main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rank The Indiana Jones Saga

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Doom Trooper, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royalguard962.0

royalguard962.0 Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2014
    1. Doom
    2. Crusade
    3. Raiders

195. Skulls

Mac is the Jar Jar Binks of the Indiana Jones franchise. By that I mean, he seems an unnecessary addition to the story/film.

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  2. Darth Chip

Darth Chip Jedi Grand Master

Aug 7, 1999
    1. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
    3. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    4. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

3. Doom Trooper

Doom Trooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2014

I agree, I think him and Oxley should've been deleted from the film.

4. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    I didn't mind Oxley too much, but yeah I didn't care for Mac. Wish they would've brought back Sallah.

5. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    I wasn't too upset about Sallah not being in it, I always thought he was useless in TLC and didn't serve a real purpose there. Mac and Oxley to me were very much like that.

6. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I just find it hard now to think this guy...

[​IMG]

.... is associated with the Indiana Jones saga in what may/may not be Ford's last film for us to remember Indy in.

Pensivia and CaptainHamYoyo like this.
  7. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Raiders of the Losk Ark
    Last Crusade
    Temple of Doom
    Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

8. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014

It can safely be said he'll never be associated with the series ever again...

9. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    -ROTLA
    -TLC
    -TOD
    -KOTCS

It's really disappointing to see how KOTCS turned out.....

10. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Last Crusade
    Temple of Doom
    Raiders of the Losk Ark
    Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Crystal Skull was ok until alien stuff.

11. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    I didn't mind the alien stuff in KOTCS with repeat views, although I still find the UFO bit over the top.

12. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    Relating to the series, anyone ever done an all-day marathon of the series? I've done so many times with all four films in a straight row, one of my favorite series to marathon. I usually like to watch them in release order beginning with Raiders, given TOD's much more frantic pace that can make adjusting to Raiders' more subdued pacing a little tough when watching it right afterwards.

13. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    Very interesting to see how many people rate Last Crusade #1 and how many people like Crystal Skull more than Temple of Doom, both interesting trends.

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    Most people I know of if anything rate them that way.

15. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    For me it's...

1. Raiders
    2. Temple Of Doom
    3. The Last Crusade
    4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I love The Last Crusade, and of course the religious artefact McGuffins work best BUT Last Crusade is almost a carbon copy of Raiders plot and structure-wise (admittedly a perfect template). Temple Of Doom just wins my number two slot. Good fun and so many cool moments.

16. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014

So true, I think some of the most memorable moments of the whole series come from TOD. Then again, the same can easily be said for the other three.

17. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Temple of Doom (Absolute favorite, story is great and for a mid movie in a prequel I think does a great job)
    The Last Crusade (I am biased I am a huge old James Bond fan, the comic relief that is present between Elder and younger Jones makes the movie)
    Raiders of the Lost Ark (Relationship between Miriam and Indiana is great component of this one, plus one of most iconic scene is when Indiana shoots swordsman in square)
    Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (I really liked this movie, and was entertained, I do watch it frequently. Hurt, Harrison make a good combination in the story line. And I think there are some great sequences, but it will never live up to the originals)

You have to give Lucas credit he produce a great trilogy and followed it up despite criticism with a entertaining movie.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  18. AntilllesRedTwo

AntilllesRedTwo Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2013
    Crusade, Raiders, Temple, Crystal (the space between spaces?)

Sarge likes this.
  19. bleed0range

bleed0range Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 29, 2007
    Raiders, TOD, Crusade, KOTCS

I find the biggest issue with KOTCS is just that the screenplay was kind of bad. Harrison does a good job, the direction is good, the sets/lighting is good... but the story kind of is boring with some bad dialogue like yes the space between spaces. It's just not a very strong story, which is why it wasn't made for like 20 years. But Lucas was stubborn and held out until he got it made the way he wanted it to be made. I think it could have been a lot better, but with some distance between now and 2008 I can now sort of enjoy it for what it is.

20. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Raiders
    TLC
    TOD
    KOTCS

KOTCS has a terrible macguffin, with no real point to it or reason why it has to go back to the temple / ship. The second half has too many characters along for the ride with Indy and it makes it a mess. Oxley is totally pointless. The dialogue between Marion and Indy and Mutt is cringe worthy, her addition in particular was another idea poorly executed. Aliens appearing at the end. Space between spaces?? WTF. I can't believe no one involved in that film read that script and thought 'this is a great story'.

21. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014

I feel similarly in a way, I feel time as been kind to it.

22. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    Anybody plan to watch TOD or TLC for their anniversaries this month? I will be for sure.

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  23. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014

I quite liked the Crystal Skull itself as the relic for Indy to pursue, but while I do enjoy the film (much moreso than initially) I can't help but roll my eyes at the UFO at the end. They could've done something so much better than that, though I do think the alien skeletons merging together was pretty neat.

24. Darth Bradius

Darth Bradius Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 27, 2014
    Kinda shocked at how many people here liked Crystal Skull.

My Ranking
    1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
    2. The Last Crusade
    3. Temple of Doom
    4. First thirty minutes of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull are really well done and exciting - The rest is just uninspired drivel in my opinion.

25. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    I think Skull's reception overtime has improved somewhat. It seems much of the disliking towards it was initially disappointment (which I definitely felt during my first viewing).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.