main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Well I'm sure Mzukiller has his own reasons. As for me: I'm afraid they'll have him use it as a helicopter. Holding it over his head and flying. Like Inspector Gadget.

It's one of those points at which the violation of physics would jump out of "Sci-Fi tech handwavium, fair enough" territory, and straight into "No. That just isn't... I don't even..." territory.

Oddly enough if it had ordinary steel sword blades it would be quasi-plausible. If you angled each blade (leading edge up / trailing edge down) you would get some amount of lift out of it.

But a lightsaber... nope. Those things are aerodynamically the same as a cylindrical rod.

It makes me fear Filoni &co. will do something like that "because it looks cool".

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It took me a few minutes, in which I was thinking "Who gave Agent Chops a lightsaber?"

But...The Inquisitor, and I agree with Valk.

I'm afraid they'll have him twirl it like a damn baton.

Mzukiller likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

..................that thought never crossed my mind. OMG that would be absolutely awful -- I can see him whizzing through the streets of Lothal after Ezra, who's doing the Back-to-the-Future skateboard-car trick to a speeder. Or worse, to flying Chopper.

4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Well, the only way Kallus can shave off those mutton chops successfully is if they give him a lightsaber as a razor:
    [​IMG]

Cevan, moonjump05, podjazd and 10 others like this.
  5. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    Well, Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog can fly with his tails, and no one has a problem with that...

V-2 likes this.
  6. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    So that's why Kallus is after the Jedi.

Revanfan1, Circular Logic and Cevan like this.
  7. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Mar 1, 2014
  8. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    This has already been posted, Pigeon :p

9. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Mar 1, 2014
    Oh, ok, I'll delete it

10. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Mar 1, 2014
    How do I delete a post?

11. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    It's OK. Just letting you know :)

EDIT: You can't delete a post. You can only edit it.
    Also, try not to double post. Moderators don't really like it :)

thejeditraitor likes this.
  12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    The Inquisitor?

Oh, you can bet your bottom dollar they will. They'll absolutely have him spinning that contraption around and around. And a design which is supposed to be threatening could be in danger of only seeming silly.

That said, I imagine the sound effects will be key. If they are successfully able to give the weapon just the right touch of menace as it spins, then who knows? Maybe they'll be able to pull it off.

But when I first saw that thing, my mind immediately went to that old General Grievous spinning lightsaber attack!!! toy (an inspiration which they later acknowledged). Ugh.

The funny thing is, when it's just the one blade, I think the Inquisitor's lightsaber looks fantastic.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Wah-oh, Wah-oh, Wah-oh...

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  14. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Mar 1, 2014
    I think the way to maximize the fear factor should be to have the saber make jar-jar sounds

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Wesa twirlin', wesa comin' for yousa...

Alright, time for me to hibernate...

16. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Rebel Alliance Pigeon
    As my esteemed colleagues have already said, I just don't think it's practical. I think they're trying too hard to catch lightning in a bottle and make new designs that everyone will think are cool. Unique lightsabers worked with Maul, Dooku and, IMO, Pre Vizla. But that's because they were harmless changes.With this guy, I'm half expecting it to explode into six sabers at once or something.

17. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014

Yousa gon' be in bombad trouble when wesa twrilin at yousa!

I suspect the two blades being able to close like a scissor.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  18. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    Okay, so I had the weirdest dream about this show last night. I was watching the pilot (on Cartoon Network) and complaining about the stupid commercials. I did like the animation however, it looked nice. And just to give you a heads up, apparently the pilot doesn't have Ezra or Chopper in it. Instead, Lilo and a pink Stitch will take their place in the cast. The pilot will have scenes in a marketplace on Tatooine, and Kanan will be tied up and naked for some reason. :confused: Also, Sabine and Zeb are apparently a couple. And the villain? He was Cad Bane. With the voice of Elmo.

I have NO IDEA what I ate that bought about that dream...

19. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

Quick, someone hide this post before Disney alters the show. We will pray they don't alter it any further.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Dude, that is...well, my reaction:

[​IMG]

Rogue Five likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Just say no to Taco Bell.

Barriss_Coffee and Revanfan1 like this.
  22. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    I've never even eaten there. I suspect the Cheesecake I had with dinner. It didn't agree with my stomach at all, and apparently it took to screwing with my dreams as well...:p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Whatever it was - eat more of it. I like your dream show a lot better than what I read about the Disney one so far :D.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    If you've been on this forum a lot lately this actually makes perfect sense.

25. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

Jamie1001 It seems that slave Kanan is real now. Well, at least in Rogue Five's dreams.

Also anakinfansince1983 ;) Kanan tied up and naked makes makes him hotter than his screenshot, does it not?