main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. CT-5555

CT-5555 Jedi Padawan

Mar 13, 2014
    Now I've finished the four-part arc that closes out Season 4 (Massacre, Bounty, Brothers, Revenge) and I have to say...DAMN. That was so many levels of awesome. I loved Massacre, loved Bounty, really really liked Brothers (no need for Anakin or Ahsoka to appear in that episode), and LOVED LOVED Revenge. Sam Witwer really brought Darth Maul to life...and the final fight? Obi-Wan & Ventress vs Darth Maul/Opress...EPIC. It was a bit short, but still...so good. I loved this arc. Excited for Season 5!

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hey what did ya think about the Obi-wan Undercover arc CT-5555? Massacre was a dark and actually kinda depressing. Been a long time since I've watched it, don't find as much rewatchability in it as other episodes. Bounty is alot of fun though I loved the designs in it and since I have a soft spot for bishounen characters I liked Chrismo. The cliff hanger ending to the season was cool.

Clovis was a bit creepy but to me it was way over shadowed by how dumb he was. He must have taken some good blows to the head at the end of Senate Spy. I mean he wasn't particularly smart in that episode either... Come on Padme is seriously your password? You would think that in the GFFA with al lthat spiffy technology atleast a number and a special character would be required. I wonder if he was Lux's father. Maybe Mina kicked his dumb creepy ass out when Lux was very little and just lied to him he was dead.

3. CT-5555

CT-5555 Jedi Padawan

Mar 13, 2014

The Obi-Wan Undercover arc was very solid and extremely fun. I loved all of it. It was probably my third favorite arc in Season 4, behind Umbara and Ventress/Maul. I thought the Enslaved Arc was interesting, but the execution wasn't all that great and it kind of missed the mark for me.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Awesome, love reading new thoughts. The Obi-wan Undercover arc I tend to think is the true best of season 4 although I like Umbara better. It broke the mold the farthest from TCW's usual formula and didn't end with a reset button of any kind. Not that Umbara did, this is which separates season 4 from what came before it. I like the Slaver Arc. The first part is a big meh and Obi-wan is a little challenged in the second but it ends strong. Miraj was a great villainess with some dimension. Great ending. And then there was this. - "I'm no Jedi.."

Contessa, QuangoFett and CT-5555 like this.
  5. CT-5555

CT-5555 Jedi Padawan

Mar 13, 2014
    I did like the "I'm No Jedi" moment, it was awesome. I thought Miraj was an interesting character, but I thought she died too soon and could have been used more in that last episode. Wellllll...tomorrow/today (it's like 2:30 a.m. where I live) I start Season 5, excited to see how that goes.

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's gonna be interesting for sure. Got some ups and downs.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Bounty is hands down the best episode in the series. I actually ranked that one 11/10. And the Hardeen arc is my favorite arc next to Nightsisters.

Season 4 was just great overall.

[face_laugh] You're on a roll lately. I love it.

Watto and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    My friend just got into the show: "I think the Decryption Module / Captain Gregor arc just became my favorite arc so far." ...WHAT?!

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ye gods.

What arcs has he or she watched so far?

I do want to add that I think it's great that the show being on Netflix has led to people newly discovering it.

EHT and SithStarSlayer like this.
  10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    He is watching on Netflix, airing order. He likes Artoo. But his favorite arc? Really?

11. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I hate to be that guy, but you spelled, "ex-friend," wrong.

Cevan, Dark Lord Tarkas and DanielUK like this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

I think this is awesome and goes to show how TCW has something for everybody. Secret Weapons was totally out of place given the tone but it does have a really fun, campy vibe in my opinion which. A "Sunny Day in the Void" has some dark philosophy going on under all the goofiness. "Missing in Action" has Gregor a trooper who is the anti-Cut Lawquane, unfortunately the ending only has a big explosion and rendered the entire arc a waste of time when yeah I agree there was more important subject matter for TCW to tackle. I have gotten back to where I prefer Mercy Mission for my droid episodes. I would recommend that episode to your friend but I say enjoy the whole series and don't cherry pick to people looking to start it.

I still admire TCW's willingness to go against the grain and try some radical ideas even if they were not well received by the fans.

I had a buddy at work who had only seen a few season 3 episodes and now he's finally watching the whole series. Its awesome all the new people discovering it.

And thanks I think... =b

13. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I personally think that Point Of No Return should have been excised from S5 and that the Clovis arc should have been re-inserted, giving S5 a nice round 22 episode duration.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Absolutely, I don't know if it could have been as intensely epic as it was at its best if it didn't take chances. And I think practically every episode is someone's favorite and someone's least favorite.

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think a "Sunny Day in the Void" and "Missing in Action" should have been it for the arc. We could have gotten a decent stand alone episode in there. I recall alot of fans missing those. It is pretty depressing to think that in season 5 we only really got five stories total.

Totally. TCW was at its best taking chancing which allowed the show to explore all kinds of subjects although at the cost of linear continuity.There are a couple other animated shows that were running he the same time which always disappointed me by tending to play it safe.

QuangoFett likes this.
  16. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    The D-Squad arc had a decent central section but a perilously weak beginning and end. When not contriving a ludicrous scenario for the squad's U-571 McGuffin heist, the arc was quite enjoyable.

Seerow likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It actually made the first episode reasonably enjoyable for me that it was all this really mundane plot to steal a flashdrive. TCW as it always did in the droid arcs took that and turned it into this big ordeal which made it pretty funny. Looking back I still wonder whose terrible idea it was to just blow up the flashdrive. I get that it probably contained the plot to ram a Star Destroyer into that conference but it would have had far more pay off if it turned out something else important was on the encrypted disc at the end. Its just the lamest thing to waste four episodes that were torturing the fans who don't have the help of a super charged lame filter. Even mine broke actually...

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    As much as I didn't like some of the episodes and arcs, I am glad that the show had something for everyone. That's a great thing about Star Wars in general.

And hey, I think I'm the only one here who liked Evil Plans and Shadow Warrior. :p

As far as the droid arc, I think Missing in Action as a stand-alone would have been much better received. That was the R2-centric episode and by far the best of that arc.

KenobiSkywalker, Revanfan1 and Seerow like this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I like Evil Plans for exactly the reason I liked Secret Weapons. Its Rocko's Modern Life meets Star Wars. 3PO was totally Heffer. They should have hired Joe Murray to write the funny episodes.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    anakinfansince1983 I'm 100% against you on Evil Plans and 100% with you on Shadow Warrior. Anytime a Star Wars story matches something from Flash Gordon that closely I have to love it.

To me the best episode from the dreadful S5 droid arc was A Sunny Day in the Void because of how much it seemed like GL's "odd" droid film he talked about doing in the 1970's when it was still supposed to be a 12-film saga on the Adventures of Luke Skywalker and because it also seemed like TCW's version of one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite Woody Allen films:

I'm a big sucker for the existential. I think that's the only episode I ever bothered to rewatch from the arc, and I'm pretty sure the other three are the only TCW episodes I never rewatched.

21. CT-5555

CT-5555 Jedi Padawan

Mar 13, 2014
    Here I am, with another update. I've plowed through the first thirteen episodes of Season 5, sans Revival because I was informed it works better if I watch it after "Point of No Return" and before "Eminence". The Onderon Arc was solid, overall. I didn't have many issues with it, besides maybe a lack of a central villain and perhaps it dragged a bit. I appreciated the emotional payoff it achieved with Steela's death. I liked the Youngling Arc quite a bit, especially "A Necessary Bond"; it was cool to see Ahsoka and the younglings team up with Hondo against Grevious. Best thing about that arc was easily Huyang, voiced by David Tennant brilliantly. The third arc, the droid one...less said, the better.

But now I'm going to plunge into these two final arcs. Can't wait to see what they hold, considering each season usually saves the best arcs for last.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, Tennant was indeed great as Huyang. As was Jim Cummings at his best as Hondo. His hilarity knows no bounds.

And whoever told you to watch Revival with Eminence and the others was right in doing so. I think you'll come away from that arc significantly amazed.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Neither of those are my favorite arcs.There is few arcs I loathe more than Onderon which is quite the paradox since I am a Lux fan believe it or not. Hondo is worth it Jim Cummings. He's the best thing in the Younglings arc, did a hell of a job. Hah, looks like your biggest test is about to begin with the droid arc. Good luck CT-5555.

Revanfan1, CT-5555 and Force Smuggler like this.
  24. CT-5555

CT-5555 Jedi Padawan

Mar 13, 2014
    Well, I've finished Season 5. Those last two arcs were something else.

The Darth Maul/Mandalorian story was amazing. The Obi-Wan vs Savage/Maul battle was great, and I literally smiled when Obi cut his arm off. I was giddy when Vizsla and Maul teamed up! I particularly loved the sections where Maul and co. began to assemble their armies through these various crime syndicates, it was cool to see the Black Suns base on Mustafar, and the awesome decapitation at the table by Opress. All of this pales in comparison to my favorite part of this arc, which was the Maul vs Vizsla fight, which is easily the best animated and most exciting fight on the show. It was heaven. But, hey, Sidious shows up too. Don't get me wrong, I thought those scenes were impeccable, but the Maul and Opress vs Sidious fight was just barely behind the Vizsla fight. And lots of memorable deaths too; Satine (that one got me, but only because of Obi's reaction) and Savage (which I was a bit sad about as well, even though the guy is a monster). BUT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO MAUL NOW THAT SIDIOUS HAS "PLANS" FOR HIM?

And, the final arc of Season 5. I've become aware that a lot of people do not like Ahsoka, so many will disagree...but this was probably my favorite arc on the show so far. Sure, in terms of awesome lightsaber duels, it wasn't mind-blowing. In terms of emotional material, though, it excelled. I had no idea where this story was going when it began, so I was extremely surprised when all that framing business went down. "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" was amazing. The chase sequences were like something right out of the Fugitive! The animation and beauty during those scenes blew my mind. Her dodging all those stun bolts in the rain...wow. Her last conversation with Anakin in the tunnel during that episode really showed the power of the facial animations this show has achieved, as well as the voice acting. AH, but all the stuff after that was good too, with Ahsoka and Ventress teaming up and all. I wasn't super surprised to learn it was Bariss, but still intriguing. I enjoyed the Anakin vs Bariss fight, as it sort of moved around the Temple and eventually found its way outside (hey, speaking of which, it was cool to see some of the Younglings from the previous episodes). BUT THAT ENDING. Emotionally draining. I was just speechless. The writers outdid themselves with this arc. I loved it.

So, that's Season 5 for me. Excited to finish up the last season.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't stand Ahsoka but that scene on the Temple steps still made me cry due to how Anakin reacted. So...definitely an emotional scene. And the music was amazing.

You blew through the series quick. Glad you enjoyed it. :)