main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I'd be ok with it if they brought him back for a single arc in order to wrap up his story. I'd prefer seeing that onscreen to the comic book format. I'm a believer that something introduced in one medium should be wrapped up in the same medium, even if that means a different show as in this case.

InterestingLurker and Dra--- like this.
  2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    My hope is that he's done in for good in TCW: Lost Missions.

Ryus likes this.
  3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Maul's TCW will be wrapped up in a Dark Horse comic

It flat out seems a continuation of their last fight, this time its 'to the death'... only real big question is is this part of Darth Sidious's plans to kill Mother Talzin?

4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Yeah I have to say that TCW's cancellation created a pretty unfortunate situation where stuff like this is concerned. I wish they had just let them wrap up the storylines that they had written and bring the show to a satisfying conclusion. I can't help but think it will always feel a bit like unfinished business in the SW chronology.

I guess we're lucky they got to finish as much as they did though.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I get the feeling Maul's story won't end in the "Dathimor" comic. They were writing scripts at the time that wasn't ending the show, it was continuing it. I'm sure the whole "Maul's story ends in the comc!" is just to move paper.

I would totally get a kick out of it they took all of those unproduced TCW scripts and turned them into comics because then we can see where they were intending to go. Because they sure as heck ain't gonna be animated.

Immortiss likes this.
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    If they continue Maul's story past the comic then it would have to be at Marvel, since Darkhorse is losing the license. I doubt his story will go back to animation, or they probably wouldn't have bothered with the comic.

EHT likes this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Me. Pain? Cyborg implants? I care not as long as I live.

TKT likes this.
  8. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Not only that, but he was absolutely mentally broken over it. That adds to it for me.

Jedi Merkurian and Dra--- like this.
  9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    You are a true Sith then. Willing to lose your humanity (or whatever species the Sith once was) in trade for life. It's a very human weakness, but it's also what I find so monstrous about us. Our will to power is terrifying. I think it's why we all find the Sith so relatable.

However, when death comes for me, I'll happily accept nap time. Like a good Jedi.

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Completely disagree. The degree of Maul's hatred for Obi-Wan seemed to be a lot stronger than most Sith. I find that poetic that a person defies the impossible through his sheer hatred. And in many ways, Star Wars is partly about people defying the impossible.

Iron_lord, Dra--- and TheBBP like this.
  11. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Not only that, but he was driven by anger and even grief over the thought of what his place in the galaxy SHOULD have been.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yeah, I agree. A big theme of the series is "will triumphs over reality" considering the apex of the series theme is when Luke listens to a ghost to feel his way through to win the day. Maul surviving is a twisted, dark version of the "done the impossible through will" that we see again and again in Star Wars. Honestly, just the line of Maul saying that his hatred kept him alive is good enough for me. I mean, I doubt it happens *often* but I'll give it a pass for this one, especially since it paid off well.

13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I don't think it makes you Sith or Sith-like. I just hate my body. It breaks all the time and is made of inferior material. Every year or so I have another serious medical issue that hampers my life quality. Just keeping my life quality as it is is a constant battle all the time.

I'm sure I'm not alone.

If you are healthy and well, then you can't imagine living with prosthesises or other helpers. It's a sad fact but men have an instinct to shy away from disease, subconsciously think of those with diseases as inferior.

TKT and Dra--- like this.
  14. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Hey, I understand where you're coming from, and I respect that. I've had plenty of physical problems myself, and I've seen loved ones go through some horrible physical illnesses, and my stance is the same. It's healthy to learn to let go than to try to live forever. Our humanity has more to do with our attitude and beliefs than on having a healthy, long-lasting body.

There was an interesting article recently that talked about the difference between Walter on Breaking Bad and his son Walt Jr. The former does everything he can to control his life, including his cancer, while Walt Jr. simply accepts who he is (he is disabled). Walter loses his humanity by trying to control everything and become powerful whereas Walt Jr. retains his empathy, despite his lack of physical power.

I'm not saying people shouldn't seek reasonable medical treatments. In fact, just the opposite. I'm saying humanity has more to do with how you treat people than the power or health of your physical body. The Sith are like Walter -- they're willing to do whatever it takes to keep living, forsaking their relationships with people and turning themselves into monsters. Jedi are like Walt Jr -- they let go and allow nature to take its course, respecting themselves and those around them.

15. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    My 30 mins ran out on the edit function. Here's a link to that Breaking Bad article, if anyone's interested.

16. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    So, according to the descriptions for the final TCW episodes, Korriban is now canon.

This is VERY exciting IMHO. I hope that we see more of it.

Ryus and Dra--- like this.
  17. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Uh, where did you see that? Korriban isn't mentioned in the TCW descriptions. The planet Morriband is.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Korriban or Moriband?

19. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    The wiki. I do understand that the wiki is public and can be edited by anyone, but I am giving the folks behind TCW a lot of credit and am believing that "Morriband" was a mistake somewhere in the original German reporting and that Filoni and crew are not that lazy and are definitely far more creative than that.

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Well, in real life there is usually nothing wrong with going to lengths for becoming treatment. An iron will and an ability to control yourself (rather than letting yourself go and despairing) sometimes means the difference between life and death, especially with chronic diseases.

Walter in Breaking Bad (I'm ignoring that he was offered treatment by former colleagues) just took it way too far. His own well-being and greed was more important to him than his family or all the people he would ruin with his meth. He is selfish. And the Sith are selfish too. They lost perspective. It's not the Cyborg implants that make Vader evil, having them is totally understandable, it is the fact that he throttles and kills people.

TKT and Dra--- like this.
  21. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013

[​IMG]

22. Mange

Jan 11, 2003
    According to SuperRTL, the original English description said Moriband: JediNews. So, the wiki is wrong. I'm not at all surprised frankly...

TheBBP likes this.
  23. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    OK. Well dang. I hope that it is a completely different planet then lol. Thanks for that clarification.

Mange likes this.
  24. Mange

Jan 11, 2003
    You're welcome! :) One can't rule out some sort some of twist though...

25. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.