main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    While I'm generally against the idea of an all-inclusive canon, if there's ever been a more persuasive argument for one I have yet to find it.

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    So now we know what the sequel to "The Jedi Path", "Book of the Sith", and that Bounty Hunter book will be.

EDIT: In other news, CKII+ Ultra won't let me form the Carthaginian Empire on my current game, despite having more than all the requirements. It requires holding Tunis, having a realm size of 150, and three kingdom titles, plus the normal money and piety jazz. I hold the Kingdoms of Sicily, Africa, and Egypt, have a realm size of 179, and more than enough money and prestige to form it. Screw the Norman Empire, I want Qart Hadasht :(

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    So, GrandAdmiralJello, what did you name your Charmander? I named mine St. Elmo.

jSarek likes this.
  4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The two-volume Book of Imperial Justice, a collection of the critical legal texts of the Empire, commonly has its volumes distinguished by their contrasting cover colors. The first volume, bound in charcoal-gray leather and known as the Dark Book of Imperial Justice, contains the Imperial Constitution and other foundational texts. The second volume, bound in cream-colored leather and known as the Light Book of Imperial Justice, contains the Imperial legal code.

RETCONNED.

Ulicus , Point Given , Gamiel and 7 others like this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Havac , you are officially and formally forgiven for canon conan.

nothing. I don't ever use names. But anyway that's completely irrelevant because...because... BECAUSE I HAVE A DRATINI. the GTS is amazing, I spent an hour trying to find an Ekans someone wanted, only to see it was gone. So I kept refreshing the GTS, and people wanted absurd things like Milotic or Zapdos or Snivy but then I found someone who wanted a Dratini for a Sylveon and I immediately got rid of the Sylveon I have on my main team. I'd have sacrificed anyone for a Dratini, even my Charizard.

6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm currently just grinding and catching, catching and grinding, and EXP Share is the greatest thing ever. The rest of my team caught up with Flamin' Yawn.

7. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I suppose that works, but if so it seems that the Empire favors the Dark half, hence the common Dark Greetings and the holy Dark Blessings. Don't see much light going around.

GrandAdmiralJello Something tells me I should be afraid to ask, but... canon conan?

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Admiral Motti.

I don't grind. Grinding is for lesser beings. I only stoop to fighting actual trainers, and I don't use silly crutches like exp share, so with a team of six I tend to be 6-7 levels behind the NPCs, especially since I keep retiring well trained Pokémon from my rotation and have to train replacements. Now that I've traded away my Sylveon for a lvl 1 Dratini (and consequently have two slow-leveling dragons), I'll probably be even further behind.

Nothing's worth earning unless you have to struggle for it.

9. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    That's Trioculus the Lion's empire, look at the people ruling it. They wouldn't care about the legal code part*. For them the Dark half with its inspirational Constitution is all that the Empire needs.

*For it was so long and heavy, law students often mocked the "Light" part of its title.

"See, because Lucas is the supreme creator of the Star Wars universe, when he says something it becomes real. Oh yeah. I think you hear what I'm saying, party people: There is now officially a Star Wars character named after Conan!! HOW AWECELLET IS THAT?! The Star Wars wiki Wookieepedia has already incorporated the change into the Star Wars Mythology! Man! This week couldn't get any better!"―Conan O'Brien's NBC blog[src]

instantdeath likes this.
  10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So at work today a co-worker (show only) told me Danaerys should sit the Iron Throne of Westeros, in the end.

I chuckled at her naivety and went along with my day.

RC-1991 likes this.
  11. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007

Assassin's Creed IV story trailer. Spoilers, of course.

Gorefiend likes this.
  12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

First DLC also already gets a Trailer, apprently backstory for one of Kenway's crew.

13. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    In other news, we'll no longer have to choose between it and Watch_Dogs, because the latter has been pushed back to spring 2014.

14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    There was people who would not go with AC 4? [face_dunno]

15. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Anyone who played AC3?

16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Pff.... it killed Desmond so gets tons of bonus points in my book, plus I at least had lots of fun :)

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I wasn't planning on getting AC4 at launch anyway. After AC3, I've decided it's better to wait for sales. Watch Dogs looked slightly more interesting, but I'm glad for the delay there too.

18. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I have a HUGE backlog of video games, which includes every AC installment. I probably won't get to IV for about a decade (pending my 360 not RRODing on me by then).

instantdeath likes this.
  20. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Hah, I quoted it and apparently the people at Paradox like to troll spies. I wouldn't say no for the last two, though.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I saw that too. Underworld Invasion has the same ID number as Songs of Abraham. Guess they've finally caught on to our little trick :p

22. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    That's... a game changer for me. That was actually the game that made me want to buy one of the next gen consoles ASAP. There are many others that look interesting, but that I can wait for. Pretty much the exact same situation as Todd the Jedi: way too many games to play, not nearly enough time (especially because most of my free time is taken up by other hobbies).

Honestly, after Watch Dogs the most interesting next-gen launch title, to me, is Ryse: Son of Rome, though I was planning on getting a PS4 this year and waiting to get a One sometime next year. Then again, I guess I can take this as an excuse to finally catch up with the Assassin's Creed series (I've actually only played the first game).

23. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Will they still release it for the 360? If not I need to get my money back on my pre-order card.

24. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    They will, just not until spring 2014.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, I just spent all night playing Pokemon.

So, what's going on in this thread? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.