main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    But accurate. I can alter it if you want.

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    No no leave it.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah that was neat. I love how it further shows Palpatine toying with the Brother Brothers.

Also replace "rarely" with never. ;)

Strange considering how much time I spent on the TV forum between 2008-2012.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Interesting developments from the TV forum!

All I gotta say is:

Retribution after 10 years, right? RIGHT?

5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Interesting.

Sounds like we're getting the Clovis/Banking Clan episodes that were cut from S5. We'd suspected that much, but it's good to see it essentially confirmed.

Also, nice to hear that we could be getting a bit of closure on Talzin. Her story felt incomplete, since we were never privy to her motivations for taking down Dooku and building up the Super Maul Bros.

However, the continuity sounds terrible. Yoda has never been to Dagobah before RotS! Isn't that what you told us, Leland? o_O o_O o_O

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Leland has been known to make mistakes. From time to time.

7. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    This is the lightsaber colors all over again.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

LightsaberAccident likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin finally getting to beat the crap out of Clovis: yes. I've been looking forward to this since the beginning of season 5.

Padme getting arrested--again? Didn't the Geonosians try that one already?

Sidious talking to Lama Su sounds awesome.

Mother Talzin: could be good, depends on the context.

Another Dooku vs Anakin/Obi-Wan fight: :rolleyes:

That Yoda arc sounds absolutely ****ing awful. Seriously, they had to ruin a moment with Yoda getting Anakin to help him escape and turn it into a scenario in which Yoda was at Woodstock in 1969 and breathed in way too many of the fumes.

[face_beatup]

10. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Well, it's no secret that I'm not the biggest TCW fan so I don't expect much from the remaining episodes, but
    another Anakin/Obi-Wan vs Dooku fight? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!? It's like the people who worked on the story didn't give a **** about quality and consistency. I never thought TCW team would say "let's make another Anakin vs. Dooku fight" again.
    Just in case, I'll keep an open mind and hope for something decent out of all this. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    "Sidious was contacting Lama Su via hologram and saying: "They can never learn the truth about Order 66" - well, I'm not sure it is exactly what he said, but it was something like that."

Does it have to be a freakin' secret command protocol BS? Can't it be that the clones are just obedient to the core? Ugh.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That preview with Tup or whoever going Order 66 early, to the genuine surprise of the other clones, was sort of depressing. Depressing in that it's just too easy -- the Manchurian Candidate scenario has been done in sci fi before, so there's nothing new or creative there.

The only upside would be if they took the opportunity to show the aftermath, with the Clones feeling betrayed and nothing better than droids. You might get a cool story out of that, although TCW probably doesn't have the time to do it and Rebels is based over a decade after, so likely it's going to be a missed opportunity in the end. Meh.

13. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    But Rex and Cody are still heroes, kids!!!!!2132!!!1!!
    They weren't complicit at all, yay! Let's celebrate!

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Wait a damn minute...Cody? The one who shot Obi-Wan with a cannon?

WTF, TCW.

I'd like to see an aftermath with the clones as well but I had actually hoped Rex would be part of Order 66.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Kaminoan complicity in Order 66 is totally unnecessary, stomps all over C-canon, and doesn't exactly fit with the idea of a culture that presumably takes pride in the reliability of the product it's selling.

Yeah, way to completely miss the point of AOTC, TCW.

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Btw, you guys aren't going to bother with a Rebels version of this thread, are you?

17. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    If it needs one, we will more likely just rename the Rebels thread ;)

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I hadn't thought of it that way but you're right. If they are genetically programmed to obey any order, it shouldn't matter what that order is. And in ROTS they didn't seem to care. Cody's only reaction was "Would it be too much to ask for the order to come through before I gave him back his bloody lightsaber?" That's pretty damn cold, which is kind of the point.

I was more interested in seeing Sidious discussing the programming with Lama Su but I suppose it depends on how it's handled.

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It has to be more than just obeying orders, though. Or else the Jedi (or the Separatists... or anyone) could have just ordered them to do whatever they want.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The orders have to come through the Republic chain of command.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I think their programming has their taking orders from whoever they designate as their commander.

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Perhaps Palpatine just didn't want them looking too closely at Order 66 and realizing that it is suspiciously easier to implement than the other emergency orders?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Time for me to say something about the recent news/rumors about TCW...

You and me both know WHO must appear in this content given the recent news. IT HAS TO BE HIM!
    SAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNN HIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

I know you will love your Anakin action in the Clovis arc, but it is still about Clovis mainly. So I am excited as well. I am thinking Clovis will not be killed by Anakin, even if the latter will do his best in making the former into a pancake. What exactly made you think that the Yoda arc will suck or be ****?! If you are being serious then I must say that we have seen too little to know if it will suck or not. If you are being sarcastic and you love what you heard then yes... it sounds pretty epic! Especially if there are ghost Jedi involved and Korriban!

That is sooooooooooooooo lazy! 100% agreed!

Sick of Anakin vs Dooku duels. THERE ARE SO MANY OTHERS to duel with!

The Clones in the show did prove (what Lucas wanted to show as of this year) that they are not as obedient or loyal as we did think before. Thanks, Lucas!

We all know by now that the Order 66 arc will not be about the Clones. It will be about killing off all the witnesses. The best and most important part of that arc will be Trench. For me... for you it will be Anakin's POV. Most possibly Trench will pay with his life for learning about Order 66. Dooku (as was seen in one of the promos a while back) will attack somebody with the same droid Trench had by his side. Vile tactical droids... always go against the ones I love... The Lama Su stuff will be interesting since so far we figured that the Kaminoans either did not care for the whole conflict or were on the side of the Republic as seen in S3. Now we will learn that according to Lucas, they were also in on everything going to happen to the Jedi. Just like the other enemies of the Jedi were... So yeah! Order 66 - can not wait! TRENCH!

The clone issue is more complicated today than it has been ever before!

JackG, spicer and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It sounds like another Mortis, including Yoda getting some sort of supernatural signal that he has to follow NOW. I don't want to see Yoda in a cave with weird **** happening and Force ghosts. The only aspect that sounds interesting is the idea of giving the Dagobah cave a background.

I don't think Anakin will kill him either and I hope he doesn't. Running him off with his tail between his legs was plenty. The Neimoidians should get the honor of killing him.

25. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Out of curiosity, do you dislike the cave sequence in TESB?