main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Solo Destiny: Solo Hope (NJO AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheChosenSolo, Jan 25, 2014.

1. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Just a heads-up: I am going away from mid-June to the end of August, I will be volunteering at a youth camp. Even if I have Internet access, I will not be able to write, and so I will not be updating in that period. It is my hope that before I leave I will post at least two new chapters to tide y'all over. Thanks all for supporting me writing this, I never thought I'd get this many people interested in my work. :)

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012

That is all.

It's Anakin Solo and the NJO of course we are interested!

3. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Thanks for the update - enjoy your trip at the camp and write when you can.

4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    New chapters coming soon?

5. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    As of yet, no. My life is pretty hectic right now, and I haven't had the time to write anything in the story. Rest assured, I want to continue writing, but until things settle down I don't think I'll be able to update. I'm really sorry, guys :(

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Reading YodaKenobi's stories and that Anakin lives series on FFN again to pass the time until the next chapter.

No idea if I have asked this or not (or if someone else has or not) but will we see members of Domain Rapuung or Domain Kwaad join Anakin?

7. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Force Smuggler Revanfan1 Nyota's Heart Shira A'dola Gemma I'm sure almost two years is way too long for an update (looking at you, Yobi). I realize this might be short, but I thought it better to get it out there and keep this alive while my muse slowly returns. Thank you so much for your continued interest in my story!

Chapter 5

The villip inverted, and the enraged face of Tsavong Lah appeared on the fleshy ball. “Nom Anor! Why would you not tell me that one of the slave ships sent to Yuuzhan’tar carried Anakin Solo?”

Nom Anor remained calm in his response. “He was sent there because he’s integral to our work on Jacen Solo. He was implanted with a seed many weeks ago, and Vergere apparently discovered a way to block his abilities. Reckless as he might be, he will do no harm to our world.”

“He is of the Solo clan, he will find a way to stir trouble for us,” Tsavong Lah replied. “I will hold you personally responsible if he does.”

“Have you never thought about how useful he might be?” Nom Anor asked. “Once we are successful with Jacen Solo, he could sway Anakin to our side. With the Twin Sacrifice completed and both Solo males expressing support for the True Way, the galaxy will become disillusioned to the Jedi and will be more willing to submit to our conquest.”

“Your ideas are dangerous, Nom Anor,” Tsavong Lah snapped. “You toy with our most important prospects for the war, and by the gods, I will strike you down myself if you create such catastrophe for us!” With that, the villip reverted.

Nom Anor shook his head. The time would soon come in which he would proceed to Yuuzhan’tar to meet Vergere and complete the next phase of the Solo Project. He would make time to check up on young Anakin at that point.

He sighed. Tsavong Lah was right about one thing, though. He was in fact playing a dangerous game with leaving Anakin Solo alive, and if disaster were to strike because of that, Supreme Overlord Shimrra would make very quick work of him. He needed to be extra careful for the next while.

Marmot Man and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello!!!!!! And welcome back! Awesome contest of wills and sniping between Anor and Tsavong Lah. =D=

If you have time for reading as well as writing, a fantabulous NJO repost "Fragile" has just concluded. [face_batting]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Goodie, goodie, goodie! New chapter!

Nom Anor and and Lah will be fun to read. H
    He is of the Solo clan, he will find a way to stir trouble for us,” Ha ha lol.

Another vote for Fragile as well.

10. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Thank you so much!
    Again, I apologize that it's short, but thank you! That was my worry about getting back into it, that's why I just sent this up.
    I knew you'd be excited. :D
    You never know, Tsavong Lah might just be right. [face_laugh]
    I did happen across that in my panning of the forum when I returned, and at your recommendation, I began reading. It's certainly interesting! I'm almost finished.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  11. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Nyota's Heart Force Smuggler Marmot Man Revanfan1 Shira A'dola penguinsrpals Obi-yoda Jade_Pilot Gemma
    ---

Chapter 6

This is most definitely not the Coruscant I remember, Anakin thought.

Upon arriving on Coruscant – Yuuzhan’tar, the Yuuzhan Vong guards insisted – Anakin had taken residence with Keri and the other Shamed Ones and slaves in a shantytown. If Anakin hadn’t already known that this planet was once the one he’d lived on, he’d never have guessed. It was hotter, the number of moons was different, and there was now a planetary ring arcing across the sky.

The taskmaster of Anakin’s group had given each of them their assignments, and Anakin had chuckled when he and Keri were assigned to the lambent field. His experience on Yavin was paying dividends in more ways than he’d expected, as it would also give him the opportunity to begin to explain the Force to Keri.

“Think of the bioelectric fields of life that feed the lambent as an analogy for the Force itself,” Anakin was telling Keri. “The fields are always there, always around and within, yet only the lambent and a few other things can actually receive power and sustenance from them. In the same way, all life gives the Force its power, but only a few beings have the ability to tap into it and use its power. The Jedi spend their lives training to understand the power of the Force, to understand its will and protect the beings that sustain it.”

As Anakin was husking the lambents, Keri was attuning them. At the mention of a will, she stopped and looked at Anakin. “Will? Your Force has a will, like a sentient being?”

Anakin smirked. “No analogy is perfect,” he responded. “But yes, the Force has a will, and it communicates that will to us when we meditate or during visions, like the one that originally sent me to Yavin to rescue Tahiri.” He nodded toward the lambents. “We’ve nearly met our quota. Let’s finish up and head back to the barrack.”

* * *​
    Anakin knelt down and let the current of the Force carry him beyond himself. He felt its energy rush through him, and saw the galaxy all at once. He saw Jacen nearby with Vergere – Vergere, he thought, as he noticed a considerable amount of Force energy coming off her to dampen Jacen’s and his own Force presence. A number of questions raced through his mind. Vergere can use the Force? How can I still sense Jacen if she’s dampening his Force presence? If she’s trying to block my access to the Force, why can I still use it? Why would she try to block us from the Force? He didn’t like where that last question was headed, especially with Jacen in her clutches.

Your awareness of the Force has expanded beyond the realm of which most beings are able to grasp, Anakin heard Qui-Gon say through the Force. On Yavin, you began to understand the concept of what the Force truly encompasses, and where its limitations are. With that knowledge, you melded a Yuuzhan Vong lambent to your lightsaber. That was your first step toward the eventual “awakening” you had over Myrkr, the first piece of the puzzle you fit together.

Anakin thought back to the two days he’d spent in the cavern under Yavin with Vua Rapuung, and what he’d had to figure out about himself and the Force in order to repair his lightsaber. He’d realized that what he served was something more fundamental than the Force, of which in his galaxy the Force was its manifestation, and that the Yuuzhan Vong must have had their own place in that design, despite the fact that they could not be sensed through the Force. The Force never changed, so he needed to. Once he realized that and the lightsaber sparked to life, he’d found he could actually sense the Yuuzhan Vong through the lambent in his lightsaber, another clue in the great mystery that was tearing this galaxy apart.

Anakin hoped he’d be able to make it back to Luke and try to solve it with what he now knew. He knew he couldn’t go back without rescuing Jacen, though, and he didn’t have a plan to go about that yet.

So he began biding his time.

Marmot Man likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific! More clues to the puzzle and Vergere being enigmatic as usual. :p But at least Anakin is headed towards a starting point for a plan perhaps? [face_thinking]

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The Yuuzhan Vong work fast don't they?
    Back to the lambent fields.
    Anakin has moved beyond Vergere. Ha ha lol.
    The waiting game? Oh boy.

14. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I should hope so! The trailer I mocked up on the temp boards and reposted to the trailer thread in Resource has a clue to where that'll lead. :)
    I couldn't resist bringing it back there. It fit the story too well [face_laugh]
    Haha true, but that doesn't put him in the clear just yet.
    Not like he has a choice, there's too much left of the story between here and where I split this off into AU :p

Thanks for reading and replying! Love you guys :D

15. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Finally caught up! Great story, and liking the fact that Qui-Gon is there helping Anakin. Looking forward to where this goes :)

16. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Glad you found your way back here! Thanks for replying :D

UPDATE: I'm currently battling a bout of writer's bloc, I only have a couple of ideas that I can put into the next chapter, but I can't figure out how to make it work. I also won't have a chance to write anymore this week, so it'll be some time before I'm able to post Chapter 7. Sorry guys :(

17. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Smuggler Marmot Man EGKenobi Revanfan1 Shira A'dola penguinsrpals Obi-yoda Jade_Pilot Gemma
    ---

Chapter 7

“Concentrate,” Anakin was saying. “See the lambent in your mind, and picture it rising from the ground.”

Keri and Anakin had finished their quota early today, so Anakin had begun to teach her the basics of telekinesis. Keri focused on one of the lambents, and tried to lift it with her mind like Anakin was describing. She concentrated, felt it beginning to move – then it slipped and she lost her grip. She sighed and shook her head.

“No,” Anakin said, coming to her side. “Don’t feel bad, it takes a lot of work to get used to doing things this way. Besides, you got it to move this time!” He smiled. “Let’s try one more time.” He stepped back.

Keri nodded, stretched out her hand and closed her eyes. She drew on the energy that Anakin told her was all around her and that she was just beginning to feel, focused her mind on the lambent and pulled it upward in her mind. This time she could feel it shake a bit, then it lifted from the ground and hovered above by a few centimeters. She held it there for a moment, and slowly returned it to the ground. Before she opened her eyes, she noted that she could feel the joy and pride rolling off of Anakin before she saw the way it was lighting up his face.

Suddenly, she sensed an ominous power stirring; she had no other way to describe it than pure darkness. It swirled around Anakin, who looked shocked – she assumed he sensed it as well – and then his eyes rolled back and he fell to the ground. “Anakin!” she exclaimed, running to his side. She checked him over to find he appeared in good health, but he was unconscious. That dark power must have done something to him, she thought. She picked him up and began the trek to the slave quarters.

* * *​
    Anakin was locked inside his mind, but he was also somewhere else. He knew he was back with Keri, but by the way it felt and looked, he was on another part of Coruscant, but he couldn’t understand what exactly what was going on until he heard words come out of his mouth that he did not say.

“Jacen! Hey, Jacen! Over here!”

Now he knew what was going on. Vergere was using him to trick Jacen. Which meant that wherever he was being used to lure Jacen to was not a safe place to be. No, Jacen! It’s not real! Get out of here! he tried shouting at Jacen mentally, to no avail. Due to Vergere’s interference, Jacen could not sense him, and therefore he would not be able to hear him. Jacen broke into a run after Anakin, but Anakin noticed there was a darkness in his presence; murder was on his mind. No, Anakin thought, I’m losing my brother.

Anakin’s projection led to exactly what Anakin feared: a trap, in the form of a large Yuuzhan Vong creature, and Jacen ran inside without a thought. Anakin sensed many other people inside the creature, and one terribly afraid; probably being eaten by the thing, Anakin guessed. At least Jacen could help her. He hoped he would, because the darkness that was beginning to spread in Jacen troubled Anakin.

Anakin had to laugh to himself at the way Jacen got himself and all the others out of the creature. Now, you too, Jacen, have been vomited by a fish. Or whatever. But then Jacen just walked away from them, while they shouted back, “You’ve killed us!” The utter contempt rolling off Jacen left Anakin reeling, and he knew that Jacen was beginning to be consumed by the darkness. Jacen broke into a run, and Anakin’s projection followed him. Anakin didn’t care that he was being forced to follow, he wanted to see what became of his brother.

It soon became clear where Jacen was going – the Solos’ old apartment. Anakin walked up to find Jacen sitting at the table, contemplating the change of the place. Thoughts formed in his head that he didn’t create, but Jacen began responding to them. It shocked Anakin at how twisted he sounded – Does Vergere believe this Sithspawn she’s making me spout off? – but at least Jacen seemed to recognize that it wasn’t him talking and began shouting him down as a hallucination. Well, you’re half-right. Then Jacen fell unconscious, and to Anakin, everything went black.

Marmot Man likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb!!! =D= =D= The training with Keri - cool stuff and then the whew second scene. :eek: [face_nail_biting] Jacen's darkness, Vergere's insidious influence [face_worried] Wll-written and now hopefully this can act as a preemptive style warning before it's too late. [face_thinking]

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Keri training to use the Force was amazing.
    Vergere is using Anakin against Jacen. Wonder how the rest of Traitor will go.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  20. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Thank you both for responding regularly!
    Well, at least we know what Jacen's next couple of steps are, the question I feel is how they relate to what Vergere's doing with Anakin [face_mischief]
    I'm glad you enjoyed that! Not only is it her learning, but Anakin also has to learn how to convey everything now in a teacher role. This is really good for him in that way :D

Vergere is quite the little devil. I should hope someone puts her in her place soon.

21. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Force Smuggler @Marmot Man @EGKenobi @Revanfan1 @Shira A'dola @penguinsrpals @Obi-yoda @Jade_Pilot @Gemma
    ---

Chapter 8

Anakin awoke with a start to find that night was beginning to fall; he’d been out for a number of hours. Keri was nearby doing her rounds on the other slaves, covering wounds and splinting broken limbs. Anakin had to admire her dedication to life in a culture that viewed life as preparation for death. He rose slowly into a kneeling position in order to meditate, and his awareness was almost immediately taken back to his old home, to Jacen, and Vergere had tracked him down again. Anakin was also aware of thirteen Yuuzhan Vong nearby, one of whom was Nom Anor. Vergere walked up to Jacen and tapped her talons on Jacen’s chest, which made Anakin aware of a hole there, a part of him that was now Yuuzhan Vong, much like the lambent crystal in Anakin’s own lightsaber.

As Anakin watched, the Yuuzhan Vong entered the dining room, and Nom Anor produced a lightsaber. And not just any lightsaber. Shocked, Anakin recognized it as his own. Nom Anor offered it to Jacen in exchange for him to join the Yuuzhan Vong religion and become one of their gods. As Jacen grabbed it, the building disappeared, and Anakin found himself in the slave quarters once again.

“Know that he was deceiving them.”

Anakin turned and saw the shimmering form of Qui-Gon Jinn coming up behind him. “Jacen?” he asked.

Qui-Gon nodded. “However, Vergere’s influence will have a permanent effect on him,” he responded. “He is unaware of how subtly his views are being shifted. If anything is to be done, it must be soon.”

Anakin sighed. “I wish I could do something from here.” He shook his head, and looked up at Qui-Gon. “Why is Vergere even doing this?”

“Vergere was a mere apprentice the last time I saw her,” Qui-Gon replied. “But she subscribed to an ill-received idea of the Force put forward by a sect of Jedi known as the Potentium. They believed that the Force had no sides, and that the dark side was simply the dark within Force users themselves. Because she didn’t believe in a dark side, she wanted to learn as much about all aspects of the Force as she could, and she spent a large amount of time around Senator Palpatine, later to be revealed as the Sith Lord Sidious. She doesn’t even believe she’s corrupted, but there’s no doubt, she’s a Sith.”

Anakin tried to take it all in. “In that case, I can only think of two reasons why she has him, and I don’t like either of them.”

Qui-Gon nodded. “Killing him is unlikely, she had the means to do so long ago. Turning him is the more likely option.”

“At least now I know my lightsaber wasn’t destroyed or left behind on Myrkr,” Anakin said in thought. “Somehow, I’d hoped Tahiri would bring it back to Uncle Luke, but now I’m glad that’s not the case. If I can get to it, I might just get us out of here.”

Qui-Gon chuckled. “Patience, Padawan. You do well to remember that your focus determines your reality, but keep an awareness of the moment. That puts you more at the readiness of the will of the Force. The time will come.” With that, Qui-Gon faded away.

Anakin smiled. Qui-Gon Jinn was like no Jedi he’d heard of before, and he liked him. He had the calm and focus of Uncle Luke, but the willingness to take action, like that of Kyp Durron. From what he’d heard of the Old Jedi Order, Qui-Gon couldn’t have been terribly popular with the other Jedi. Anakin made a note to ask Qui-Gon about some of that the next time he appeared.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific summation of Vergere's motives and mindset. =D= LOL Accurate too about Jinn's wonderful blend: Luke's warmth and patience and yet a readiness to act without shilly-shallying. :p

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    A scene from the teaser is mentioned! Yay!
    Good interaction between Anakin and Qui-Gon.

24. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Thank you as always for reading and replying!
    I've always found Qui-Gon to be the ideal Jedi. I'm glad I can write him as well as he deserves! :p
    I'm honored that you remember! That trailer is 4 years old now :p I'm aiming to have every scene in the trailer mapped out somewhere along the trilogy.

25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Good. I have the trailer somewhere in one of my documents. Now to go read it again and see where you might put the other scenes.