main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    to be fair pretty much everyone apparently thought i was a guy so, I wouldn't beat myself up about it :p

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    glancing over this thread has confused me

3. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    17) George Washington, Teddy Roosevelt, John Kennedy and Ronald Regan.

18) Pay off all family debts and save the rest for times when needed (also buy an Xbox One and games).

darthscott3457 likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lazy Storm Trooper 19. What are some of your favorite foods and beverages?

20. What's the funniest thing you've ever seen/done?

5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I miss Gladiuus.

Rogue_Follower and Ulicus like this.
  6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I wish I'd been here to make that joke, first.

Rogue_Follower likes this.
  7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

bumping this in case Lazy Storm Trooper didn't see it.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, questions 19 and 20, but same difference. :p

9. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Come on Lazy, I've been anxiously waiting for over a week to find out what your favorite beverage is :(

Point Given likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    [​IMG]

Wake me up when Lazy's answered the questions.

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Uh oh. The litizens are getting restless. I fear we may have a full-blown riot on our hands if Lazy doesn't show up.

:p

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Clearly he has gone out for a pizza run. And we all know what happens when someone on this site goes out for a pizza run.

CaptainPeabody likes this.
  13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

Well, this is the JCF... [face_whistling]

JackG, DarthJenari, tjace and 4 others like this.
  14. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    i guess im not the laziest stormtrooper around anymore =D

15. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Well, the jury is still out on whether Lazy Storm Trooper will eventually come back to finish what he started ;)

16. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Anyone want a slice?

[​IMG]

Sorry for the wait. I am behind on everything it seems, plus I have had a few computer problems

19) My favorite food are really anything Mexican, Italian, "American", and German. For drinks I would say mostly water and fruit juices.

20) One time I was at a Youth Group thing and we were in a food-court at a place. The leader was away taking a phone call and he told us to come p with an idea for a gift the cleaning staff at the place (this food-court was a regular venue for us). While brainstorming I was drinking some water and some one cracked a joke. While I was trying to laugh at the joke I choke on my water and started to black out.

The thing was that I had no clue what was going on. As he last thing I saw was this one guy sitting across from me (and this guy I did not like for a few different reasons) and my last thought was "Great I am about to die and the last thing I am going to see is this guys face". Then I blacked out fully.

According to the boys in my group I was out for ten or so seconds and I literally went "What the Hell just happened" for the reason of I was lying in the middle of the food court with no memory of what just happened with ten people standing around me.

Sorry for the lack of funniness in that (When I tell it verbally it is better) first thing to come to mind.

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008

:p

And that's the end of the interview! Give a hand for Lazy Storm Trooper. =D= In a day or so we'll continue with RC-1991.

In the meantime, the floor is now open for anyone else to ask Lazy any questions.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Lazy Storm Trooper: Sheesh, glad you were ok! Although I suppose there are much worse ways to go than to die laughing. Still, scary stuff.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Alright, it's time for our next subject, RC-1991![face_party] (And if one of the many mods could change the thread title, that'd be much appreciated ;) )

1. Tell us about your username, why you chose it, what it means, etc. And what is the best way to address you?

2. What made you sign up for the Jedi Council Forums? Do you post on any other forums?

20. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    1. Well, the name came about before I joined the forums. Around 10th grade or so, I decided that "dinoboy10" wasn't really a great email name to give to colleges. I was a big Republic Commando/Traviss fan at the time, so I took my birth year and made it a Clone Commando designation. It's just kinda stuck ever since, so I went with it when I registered back in '09. RC, Arcee, or variations on that theme works fine.

2. I first found TF.N back in August of 2009 or so- pretty sure I was reading the book reviews while pretending to work on college application essays. From there I found the forums, found Havac and @Trip's "We Hav to take a Trip with Jacen Solo" thread (which was absolutely hilarious and it's absolutely criminal that post truncation savaged that thread), and I ended up registering back in '09. I don't think I ever posted in WNU- I just jumped headfirst into the snark-infested waters of Lit.

Speaking of which, I just found my first thread- looks like I proposed a retcon for the whole Mandalorians/TCW situation that was coming to a head back when I registered.

21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    RC-1991 3. Where are you from? What are some of the best parts about where you live?

4. Tell us how you become a Star Wars fan, and SW lit in particular.

22. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    3. I'm from Charleston, West Virginia, and I currently live in Morgantown due to school. The best parts of West Virginia are easily the wilderness- there's a reason it's often referred to as Wild and Wonderful. Some of my best childhood memories involve camping out at Cranberry Glades, Seneca Rocks, Dilley's Mill, and Dolly Sods. There's just this natural beauty to the state that even a century's worth of industrialization has yet to despoil. Hell, Kanawha State Forest is just 10 minutes from my house in Charleston- I'm pretty sure I've explored all of the trails there, whether through Boy Scouts or cross-country practice. During the summers I usually end up working at the Boy Scout summer camp out in Dilley's Mill. It's a great experience, and some years it's the only chance I have to go camping.

4. Well, my dad showed me the Special Editions of the OT back in 97 or so. I didn't really get into it until Episode I came out, and from then I was hooked. It's hard to place exactly when I got into the EU- I remember reading the comic adaptation of AOTC and an issue of Starfighter: Crossbones on a trip to the beach back around 2002. I soon picked up the NEGTC, read through the Jedi Apprentice series via the Kanawha County Library, and read the Jedi Academy Trilogy sometime around the summer of 2003. Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure the next book I read was Star By Star- there was a copy at my middle school's library.

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    RC-1991 5. What other franchises do you like besides SW and which are you most passionate about?

6. What places have you traveled to? Any favorite locations?

24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Done good sir!

--Adm. Nick

25. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    5. First of all, The Elder Scrolls, despite how Bethesda has streamlined the games post-Morrowind. It has a complex lore, an incredibly fleshed-out world, and one of the gods is aware on some level that he is in a video game. I'm even working on an RPG campaign set in the second era of Tamriel, though I have no idea when or if it will ever be played.

Then, there's Assassin's Creed. Great gameplay, great story, and the history nerd in me enjoys the use (and twisting) of history. I literally squealed when Suleiman the Magnificent first appeared in Revelations.

Of course, I can't go without mentioning Tolkien. I fell in love with Tolkien back in grade school, and have yet to fall out of love with Middle-Earth. So far I've enjoyed all of Peter Jackson's adaptations, although I do have gripes with AUJ.

I also got into the Marvel comics earlier this year- current favorites are Captain America and probably Spiderman.

And then there's plenty of books or shows I could talk about outside of Tolkien, but that's probably best saved for another post.

6. I've been all over the eastern United States- New York, Chicago, the Outer Banks, Washington D.C.- and I also went to New Mexico once. Specifically the town of Cimarron, home of Philmont Scout Reservation. I've also been to Canada and Britain.

Funny anedote on Canada, actually- first time I visited, it was a day trip while we were visiting family in Buffalo. When we reached the border checkpoint they asked for ID, and I handed the border guards my middle school student ID. They pulled us over, searched the car for drugs, and asked my cousin if she was there of her own volition.

Favorites? Hmm. Either Philmont or Edinburgh. One was the best camping experience of my life, the other was a pretty cool city with a sweet castle in the middle which I would totally love to live in. Honorable mention goes to Dolly Sods, a wilderness area in West Virginia right near Canaan Valley. Another fantastic camping experience. New York ties with New Mexico, incidentally, for most unnerving (at least at first). It's so damn big. I'm used to a context where the largest city has about 30k inhabitants, and here's New York with millions! It boggled my 13-year old mind. New Mexico was unnerving simply on account of how massive the open plains are. Growing up in WV, I can't even begin to describe how weird it is to see the horizon- I'm used to the horizon being obscured entirely by mountains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.