main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where do you upload your photos on the web?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Design - Sites and Graphics' started by Grimby , Aug 23, 2010.

?

Where do you upload your photos on the web?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2010.
  1. Flickr

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Photobucket

56.3%
  3. Picasa

6.3%
  4. Gallery (1, 2, or 3)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Shutterfly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Facebook

6.3%
  7. Other (please specify)

31.3%
  1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    What do you do with your photos after you dump them onto your computer? How do you share them online? Please post your answer after you vote.

Bonus question: Do you use any sort of photo management software on your computer, such as Lightroom, Aperture, ACDSee, etc.?

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I use Photobucket.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I use Photobucket as well. The only image-altering software I have is Photoshop.

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I have MS Paint, and that's it. :p

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I use Photoshop to touch up my photos, but I'm thinking I should probably start using Lightroom since I have it on my computer (used primarily for another project).

Most of the photos I take involve FanForce, so I upload them to RMFF.net which uses Gallery2. If it's something I want to throw up real quick to post on the boards, I have an Image Shack account I use for that.

6. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    It's usually about how long I need them. If I want to hold onto them I'll use Photobucket, but if it's just a quick thing, I'll use tinypic.

Oh and hi and stuff. :D

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I host them myself.

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I like Photobucket. It's quick, easy and free, especially since I don't do anything often.

9. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Typically, I use Facebook. :p

I also use imgur.

10. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Other. Depends who they're for and such.

For showing friends; Facebook
    For showing friends here on the forums; Photobucket
    For my more artistic shots; Deviantart

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    This definitely needs to be a multiple choice poll. The good news is we'll have that feature on the new boards. :)

12. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    That'll be pretty handy.

13. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    I second Nemesis, that will come really handy, especially in the C&G polls.

For my part I mainly use Photobucket. It's quick, easy and I can keep everything for ages. I'm also like Linith, the more artistic stuff will appear on deviantart, though some can also be found on photobucket.

14. LucasBoy1987

LucasBoy1987 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2011
    I voted other: deviantart: http://jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/

15. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Photobucket comes in handy for me. Glad to know that the new boards will have multiple choice poll.

16. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    My own website.

17. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    I host them on my own domain now. I used to use a host called imagecave for my website images and a photo gallery hosting site. Both of them went bust, making me lose the pictures (a worse problem with imagecave because they never allowed you to get the pictures back, or bothered to inform people that the site was going bust. Must have been a real pain for people who had paid hosting with them...) I no longer trust image hosting sites to look after my data and it is almost as if they hold you to ransom if you need to get your pictures back. I feel sorry for the people who had personal/family photos on there.

I don't use facebook for image hosting because they have sold people's photos in the past to marketing companies and are in general, a pain when it comes to keeping your privacy, even when you have the majority of your settings set to private.