main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA July 18th meeting notes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by yoshiki, Jul 19, 2014.

1. yoshiki

yoshiki Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2003
    July 18th Meeting notes.

First off congratulations to James and Whitney on the upcoming arrival of their child. Hurrah and many good wishes and may the force be with you all.

Con Table,
    Jess has graciously agreed to submit our paperwork or whatever to try and get our con table back for next year.

Several member will also try and see why we got dropped off this years con list.

Fliers for this years con. James will be dropping off Fliers at the RL and 501st tables ( if they agree to let us )

Celebration fan table,
    Do we want to have a fan table at the next Celebration?
    We will need volunteers to staff the table for the full run of the con.

Polo & T Shirts,
    We’re going to have embroidered polo shirts and new T shirts made up for the club. So this is moving along but still needs to be finalized.

Comic con recovery party,
    Changes have been made to the idea and I will make them in that post.

Reach out to existing member,
    It was agreed that everyone needs to be sure to let other member know that the group is trying to become active again so they need to start checking the forums again.

Elections,
    Officer elections are coming up. Start thinking about who you want to run your club. If you have time, think about weather you can contribute to running the club and volunteer your services.

Possible events.

Charity work was brought up again including the food bank and taking part in a back pack drive for school supplies.

Mythbusters exhibit at discovery science center
    http://www.discoverycube.org/mythbusters/

We have a possible location to gather and watch movies.

Possible group costume crossover events with RL.

Need to find location for possible craft and costume workshops.

Low budget movie extras,
    Jacob knows a guy who does low budget movies and he’s always looking for extras. Maybe we can make it a group event.
    ( i believe this is their website )
    http://www.cowboyerrant.com

Bowling
    Laser tag
    Scavenger hunt
    other “fun stuff”

There were many other things talked about and food was eaten. Jess volunteered to do lots of stuff, YAY Jess.

I may have forgot, misunderstood or bungled anything from the meeting so feel free to correct me.

2. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Sorry I couldn't make it, I'm hoarding gas/money to get through the first couple of days at Comic-Con.

I can help with polo/t-shirt stuff. I'll also make sure the flyers get on the RL table.

And CONGRATS! to James and Whitney. Lucky baby to have such great parents. :)

3. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Congratulations James and Whitney!!

4. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Congratulations, James and Whitney! Good health to you all. Do you have a color preference for your youngling's Tooka Doll?:)

5. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    a tooka doll? i think the traditional purple and white works great! btw, jess now has the bag of crocheted prizes and the ticket tub.

6. Tal-Kender

Tal-Kender Jedi Master star 2

Jul 26, 2002
    I submitted the Con paperwork, so now we wait...

DarthBrian likes this.
  7. yoshiki

yoshiki Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2003
    Thank you Jess.

8. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    thanks Jess :)

9. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002