on the thread*

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Pyro, you say?

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Don't make me get the hose kids! TCW has come to rank among my favorite western cartoons. I think Rex is one of the neatest characters I've seen come along in a while.I was also a late comer and when I finally got going I just couldn't put it down. Season 4 is particularly amazing with the Umbara, Slaves of the Republic, and Rako Hardeen arcs. Its always great to have new voices err fingers chiming in for discussion BOBA-FETT-82. Enjoy the ride.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I started watching halfway through S3 and I felt exactly the same way. :D

In the same sense Star Wars originally was basically a bunch of references/homages.

19. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Since this doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet, and I'm sure there'll be at least someone here interested for its TCW content if nothing else...

Lately, StarWars.com has been doing several pieces on their official blogs about a variety of subjects throughout the Star Wars universe. Of note to the TV board, The Clone Wars' own original character Bulduga is featured first up in Part One of Ed Erdelac's piece, So Uncivilized: Great Gunslingers in Star Wars, and is later joined by the series' repeat guest star, Boba Fett. In the just-released Part Two of the Great Gunslingers, TCW's premiere bounty hunter Cad Bane boasts a segment on his own storied life, with additional attention given to movie favorites Han Solo and Jango Fett.

20. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [face_sigh] Double post...

21. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    Thanks for the welcomes and likes :)

Well since i love this show i didn't want to go down on it and list all the things i didn't like because the good has far outweighed the bad but since you asked:

My first complaint from back in 2008 was the designs of some of the characters. In particular the humans and Yoda. They look too much like caricatures. It's a shame because otherwise the animation is amazing and so realistic it could almost pass for a Pixar movie in places. Once you get used to it after a few episodes it doesn't feel so bad. The season 3 update to the character models is a big improvement though.

My second complaint i had from when i originally watched it was the voice of the narrator before each episode. It just felt too much like a children's show when everything else about it was mature. Like with the animation you get used to it.

Other minor problems for me included seeing races speaking basic when they weren't supposed to such as the Rodians, Hutts and Trandoshans. The fact that a lot of it has now superseded the 2003 Clone Wars series in canon.

As far as stories go, this show has had some great writing and i can't believe how deep and compelling some of the subjects it touches on are for a Saturday morning cartoon. As with any show though, there are the occasional weak episodes. "Mercy Mission" and "Cat and Mouse" are two episodes i didn't particularly enjoy.

It's a bit confusing sometimes when some episodes are prequels or sequels to episodes that happened 2 seasons ago. I think it's a nice touch for the series but explaining it in the beginning of those episodes rather than me realizing 3/4 of the way through that this was a prequel would have been better.

The only part of this show i truly hate though would be Ziro the Hutt. The whole character, that voice and the "relationship" with Sy Snootles and Mamma the Hutt embarrassed menot to mention they ruined an otherwise great Cad Bane episode.

Finally i just wish that Lucas would have made a better movie to start the series as i'm sure i'm not the only fan who paid to see it, didn't like it and missed out on an otherwise great show. It got bad reviews and it's such a shame because the show gets so much better as it progresses once they decided to make a movie to "sell it" they should have gone back and made a new start. It could have helped this show have been huge.

In any case, despite the above i do love the Clone Wars and would give it a 10/10. It's even better than the Phantom Menace! I forgot to mention one thing i've really enjoyed are Jar Jar and the Battle Droids. Characters i absolutely hated from the prequels and dreaded seeing being bought to life with personality and amusement.

22. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    In the same sense Star Wars originally was basically a bunch of references/homages.[/quote]

A bunch of references and homages that no one over 40 would get. SO I don't think that counts. Plus, building a franchise off of a few ancient shows and movies is nowhere near the same as ripping off the plot of 2 other movies.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Wait, what? No one over 40 would get the references in a 36-year-old movie?

24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The narrator I thought was based off the narrators that WWII newsreels actually did have. Nothing kiddie about it.

V-2 likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    A bunch of references and homages that no one over 40 would get. SO I don't think that counts. Plus, building a franchise off of a few ancient shows and movies is nowhere near the same as ripping off the plot of 2 other movies.[/quote]

I find the Zillobeast episodes to be a highlight of season 2. Its got some interesting moral questions in it and was one of the early episodes that tackled Jedi during the war having to compromise. It was also cool to see Palpatine acting all shady. That ending. If only something had ever come up again on cloning more Zillos.