main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The final scene of Anakin and Ahsoka in the 'apprentice-master' relationship was probably one of the most emotional scenes in the Star Wars franchise.

CT-5555 likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    For me the best emotional scenes from TCW were the deaths of Fives, Savage, and Waxer. Ashoka's farewell to Anakin much are I liked the arc just didn't have me tearing up.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    ^^ Those are all great. I'd also add Satine's death. Just looking at how close Maul came to breaking Obi-Wan was pretty heartwrenching.

4. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    I just finished the last 3 seasons in a binge viewing and I loved it. I was worried that the sudden cancellation would make it seem like the show would have a random ending, but the Yoda arc really felt like the final episodes to me. Yoda's final monologue on the future gave me a sense of closure for the show despite not every thread being tied up.

Trebor Sabreon, Revanfan1 and Seerow like this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Yeah that is pretty heatbreaking when Maul is breaking Obi-wan. I still think that shot of Obi-wan looking at fire is awesome. Satine's death itself came clone but didn't quote get tears from me. And lets not forget all the way back in season when Numa takes Waxer and Boil into whats left of her house and they find that doll. Oh man the feels.

When I got to the end of the Yoda arc I didn't get that 'what a waste' feeling when I get to the end of the show and it just ends. Instead to me I get a the feeling of a dissatisfying ending.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I definitely teared up over that Numa scene but I love kids.

With Satine, I felt sorry for Obi-Wan but it didn't make me cry.

KenobiSkywalker and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. CT-5555

CT-5555 Jedi Padawan

Mar 13, 2014
    And now I've finished. Season 6 was an interesting ride.

The Order 66 Arc was fantastic, and as a huge fan of Fives (see username haha), I was heartbroken at his death. To be honest, though, I saw it coming as soon as the arc really started going. We all know Order 66 was a complete surprise to the Jedi in ROTS, so I knew Fives wasn't making it out of this. It was such an emotional arc, watching him struggle with this information and being brought down time and time again by the conspiracy. It sucks that he died, but it felt like a logical conclusion to the storyline, and I probably would have been irked if he somehow got away and lived happily ever after. I'll tell you what though, Nala Se, that Kaminoan...she can go kill herself haha.

The Clovis Arc wasn't anything spectacular, but it was still a solid, if a bit boring, set of episodes. The Mace Windu/Jar-Jar episodes were not as bad as I expected, and had some funny moments.

The final Yoda arc was very well done, and was intriguing throughout. I loved Yoda vs Sidious, even if it was a short battle. And we got see Darth Bane, which is cool. And even though I know it was not in any way designed as a series finale, Yoda's final monologue felt like an appropriate end to the series, even though it didn't tie up all loose ends or intend to be an end.

So yeah, great series. Incredibly flawed in places, but the good outdid the bad and in the end, I do not regret watching this show.

Contessa, EHT, Sgt Crowfield and 6 others like this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah there was no way around Fives dying and I knew it was going to happen. It was still rough. This was the Fives arc I kept waiting for. Hah, it was real the entire time. I rewatched the Order 66 arc last night and it hit harder the second time. I feel especially sorry for poor Rex there. That was like his son dying. "Don't go Fives... come back." ;.;

I just didn't enjoy the Clovis arc as much. It had some upticks but it won't be my favorite arc. The Mace/ Jar Jar arc was fun.

I've been meaning to rewatch the Yoda arc. I haven't completely gathered my thoughts on it yet. I like it though.

9. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    The Order 66 Arc and Yoda arc where probably my two favorite. It' shame the show had to end, because I feel It was getting to it's prime with Season 5 and what we saw of season 6. I'm super looking forward to Rebels even more now.

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The Yoda arc was good, but I felt ran a little long for what it was. I'd say the same for the Order 66 arc, they could have condensed it down. The Clovis arc I actually liked the best, and it's one of my favorite, if not my favorite arc of the series. There were issues with it, like Padme's behavior and the "oh we need a break" bit that were a bit ridiculous, but overall I felt it was a very fun arc. There's also the bit regarding the Banking Clan going over (being nationalized?) by the Republic that seems awkward given the fact that San Hill retains a seat in the CIS council, despite Banking Clan assets being brought under Republic control, so I think they should have addressed that in the arc. But still, while not flawless, I had the most fun with it of all the BC arc.

The Bardotta duology just seemed so, so long, despite being only two episodes. I hate Jar Jar, I will always hate Jar Jar, and I've given up on the character ever being redeemed now. I really think it is just the dumb way that he talks, I can't get past it, I've never been able to get past it. And even if he's not stepping in poop or winning by accident, he's just endlessly annoying.

I do love Mace, and so I was glad to see him at least, but I so much longed for a more proactive role for Mace (and Yoda) in the war, not just a Ryloth arc and a Jar Jar/Mace pairing.

11. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I think the Yoda arc was one of the few TCW arcs that wasn't over-long, especially since it had the final episodes. I think it could've even used another, since it didn't much feel like a four-parter because of the Sifo-Dyas episode.

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    How intelligent is Darth Maul?

13. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

He managed to use his wits to take over an entire planet. So more intelligent than you or I.

Seerow and Iron_lord like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Yoda arc is the only arc I can think of other than Mauldelore whose episodes ranged from extremely good to really horrible.

15. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Anakin's role.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I really enjoyed Anakin's interactions with Yoda--his protesting the idea of helping Yoda escape, and the fact that Yoda seemed to have genuine affection for him.

I'm glad the vision with Sidious wasn't real because there is no need to make Anakin look any dumber in ROTS.

But I gave good ratings to the episodes with Anakin in them.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I feel like the transition to ROTS would have been smoother and the Jedi would have seemed less stupid without the cancellation.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Maul is pretty damn smart in TCW. He learned ace Batman gambit techniques from Sidious and put these to good use. Vizla thought he was going to just get rid of Maul when he was ready but Maul pretty much used him and Deathwatch the entire time to give him an army and put him in position to just about break Obi-wan. He pretty much outsmarts both of them. His biggest flaw as with most bad guys is probably his arrogance. That goes away real quick when Sidious shows up.

19. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Alright, so Leland's tweet about the watching order was enough to push me over the edge. I have started watching TCW in the order he suggested. So far its not terrible.

A question though?
    Does Asoka (sp?) ever put on a proper shirt?

20. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    ^ Once in season 2. Then in Season 3 she gets the boob hole.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    There is that Traviss novel in which Yularen tells Ahsoka that she has to wear more clothes on his ship.

I would have loved to see that on screen.

22. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    What got me what the big in Brain Invaders where she makes it all cold to kill the worms and we see her shivering. I'm all, "Well that's what you get for wearing such unpractical clothes!"

It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't see every other Padawan wear the traditional robes. Obviously they wanted Ahsoka to stand up.

Granted, I'm likely in the minority in that I actually think that Ahsoka's later outfit is MORE sexually provocative than the tube top.

23. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It's very holey

24. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, but it references the Heart of the Force, the Cleavage of Good, and the Knockers of the Light Side. Or something.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I know this is a late reply, but I think nobody is ever late when they want to express their joy about a Star Wars Character they love.
    You are very correct, Circular Logic... very much so...

That concept of Tikkes made me explode with a nerdgasm! I mean Filoni even wrote Tikkes's name under the piece of art. He did that... WOOOOOOOO!
    I know it is not a character that is as big as the rest in the Season 7 update, but still... it means the world to me in terms of getting my favorite character showcased.

It does feel like a concept from the S4 arc, but how else would one visit the world.

It does say in the file name that it is Season 7 concept. I do not know for sure, but I so wished Tikkes got to appear before the end.

What i hope is that some of the S7 stuff, maybe Tikkes footage, gets on a Season Six Blu-Ray as deleted scenes and extras.

TIKKES FOREVER!!!!