main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Make sure you're using the newest version of the app. If it's still not loading, try restarting the app and logging out and back in again.

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Grimby LAJ_FETT Ramza I have the most current version of Tapatalk and I am experiencing the same problem on both my Android phone and IPad versions. When you try to access "Participated" forum, nothing loads except "No Topic". If you delete the app and re-install, it should clear up the problem.

Grimby likes this.
  3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Could the issue with the "participated" view on Tapatalk be connected to the problems with the search function? In other words, could Tapatalk be simply trying to use the search to locate those threads, failing, and not giving a useful error message? I wonder this because it seems that the two issues popped up around the same time.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    JC - I think it's coincidence. The search issues started around April 3 and Grimby updated Tapatalk on April 4. (There's a post by him about the upgrade in the Tapatalk thread.)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    OK, fair enough. That makes sense. I wasn't sure of specific dates, so that's why I asked.

6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I'm happy to report that the Search function seems to be working again! However, as a result of the board-wide issue, you can't seem to actively find any posts written by a user between Apr 2 and today...I tried searching through threads for recent posts and discovered this problem. Will this problem ever get fixed? It's minor issue, certainly, and I'm just glad this Search bug was corrected, but it's still a tad annoying not able to search out posts by a user during the timeframe of the error.

Also, regarding the MS Update thread noting that the tech admins intend to upgrade the forum software to XenForo 1.2, is there any reason why they aren't considering just upgrading straight to the latest, stable version of XenForo 1.3 (found here), which has more new features? Just a question, out of curiosity, for the admins. Thanks!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think that announcement to Xenforo 1.2 was made before the announcement of 1.3. When we do the upgrade it would make sense to go to the newest stable version. I'm not sure about the search hole. It might mean that the indexing job might need to be rerun (which takes a looong time.) Grimby - ?

Circular Logic likes this.
  8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I will look into the search issue. And yes, 1.3 came out after that update was written and it will be our target version to upgrade to.

Circular Logic likes this.
  9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    About 10 of 1pm my local time I lost the ability to load the forums at all. It just barely returned and it's now 2:36pm. Any noted errors in the same frame or a known cause?

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    No and no, we're looking into it. I can say that the boards were down/difficult to access for everyone during that timeframe.

11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks, Ramza. :)

12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Difficult to access / load, still going on for me.

Also, our Facebook is harder to navigate now to find threads about site problems. Is it still called TheForce.Net?

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    There are two pages on Facebook - the general TheForce.Net page, and the Jedi Council Forums page. You sort of have to scroll around a bit to find threads now because of how facebook handles posts by other users on site pages.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Things seem OK now. I checked the server log and there wasn't anything unusual yesterday. Ramza - I saw your emails about the issue.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Not a question nor a problem, but an observation: I've noticed that all that's need to create a color markup code is the '[color=]' part... the '' seems to be unnecessary. Interesting.[/COLOR]

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Or at least it was that way about 90 minutes ago. :p

18. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Ok so I got a Samsung Tablet last week and installed Tapatalk. Is there a help guide? I tried and found it very hard to use. I wanted it for the Inbox and conversations but i couldn't find it. Any help?

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Are you hallucinating again?

I'm glad that the search function is working again!

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    You should check out the Tapatalk App support forums: https://support.tapatalk.com/#app-support.33

Bazinga'd likes this.
  22. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Try deleting the Tapatalk app and reinstalling. There has been some configuration issues in the update between the previous version and current version. Other than the link that Ramza provided above, there is no official tech guide for the app.

23. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @Ramza I had a look but I need support for this site through the use of Tapatalk. For instance I want to use the conversation feature but I couldn't find. I will only be using the app for this site so a general help might be irrelevant.

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It's universal across all Xenforo boards so, no, it's definitely a general help issue.

I'm not familiar with the app on the user end so that's about all I've got.

25. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I us
    I use the Tapatalk app on both my phone and IPad. Like I indicated above, delete the app and make sure you reinstall the newest version of the app. The conversation tab should apperar on the left side of the application when you are logged into your JCF account.