main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Imperial Handbook - A Commander's Guide

Discussion in 'Literature' started by King of Alsakan, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Hmm. Interesting timeframe on those dates. I could see the possibility of cross-pollination, granted. [face_thinking]

I'm hoping the new Handbook will tap into the material provided by EGTW. While I realize the latter is now Legends, it seems wasteful not to use it, especially having come out comparatively close to this release.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Found another free preview, boy do I hope that image continues on the next page and I can get a get a wallpaper pic out of it:):

[​IMG]

3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Awesome art. Nice to see Turkana being fleshed out at all. And looks like a Home One type going up.

darthscott3457 likes this.
  4. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Yeah, that art looks pretty awesome.

5. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Oh, I hope this is canon. It would be nice for Piett to have a first name again.

Vthuil likes this.
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Turkana! X-wing reference! Pakuuni! TIE Fighter reference! Proper ship designations, use of Greek mythological terms! Wonderful.

I hope this is canon. :D

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    It will be canon like the movie novels are - so canon when it matches up what appears on screen in the films, but not canon in every other instance :p

I will certainly by this book though, canon or not, because I presume it will fit with what is already known and not get carried away with Rebels and beyond.

8. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Nice to finally see officially confirmation that Lennox was the commanding officer at Turkana after all these years. Take that Wookieepedia! :p

On a side note, does any ship in X-Wing or the cutscenes match with this Golan Ribbon tanker they mentioned? To my knowledge, that's a new name, but I don't know if they mentioned it to give a name to something in the background or not.

9. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Wow, that is one awesome picture. Ok, I was tempted before, now definitely buying this. Just wish Amazon's price would drop before the release date, but looks like its going to be another awesome book.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Amazon's prices always drop before release. It won't be full-price.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

11. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Interesting how not one, but TWO ISDs from the Turkana battle end up dragged into Lord Vader's Death Squadron.....

12. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Maybe it's a Stormtrooper Marksmanship Medal.....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Very nice to see a Turkana reference! Didn't the Alliance win that battle? Good to see Home One-type cruisers, even if the Rebels lose one in the battle.

--Adm. Nick

14. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    So is this now the "first victory of the Rebel-Alliance"? You know, the one mentioned in the ANH-opening crawl?

Is it even a victory, if the rebels lost one cruiser and the Imperials none?

And when did the Mon Calamari become members of the Rebellion? Because in the LU they only joined after BoY.

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the LU, Ackbar was in the process of trying to bring the Mon Cals into the Rebellion in The Force Unleashed II.

16. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    According to NEGTC, Ackbar was still an unofficial member of the Alliance as of Battle Of Turkana(which indeed ended in a Rebel victory). The Mon Calamari formally joined the Rebellion after Yavin.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, they also had to be "found" in the old EU, so...

But ignoring that part, we might suppose there was an Imperial occupation anyway and that they were driven off post-Yavin. Perhaps Ackbar was a de Gaulle type running around with the "Free Fish" or something.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

I'd say "Free Dac Volunteers" but that already exists as a Separatist faction. :D

19. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Yeah, but de Gaulle and his people weren't the main contributors to the Allies. Maybe the signatories of the Corellian Treaty in the NEU will be Corellia, Alderaan and Mon Calamar.

Take that Mothmaists.

20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Do we even know where Mon Mothma is from in the NEU anymore? I took a look at the Databank... but it doesn't mention Chandrila. Maybe that's cited in one of the TCW episodes though, I dunno.

If not, for all we know she could end up the Senator for Corellia and still be the principle signatory of the Corellian Treaty. :p

21. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    WOHOOO!! X-wing and Tie Fighter Reference!!

Looking forward to this the most of the four of these so far.

Hope they do a rebel one to go with it.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, but it's not meant to be a direct comparison. in this situation the Mon Cal fleet wasn't blown up at anchor to prevent its use by Imperials.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  23. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Any doubt about getting this has been completely erased.

24. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    You get a thumbs up just for mentioning Mers-el-Kebir. =D=

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Destroyed. By the Empire.

Riven_JTAC likes this.