main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    I could get behind this type of scenario for sure. I really want the blood line to play into this and would be disappointed if it did not.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Some actually interesting and great ideas about the "resurrection" of Vader. It would be hard to explain why it took place 30 years later when most of the galaxy assumed he died. But if it is used as a way to instill fear, it could be affective. I am not sure what the general public would think and if they thought it would be a cheap way to get back to the OT, but there's potential there.

It would force (no pun intended) Luke and Leia to come to grips with their past and possibly have to explain to the galaxy what happened and their relationship.

However, as far as the Endor connection, isn't it obvious that Puzzlewood is not being used as Endor?

3. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I've made this point more than once. What distinguishes Puzzlewood is its ancient Yew trees; they are like something out of a fairy tale; they are wide, knarled and otherwordly. As others have said, if they wanted Redwoods or at least tall conifers, they wouldn't be filming there.

I can think of no other reason to film at Puzzlewood, unless they wanted these strange trees in there somehow.

4. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    I think we need to stop assuming that whatever the villain or conflict is, it will first appear in Episode VII. With rumors of a post apocalytpic setting for the ST there is no reason that the major conflict hasn't been ongoing for the last 3 decades and will now come to a head in Episode VII, VIII and IX.

Just like when A New Hope was released we were thrown into a galactic conflict wiht a major villain that has reigned for over 20 years so to could we have a similar set up in the new trilogy.

Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I'd agree that those Puzzlewood images don't look like Endor.

Revanfan1, Redimet, Dra--- and 3 others like this.
  6. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    Maybe Puzzlewood is going to be used for Dagabah. With it's twisted, fantastical looking trees mixed in with some proper atmosphere and lighting and I think it can be made to look just like Dagobah.

If Luke does go the EU route and sets up a sort of hidden Jedi Training Academy I'd say Dagabah would be the most logical spot.

Revanfan1, Redimet, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  7. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I could really see the (mad) villain using a lightsaber to cut off his limbs to get into the armor...

Regarding the Endor connection, they could use miniatures/fake tree bases or (Gah!!!), CGI to get some big trees, it would safe the cost of flying the whole production over to the Redwoods. You also have to consider that Endor is a preety big moon and could well have different kinds of forest...

8. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    Yes. Down with the Mono-Biome Hegemeny!

Personally, I think they should START the story with the villain travelling to Endor to retrieve the mask since that way the story will pick up right where the last one ended (just as the final shot of the PT was of the Lars homestead on Tattooine). Have the ship navigate through the orbiting debris of the Death Star and the twisted hulks of Star Destroyers to land on the forest moon (this would also finally settle the Endor Holocaust debate once and for all) and have the villains emerge, recover the mask and make some ominous pronouncement that they need just one last piece to complete their plan and scene wipe to our new heroes.

TtheForceHurts, Dra--- and dyous87 like this.
  9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    So true. Dagobah definitely has a mystical feeling to it and has always been a favorite of mine.
    And while they're at it, have the villains wipe out the Ewoks.

10. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I have doubts about bringing "Vader" back to strike fear in the public. I don't think anyone would believe it. If they knew he died and then he reappears they would be skeptical because they never knew what he looked like in the first place.

If we see "Vader" as a scare tactic in VII then I think it only works if nobody ever knew he died. And he has been around the entire 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I had been thinking of the idea of Luke going to Dagobah to live since Yoda had been there undetected for so long. It is where he was trained by Yoda so there is certainly nostalgic tie-in there.

12. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    No, no, no, Episode VII is gonna show us an army of Ewok Sith!

darklordoftech and dyous87 like this.
  13. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    Lol and then go to Naboo to destroy all the Gungans?

Redimet, Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Yup
    There should be a Gungan Sith master with an Ewok apprentice.

15. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Perhaps there's something about the filming in Puzzlewood and the Magic Tree and how that place is strong in the dark side. Maybe there's some sort of ancient sith spirit there that gets explored in Ep7.

dyous87, Redimet and darklordoftech like this.
  16. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    Perhaps the acquisition of Vader's mask is more spiritual/symbolic than a literal return. Say a devotee to the Sith seeks to claim it because it is a relic of the LAST Sith Lord and he feels he needs such a thing to legitimize his claim as a new Sith Lord.

Here's one that would probably pass muster for anyone who wanted there to be an unbroken chain of Sith Lords... By killing the Emperor, Vader became the Sith Master and since his son was his heir, Luke became the Sith master upon Vader's death (albeit the worst one ever). Therefore, Luke's first apprentice could legitimately claim the title of Sith Apprentice and, by killing Luke, gain the title of Sith Master for themself (if that apprentice were also Anakin's blood heir I think most anyone with a vested interest in the rebirth of the Sith would sign off on notion... Especially if killing Luke Skywalker was the requirement to make it happen.

dyous87 likes this.
  17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I've been wondering if Puzzlewood might be used for Dathomir, considering the Sith Witch rumors. Dathomir in Legends EU was represented as an Earth like planet, but then TCW added a red cast or color palette to it. So could Puzzlewood be Dathomir plus some red tint?

18. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I like the first paragraph. The second part sounds a little too much like the ending Harry Potter and the whose wand belongs to who.

I would prefer the rightful heir would be the one with the ability to claim it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TtheForceHurts and dyous87 like this.
  19. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    So if Puzzlewood = Dathomir, then maybe Stormtroopers are there in order to recruit Force sensitives as warriors? You probably have a rebuilt Nightsisters they could pull from, but also Nightbrothers.

If Imperials were desperate for Force sensitives, Dathomir would probably be the first place they look. Palpatine understood the rich Force history of the planet, so I'm sure his close advisers would too.

TtheForceHurts and dyous87 like this.
  20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, according to TCW anyway, Dathomir = "Force sensitive minions R' Us". :p

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  21. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    [​IMG]

22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    That is awesome.

dyous87 and Dra--- like this.
  23. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I think all will be made much more clear when we hear of characters and see a trailer or know the title.

dyous87 likes this.
  24. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    "Balance" is a storytelling device that is the "Happily ever after" of Star Wars. "Balance" was said to have been achieved with ROTJ, and by all accounts (including and strengthened by the Special Edition) the implication was that the galaxy went on to live "happily ever after".

Although with the ST we now know this not to be entirely the case, the "happily ever after" will eventually come with the conclusion of the Saga.....

if there is one..............?

I hope so.

The point is that when/if they choose the end the Saga, we will once again assume the happily ever after.

25. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Only three are needed [face_devil].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.