main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    And you referenced one of my favorite obscure bits, the Confederacy meeting on Chanosant! :D

jasonfry likes this.
  2. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Congratulations on finally getting the piece on Kligson published. It was well worth the wait. =D=

While Viva Space Vegas! managed to beat you to publishing what you had in mind for Wermis, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that even though it's non-canon I'd just love to read it if you ever put it up on your Tumblr or something. It would be a shame for something that you've worked so hard on to try and get published to never be read by fans. No pressure, of course, but did I mention that it's my birthday tomorrow? :p

But in all seriousness, thank you for giving us another fantastic chapter. Brilliant, as always.

jasonfry likes this.
  3. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Is your birthday the 7th or the 8th?

Grand Admiral Paxis likes this.
  4. Grand Admiral Paxis

Sep 2, 2012
    The 8th. I live in Australia though, so it just hit a bit over an hour and a half ago. :D

5. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Excellent. We share a birthday. Happy birthday to us both, time zone vagaries notwithstanding.

6. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    So, would you be happy with:

:p

7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Honestly -- that would be good enough for me. It's far more acknowledgement than he usually gets. :p

(Happy birthday eve, Jason and Paxis)

Sent from a loaner phone with horrid autocorrect. Expect lots of errors.

Starkeiller likes this.
  9. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    :p:p

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I like this game.

Sent from a loaner phone with horrid autocorrect. Expect lots of errors.

Darth_Garak, purplerain and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999

12. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004

Darth_Garak likes this.
  13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I can't help but feel like we've drifted slightly from the initial purpose of the Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread.

jSarek likes this.
  14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Depends on what the Official Jason Fry thinks about it.

16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I am laughing so karking hard at this right now. We need to open a thread for this thing and keep it going. [face_rofl]

17. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    The Official Jason Fry thinks it's hilarious, but his obscenely bloated ego is punctured by the sadness of discovering new messages aren't about him.

Which, come to think of it, might not be a bad thing.

18. Grand Admiral Paxis

Sep 2, 2012
    We do? Happy birthday, Jason! I can't help but get the feeling that me getting a happy birthday from one of my favourite authors slightly outweighs your happy birthday from a casual fan, but I nevertheless wish you an amazing day. You deserve it.

jasonfry likes this.
  19. ShogunOfTruth

ShogunOfTruth Jedi Knight

Nov 3, 2004
    Jason, this may have already been asked, but will your future book, Star Wars Rebels: Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy be part of the new canon? Are you working with the Story Group? Or are junior novel's like this and Ezra's Gamble separate from the new official continuity?

PS: Thanks for doing what you do.

20. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    [face_rofl]

21. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    You're welcome -- thanks for the kind words.

AFAIK it's part of the new canon. Yep, worked with Story Group -- though that wasn't a very mysterious process. See my Eleven-ThirtyEight interview for (a few) more details.

22. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

So just because all Expanded Universe stuff is being classified as "Legends", it won't affect your updates of the Author's Cuts of the Essential Guide to Warfare?

23. ShogunOfTruth

ShogunOfTruth Jedi Knight

Nov 3, 2004

Thanks for the quick answer! The official statement only mentioned the Del Rey books, so I wasn't %100 sure. Thanks for clearing it up!

24. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I wouldn't expect it to, no. The May Author's Cut was prepared when LFL had to know the announcement was on the way, and it was business as usual.

I would classify the Warfare stuff as Legends continuity and would expect the Rebels YA novel to be part of the new continuity.

But I'm still figuring this out just like everybody else. I'm sure it will be clearer in a few more months. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the tales I read/see and try to craft ones for other people to enjoy, and not worry too much about their canon status.

25. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Ouch time, as they say: Brent Friedman's been dropping bits from the unproduced TCW Season 7/8 scripts on Twitter, and revealed one arc would have taken place on Anaxes and Skako Minor. I created Anaxes. It could've been in TCW. /sobs quietly to self