main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Light The Night 2014!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoxDeamonicus, Jan 26, 2014.

1. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    YAY! Just reminder. Yard Sale is Saturday, 08:30. Those of you who are helping, be there by 07:00 so that you can get into the neighborhood. Yard sale goes until dark, or we run out of stuff. Left over items go to Goodwill. A select group of items will go on ebay if they do not sell. If anyone wants to help Friday Evening, send me a PM so I can send you the address and time I will be there. If you would like to help out at the yard sale, and have NOT already told me that, send me a PM so I can send you the address.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    See you Saturday! Fingers crossed for good weather.

3. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Heard something about rain up till noon then clearing off for the rest of the day. Don't forget your jumbo size umbrellas for the crowd….

4. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Coin has NOT been counted yet. In paper money, We made $490 dollars. YAY!! The left over CD's and VHS are going to Half-Priced Books tomorrow, and will be added to the total. The remaining stoneware jugs will go on ebay this week.
    Thank you again to Mika for spending the day and helping out!! [face_dancing]

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    That's great news! Thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

6. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Okay, so adding in money raised by dar last spring at Lexington Comic Con, plus sell of VHS and CD's left over from yard sale, plus yard sell, we have a total of $570 dollars, not counting change. I will be going to the bank this week or next week to have the change counted and everything converted to larger bills to make it easier. The jugs will go on ebay this week, they may not sell in time for the walk, but I can still send LLS the money and it will count for this year.
    FYI, the left over CD's and VHS brought in $45 dollars from Half-Priced Books.

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yay. We're pretty close to last year's total, maybe we'll exceed it. If we get in a road block AND the yard sale next year that would be pretty good.
    Thanks again to your parents for allowing us to set up shop at their place.

8. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    Yea!!! Way toooo go guys thanks for being the anchor in the yard and keeping track of all the shoppers..=D==D=^:)^

9. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Sooo, complete total from yard sale, after coins were counted : $611.11 . WOOT. Also, the jugs are now on ebay, except one. The big black and white jug, biggest of all of them, has a hairline crack in it. Won't hold liquid, and I'm afraid to try to ship it somewhere, in case the crack got worse or it just broke. Zan, you want it back for any reason? Put it in the garden? Throw it at Bane?

10. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    Zan Said look in the mirror and throw it at yourself

(HA! HA! HA! not really that was a Bane comment).

Do with it what you want Bro we have no need for it.

thanks again for all the work you've done.

11. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    okee-dokee. I'll just throw it at you myself, laughing boy

Actually, gonna give it to my mother-in-law. She likes things like that, and she knows she can't put anything in it.

12. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Reminder, the walk is next Saturday, Sept 27. Slugger field

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Are we going out for this? I figured you were working.

14. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    I'll be off in time to go. just have to get changed real quick. If anyone else wants to go, cool beans.

15. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    UPDATE!!! I have the arm bands for everyone. Well, I have 6 of them. I will be there. event starts at 5 pm. I will not be able to get there until 630 at the latest, due to work. Sadly, I will not be in costume, simply will not have to the time to change. I just would hate to miss this. I would appreciate it if you guys could still get there and be in costume. They really love having us there, especially the kids. I will hand out the arm bands when I get there, that way anyone wanting a t-shirt or food can do so. Thank you again for all that you guys have done. Someone who is going, that has a cell, please pm me to make sure I have that number so I can find you guys when I get there.

16. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Misspoke. all info above is correct, except the walk starts at 730. not 7.

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Hey Vox, how did the walk go?

18. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Pretty good. Good turn out in general. Zan and Bane showed up. Zan was in her Zannah outfit, Bane showed up as Darth Vader, which was a big hit! We decided not to walk this year, instead we stood at the finish line, and let people take pics. It was fun. We may start doing that every year. Hang out until the event starts then go wait at the finish line to cheer people and stuff. I'll have totals up in a bit, once I get them.

19. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    current listed total: $258,259. that number may change. most likely will at end of year. will keep updated