main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    No some background guy, he is in the movie for what can’t be more than 2 minutes and is using a med scanner or something on Clark and for some reason has this fake German accent and wears a long coat.

2. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Funny enough I believe that actor actually played a Lex Luthor clone in Smallville, which initially lead to rumors of Lex being in Man of Steel.

I am not too excited over the Fantastic Four movie either, though I would be if they could interact with the Avengers.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ughh. Depressing hockey.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

4. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah well you guys better watch yourselves tomorrow!

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    How you sound:

[​IMG]

Having to remove that "I posted this from my iPhone, btw I speak Latin" sig every time I quote you is a real pain, too, y'know.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Sorry, it's that or have people assume I'm some sort of mentally decrepit drunk every time I post from the phone. :p

And y'know having to quote and write posts from this damn thing is no walk in the park either.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  9. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Oh god Dark Souls, I swear one of the first games in ages that just got me to throw away the controller and leave never to return.

10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Boo. Hiss.

11. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    ....wait, another one?

Although at least it has the look of the classic monster.

13. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I'm looking forwards to this one, based on the trailers.

14. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    If it doesn't have Jet Jaguar, forget it.

COMPNOR likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm going to reinstate my Tapatalk signature and customize it to "Sent from my brain using Tapatalk 2."

My reaction to the Godzilla movie is also "Another one?"

16. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    Akira Takarada si, Matthew Broderick no.

17. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    So I just got impaled by a Shiva statue in Pathfinder.

18. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I find myself wishing to play Pathfinder lately. :(

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You should watch where you're going so that you don't walk into pointy statues, especially if the game is called Pathfinder.

20. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    The last American-made Godzilla film was the 1998 Roland Emmerich-helmed abomination with Matthew Broderick and most of the cast of the Simpsons, and there hasn't been an actual Godzilla film, Japanese cinema included, since 2004, ten years ago. I'd say it's about time we got another proper, respectful production of the greatest giant monster put to film, with modern effects and what looks to be a terrific cast. But that's just me loving my little niche genre. Especially since Pacific Rim re-ignited the giant monster love in my heart. :D

Gamiel likes this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    ...the iguana Godzilla film was in 1998? No way. You're lying. I refuse to believe that I'm that old.

22. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009

Actually, as it so happens, I shot the statue with a crossbow bolt just to see what would happen. That awakened it, and dealt 17 damage in the process. Then, before I had the chance to react, it woke up, grabbed a spear, and impaled me, wiping out my hitpoints. The rest of the party rushed into the chamber and promptly roflstomped the Shiva statue to pieces. I narrowly avoided bleeding out.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You shot at a statue?

A statue? What are you playing, a flippin' Visigoth? Does cultural heritage mean nothing to you?

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

24. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    IT WAS A SUSPICIOUS-LOOKING STATUE.

And no, the barbarian in the party is a Sheogorath-worshiping half-Orc. Who has utilized me as a battering ram before.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Huh, Sheogorath and Shiva. Have you encountered Cthulhu? Or Hastur?

Edit: Or better yet, Shub-Niggurath?

The inclusion of Lovecraftian entities was one of the things which I always enjoyed about Pathfinder. I've been away from Lovecraft too long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.