main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Who survived Empire/Rebellion/Yuuzhan Vong?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by oscar8192, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oscar8192

oscar8192 Jedi Padawan

Jun 19, 2011
    Which influential characters survived the Clone Wars, the Empire, the Rebellion, and up to or through the Yuuzhan Vong invasion?

I can think of Wedge Antilles and Admiral Ackbar; but apart from the droids, which important characters lived through 32BBY - 25ABY?

While I was thinking about it, I came across the Jedi K'Kruhk, T'ra Saa, Aqinos and Ikrit - are there any other prominent or powerful beings who were active during this period?

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Bail died in Episode 4.......................

3. oscar8192

oscar8192 Jedi Padawan

Jun 19, 2011
    Corrected.

4. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    The prominent Corellian Senator and military commander Garm Bel-Iblis survived the events of the Clone Wars, the Galactic Civil War, and the Yuuzhan Vong invasion but was unfortunately rendered comatose immediately after the events depicted in the novel The Unifying Force. Other accounts indicate that his ship accidentally exited hyperspace too close to black hole, or passed away peacefully in his sleep at what by then was an advanced age and that the entire GFFA immediately forgot that he ever existed.

His former Republic comrade and later Imperial foe and again ally Gilad Pellaeon similarly served and survived throughout all three conflicts with prominence.

5. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
  6. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    The Millennium Falcon, baby!

7. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    And was shot in the Second Galactic Civil War by Sith Apprentice Tahiri Veila [face_devil]

8. The Compeer

The Compeer Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2013
    Jar Jar. He's just hiding, to avoid having to point out that the leaders of the Galactic Alliance make him look like a competent and respectable elder statesman.

Vthuil likes this.
  9. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Ahsoka with my luck, just waiting to reveal herself to Luke over 40 years after she would've been useful. :rolleyes:

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  11. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    [​IMG]

I've ascended to the point by which I can only communicate via Jensen Ackles gifs.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. SheaHublin

Feb 15, 2008
    Yes, one can't help but GAG when reading such things...

13. oscar8192

oscar8192 Jedi Padawan

Jun 19, 2011
    Thanks SheaHublin.

I've just started reading the NJO books so got me thinking who's been around the whole time.

Any other memorable figures been involved over the fifty years?

14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    People who were old enough to remember the Clone Wars (not just born during or shortly before them) and survived through the end of the NJO: Han, Lando, Boba, Talon Karrde, Gilad Pellaeon, Garm Bel Iblis, Carlist Rieekan, Soontir Fel, Booster Terrik, and the Wookiee Chak. People who were alive but out of the narrative include K'Kruhk, T'ra Saa, and A'Sharad Hett. As a general rule, anyone Han's age or older who's around at the end of the NJO is old enough to remember the Clone Wars.

15. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Wedge is only two years older than Luke, FWIW. So while he would have technically been alive during the Clone Wars, he wouldn't have remembered much if any of it.

Revanfan1 and oscar8192 like this.
  16. oscar8192

oscar8192 Jedi Padawan

Jun 19, 2011
    Quite right.

17. SheaHublin

Feb 15, 2008
    Depending how long "The Last Grand Admiral" Octavian Grant lived- he may count towards this. He's been described as having been a brilliant tactician during the Clone Wars, and the Warfare guide implied that he was in fact one of the very first Imperial Moffs created during the last days of the Old Republic, which very possibly also established him as the last surviving of the original Moffs (along with Gann). It hasn't yet been established if he survived the Yuuzhan Vong War though, but if he hadn't there's been plenty of opportunities for an EU author to have said so.

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

There is a rather interesting comment by Han in one of the book of how all the recalls was just seeing Holos of Clone Troopers here and there and we know the Empire was rather busy wiping the whole thing from recorded history (who can blame them), so there likely really is a lot less knowledge of it around then one would guess, or really just personal accounts.

19. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
  20. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Depends when in the timeline they were supposed to remember about the Clone Wars. The prequels came out on DVD in the GFFA between 25 ABY and 35 ABY (Artoo had the only surviving copy of ROTS, TPM and AOTC seem to have fared much better). The NEC was released circa 36 ABY.

21. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    So is the Essential Chronology, which states that as of its publication (25 ABY, right before the events of Vector Prime) there is still a great deal of work to be done in uncovering the often obscured history of the Clone Wars.

22. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

As mentioned the Empire want's you to remember none of it, clearly just so you can keep your sanity. ;)

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    NO ONE ANYMORE LOL.

This is really going to make trolling too easy.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    yeah I've been doing the same thing. I'm like the worst mod at this point. Blame LFL.

25. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    When the FRAK did the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion happen? I have watched ALL seasons of TCW, and all 6 films. And NO WHERE is said invasion EVER mentioned.

And what the frak is a Yuuzhan Vong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.