main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Looks brilliant, as did Bats.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Looks like Gotham to me.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Yes, he still looks very Superman-ish. Now, will he actually act like one this time around? :p

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    That is the hope.

It looked like Superman aged like ten years in that photo. It really reminds me of Kingdom Come Supes.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That's just the lighting since it's grey on black with a side of grey, like everything else DC does. :p So his hair's still black and not Kingdom Come Supes' hair. I like the increased color on the costume but hate how they're still making everything look drab and muted in the scenery.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I know, right? You think there would be a difference between Gotham and Metropolis, as well as a difference in tone/setting between Superman and Batman.

Yeah, I agree that Supes' hair doesn't have the Reed Richards look and the lighting of the photo makes him look older, but I don't know why they (WB/DC) would want all their characters in the same drab, dark and rainy tone. You'd think with a film titled "Batman v. Superman" there would be a strong contrast between the characters, like Jim Lee's image of the two titled characters.

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, you can see the yellow in the shield this time.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Superman is in Gotham. Metropolis likely will be brighter. When he's in dark and rainy Gotham, and somebody takes a picture of him, the picture is dark and rainy.

Saintheart likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That's a shame. To market and make Superman "cool" they put him in Gotham on a dark and rainy day.

10. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm sure Metropolis gets rain too.

Anyways, if the theme of the movie is Batman and Superman kind of going up against each other, which the title of the movie outright states, then maybe the grim looking photos are meant to echo that. Just a hunch.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Here's the link to Warner Brothers Customer Service, where you can file a complaint, Sensei.

As we all know - because we from the internet land have already seen the film - this still has nothing to do with an actual plot of Superman in Gotham. He's never actually been to Gotham, not even in The Dark Knight Returns, a story that is in no way connected to this film. It was purely a ploy by Snyder and Goyer, the evil bastards who created genocidal Superman in Man of Steel, to generate hype. Nothing sells hype like pictures of superheroes in the rain - history has proven that.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Not really a complaint. Just stating that it's a shame they have to "hype" Superman in the rain, which is basically the same statement you posted.

I remember a time when Superman was cool on his own and wearing a bright color costume.

13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Back in my day, we had to like Superman with trunks on his costume - uphill, both ways.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Don't forget, you had to like Batman the same way too.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm giggling way too hard at that. Especially where one of Superman's hands are positioned around Batman.;)

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's a graphical representation of Ender and heels. I'll let people pick which is which (and which reacharound is which)...

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    You've redeemed yourself, Sensei.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  20. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Why TP didn't play a big part in DC like in Marvel Universe? I think MM's TP power is quite strong, maybe even more powerful than Xavier and most of the X-Men characters.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Man of Steel is film one of the DC Cinematic Universe, spk. I think lots of things are yet to be seen. We're still at Iron Man 1.

22. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Henry Cavill looks more and more like Superman, it's ridiculous. What a great picture. Love the new hair and suit. He IS Superman.

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I hate Cavill. Because I wish I looked like him.

Saintheart likes this.
  24. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Me too. How is it possible he's even MORE jacked than before?

25. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I'm still not pleased with his height, especially Ben is taller than him.