main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    In which Jaden Korr fights two other Jaden Korrs and becomes another Jaden Korr.
    So pretty much a Clone about Clones? :D

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The One That Has The Cliffhanger Ending...!

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I have really not been on the ball with this. Apologies all, busy week, don't know why I'm talking like Rorschach.

Havac wins... with three votes. I guess I'm not the only one who's guilty of neglect.

Well, while I have Havac's attention...

[​IMG]

Just let it all out.

4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    A Vader wannabe and his handsome blonde apprentice with the silver clothes plan to take over the Republic using droids, a plan that fails only because bad people, predictably, do bad things–luckily, COLE FARDREAMER is there to save the day!

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You remember that bad guy from the first part of the YJK series; good, because here we are giving him an new, longer origin story that only partly clashes with the old one; also forget to ever see him in his white or silver robes on any illustration

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    This is a story in which Han Solo is accused of bombing the Senate with his wife inside; Wedge Antilles does not respect or understand the concept of democracy; some nobody manages to put bombs EVERYWHERE IN THE GALAXY because no one checks anything ever and then uses this to demand that he be handed "control of the galaxy," perhaps in a nice gift box tied up with a small ribbon; Luke Skywalker pals around with a giant dog with anesthetic saliva and decides to just give up and die at the climax; Lando fights fire-breathing swamp dragon people for no reason at all; Leia gets upset that low-level ex-Imperials are allowed into politics and stupid galactic citizens are allowed to vote for them if they want to and in fact did, and gets herself into massive political trouble because apparently the Senate is always implacably hostile to Leia in late Bantam and everyone forgets this but was she just terrible at politics or was the NR all a-holes well before NJO or what, so she just appoints Mon Mothma to take over for her because democracy sucks; the finale features Star Destroyers zipping around like fighters and being blown up by the Wild Karrde, which the author thinks is a yacht, and these Star Destroyers can outfight Wedge Antilles despite having incredibly stupid robot AI controlling them, which Wedge can confuse by something as simple as shooting at his allies in the middle of the battle, and also these Star Destroyers pop like bubbles if you just shoot around their shields or something at their sweet spot; and did I mention that Han Solo is seriously accused of bombing the Senate with his wife inside and this is a serious thing and the basis of a great deal of the plot that people take seriously, because this is the stupidest Star Wars book of all time -- but at least it has Cole Fardreamer.

8. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Skeletor attempts to take control of the galaxy by enacting a HOLOCAUST and pitting Luke against a giant bubble, and did we mention that there was a HOLOCAUST, also the badguys have names that are very similar to Nazi leaders and the attempts at real-world parallels are so subtle.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Well, with that title Havac has officially spat on the "not a review" disclaimer, butchered it, it, burned its corpse and delivered its ashes to its closest relatives. Then probably doing the same to them. But it's hilarious.

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    A holocaust unequaled in galactic history--not Kueller's plot, the book itself.

11. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    We should just move onto the next book and award Havac this one.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    DM: enemy of democracy.

instantdeath and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    May I just say that this is the funniest page on any thread in recent memory.

Silas Nightstalker likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    A Power Rangers villain seeks to control the entire galaxy by blowing everyone in it up; unfortunately for him, Cole Fardreamer was on X-Wing duty that day and discovered the bomb plot with the help of Artoo and his thousand-strong army of fellow Artoos.

15. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    In which a trio of Mon Cal cruisers apparently can't repel firepower of that magnitude.

16. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    There are worse people to be than Wedge Antilles.

17. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Though there were some strong efforts, it seems most just decided to give up after Havac got the early (perhaps insurmountable) lead. For shame.

[​IMG]

Once again, I find I'm balancing out The Horror with John Jackson Miller.

Random Comments likes this.
  18. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    A well-developed, nuanced, character-driven and fascinating backstory for a group of people whose Fate of the Jedi descendents are a laughable bunch of poorly-developed and -written clowns --- hey, why didn't they just get John Jackson Miller to write FOTJ?

19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Because not even he could have saved the LOTF mess. [face_sigh]

20. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    If not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Omen would be lost.

Hoss Delgado and darth fluffy like this.
  21. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Don't get me started on that lunacy. Two of those cruisers were MC90's, one of which should be able to handily beat some old VSD's piloted by droids. [face_frustrated]

--Adm. Nick

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    An object lesson in how to make complex yet not totally evil villains that you actually want to read more of!

23. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    If you read this before FotJ...prepare to be disappointed by what follows it; if you read this after reading FotJ...(who'd try to read more of FotJ's story, anyway?) it's a breath of fresh air and a smack in the face that things could have been so much better.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Doubtful - FOTJ still had Daala, Abeloth I'll grant should have been great but turned out not to be, but Daala's a walking series-killer.

25. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    They could have killed her on page one. Or had her retire immediately. Or just never mention that bit. Or just totally recon LotF out of existence, and start with a really good Mara/Luke/Ben book. Or something.

Likeing the Avatar, by the way.