main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I wouldn't mind that either.

Just what brought it to mind, was back in the Battlefront 2 space battles you could disable certain things on the ships, but not really do any notable damage, that always bugged me.

2. LatinaC09

LatinaC09 Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2014
    I never had the opportunity to play the other Battlefronts but the bit they showed for this new game was pretty impressive. I hope Dice does a good job.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Agreed. Having the ships fall apart would be awesome imo.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Great post! I totally agree. Battlefront is the wars that took place during the main 6 films of the saga. To just focus on half of it would be really lame. Plus in Battlefront 2 the only way to play as Maul, Jango, Greivous or Dooku was to use the droid army. I also loved many of the separatist star fighters. If Dice trys to only make a game for those who hate the PT, they would definitely not get any support from me as a gamer. PT just has too many cool battlefields n soldiers to pass up. Focusing on the Disney trilogy this time would be a total waste n a cash grab, because many battlefields n warriors from ep 8 n 9 would not be in it. The Disneu trilogy should get their own battlefront after that series of films is complete.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and FRAGWAGON like this.
  5. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I hear ya man lol. Immersion is whats its truly all about. When I pick up my dual shock, I want to feel like I am in the star wars galaxy. Feel like im in the movies. You could pick from one of the 4 factions on go to war. Bf2 wasnt perfect, but it was very close for me. Hopefully bf 3 can give me the perfection bf2 almost was.

6. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I'm VERY excited about this game. I hope they have a split screen MP mode on the XB1. That was one of my favorite ways to play the first two Battlefront games since it's always more fun to play with friends. :p

7. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Battlefront - rank and file officers, therefore don't limit us to movie battles.

Have us secure Thyferra / Manaan and their Bacta / Kolto supplies respectively.

Have us repel the enemy at the Sullustan shipyards.

Allow us to perform a fighting retreat, giving the Tantive IV time to make it's escape to Tatooine.

Use your imagination

8. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Im not much for the story mode. Give me 15 to 17 quality maps planets for Galactic Conquest, all 4 main factions, at least 6 different star fighters each faction, quality sound effects. They could really make this a great game as long as they dont pander.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I just need space to ground combat and I am happy also have a good story mode.

10. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I hope there's more diversity and logic in hero choices. Darth Maul is cool and all, but he wasn't in the Clone Wars, nor was Jango, meanwhile Dooku gets left with a single map he's in. Getting to customize your force's appearance would be cool too: For instance, getting to choose clone trooper legion markings, and which phase of armor.

Regular battle droids should be included as well. Super Battle droids are meant to be heavy duty infantry. Having their stats equal to the B1 is silly.

11. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    I hope we get both. Having a fun story-driven SP campaign (or coop...now that would be awesome!) is a lot of fun. But of course, MP is critical and they need to get it right. Personally, I'm hoping they don't change the formula up too much. I love conquest mode in the Battlefield/Battlefront style games and I hope we get it (I'm sure we will).

The icing on the cake for this game, to me, would be to have split screen capability in a campaign and in the standard MP.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Agreed.

13. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    I want to see more map-exclusive modes too, for example, Naboo crisis-era for the naboo map(s) where you can play as the royal guards/gungans or trade federation, an order 66 mode for the jedi temple, etc. Maybe even a tuskens vs. jawas conquest mode. XD

14. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Meyerm Order 66 mode sounds like a great idea and Jawas vs Tuskens could be funny.

I'd like to see phased attacks (for those of you who play SWTOR, I'm thinking of the Voidstar Warzone). Secure an objective, move forward from there, lose the objective, spawn from further 'back'.

15. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I am excited about the game given the new possibilities provided by the Frostbite engine but some things worry me (that were most likely mentioned by other members here):

- Given EA's history with Battlefield they will give us few maps, then will ask us to pay for extra maps as DLC.
    - Probably there will be only a handful of space battle maps that will come as a DLC.
    - The probable lack of PT era maps (maybe they will be in Battlefront 4 :p) though given that TCW is considered cannon they could include it in this one or in a subsequent game.

Provided they do a good job with it I don't think the lack of PT era maps will be much of an issue. Also I hope they won't only planets that were in the movies like Yavin, Hoth and Endor.

16. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    I think this is a guarantee. I'd be shocked if they didn't do that. It's not just an EA thing either. DLC packs like this are the standard these days.
    I hope we get a space battle map at all. It was in Battlefront 2 but that doesn't mean it's guaranteed for EA's Battlefront.
    I bet we get a good mix but of course, that could also come in the form of DLC. This is a game that I might have to get the season pass for if they have one.

17. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Well they are a bit of a more extreme example regarding the DLCs :D I too doubt there will be a space battle map, though it will be pretty nice if done right. Also the customization: they will need to bring a lot of blaster types and even make up some to be unlocked, including different add-ons which will be cool. I look forward to customizing armor and vehicle color.

I hope they won't make it like Battlefield 3 and 4 where they are based in a single country but in different regions.

18. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I think you are referring to BF2, if you are I kinda agree with you. I was just playing BF2 today, played it for about 5 hours straight...on the PS2 lol. The Republic army is definitely my favorite faction. I just wish Padme n Qui Gon were playable heroes. I still think BF2 was almost perfect. And this new game could make me finally get a PS4. Hopefully they make the right decision and include the Republic n droid army. Galatic Conquest is my favorite part of this last game. Love the space battles too.

19. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    As I've said before, everything wrong with BF2 or missing from it was pretty much added/fixed by the plethora of mods made for the game. It would be wise for them to look at what the most popular mods are when deciding what to add to the game.

20. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Yea i hear year, the story mode stuff i didnt like much, mainly because the story is already set. I just want to play in the star wars world. If they do a story it would have to something that doesnt involve episodes 1 - 6.

21. snikttrooper

snikttrooper Jedi Master star 1

Mar 15, 2014
  22. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm not sure why it's being suggested as an FPS. The first two weren't. It would be nice to at least have the option of switching between First and Third person if you want. I actually prefer Third person.

24. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I just can't get into 3rd person games. I like the immersion of 1st person.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Only a year away