main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    I stopped venturing into the 7SA forum about a month ago after hearing about whole plots being leaked. Now I'm making my migration official. I've decided that beyond official information, I don't really want to know.

I was rather annoyed to see the latest leaked Episode VII photos pop up in my Facebook feed!

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Just another reminder: please don't talk in any kind of detail here about the spoilers being discussed in the 7SA forum. For example, don't say "I left because I saw a photo of ______ on the planet ______."

TrandoJedi and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    My apologies if I got a little too close to the line.

4. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, it was really just another general reminder.

Frank T. likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I dunno how spoiled we are yet, it seems to be a giant crumble of random rumours that sometimes outright conflict each other from dubious sources (with mentions of things in legitimate trades from months ago), less than a dozen official images that don't really mention anything, and a sampling of spy photos that don't tell much of anything. Maybe I'm deluding myself that I'm not spoiled yet.

Speaking of trying to remain utterly unspoiled, there has been a few spy photos released lately, how is that going trying to avoid it for the truly spoiler-phobic?

6. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Haven't seen / know about any recent spy photos so my plan must be working quite well so far

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    No hints.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I myself will be pretty spoiler free.

9. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I looked. However, I don't find the spy photos to be plot-revealing in any way.

All I'd really like is some character names and a some costumes. Because I don't know any of that, I get tempted to look at border-line spoilers. Lately I've had to avoid a lot though because rumors are getting specific.

10. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Can one be spoiler free if you've already been spoiled rotten? :oops: If I stay unspoiled from here on out, I already know too much (if whatever rumors I come across are true).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    "Have the protocol droid's memory wiped."

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't look at spy photos, although I agree that if they are like the ones from the PT, not much is revealed.

As far as going spoiler-free at a particular point, it is possible. The biggest spoilers will be coming out next year.

I'm really experimenting with how spoiler-free a person can be on this board lately, with not being able to open most of the threads in the TV Forum due to not having seen the Rebels premier yet. [face_laugh] So far so good, I literally have no idea what happens in the premier.

13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You think so? I would think that most spoilers come out of shooting and that is almost over. Next year we will get the official teaser and trailer but I don't think we will get many more spoilers.

14. titansupes

titansupes Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    I've only just put restrictions on myself once all the craziness started a few days ago over whatever the hell. People keep intimating things, and it's enough to get an impression of the broadstrokes... no thanks. I've been waiting for this movie for a couple of decades. I'm not about to let it get spoiled online just over a year out. It's going to be damn difficult, but I'm going to try my hardest to limit myself to official photo's and interviews (up until a couple of months out), then probably three trailers and one tv spot. That'll be it.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Principle photography for the PT movies was always done two years ahead of time and we got spoilers then but I remember script leaks and such a few months prior to the films.

There were also a lot of small Star Wars boards during that time period, and "got LFL'ed" became code for "shut down due to posting a picture that had not been officially released." "So-and-so's Star Wars site got LFL'ed and is down."

Good times.

But I could be wrong. I haven't opened any threads in 7SA lately other than the Rebels thread, and that's been intentional. With a different director and the Internet changing as much as it has, I don't know whether it will be possible to know the plot of the entire movie earlier (literally the entire movie) or if Abrams being tight-lipped will hold.

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well, you may be right that there are more leaks to come. But personally I still think the shoot is the most dangerous time for script and picture leaks, as you have a lot of people around and many of them know the script. A filmset is hard to keep secret. Later on there is editing and special effects work (basically the CGI), but there I think not much script would be given away. Of course, some of the merchandise made by Hasbro and its ilk could be leaked, but that wouldn't be the same as a script leak.

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm going to try to stay put here...again. :)

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  18. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I have to actively stay away from reading about the detailed stuff - like the concept art, the plot rumours etc. Stuff like costumes, vehicles, planets I'm more chilled about. But the plot stuff? Each time I hear more the less excited I am for this film. So I have to try really hard to stay disciplined, because I really can't imagine a fate worse than not being pumped for new Star Wars. I'll just have to focus on the new novels and Rebels!

19. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

I dunno - I saw ONE of the photos, lost my mind, severed all contact with the person who showed it to me, and cried in a dark room for hours. I guess spoilers are from a certain point of view.

TigerCraneFist and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Same here - a few of my friends told me there wasn't anything spoiler-y about them, so I took a quick peek, saw something I wish I had not seen, and quickly closed the browser window.

I can see why the images don't seem to be spoiler-y for folks who are devouring any rumor they can find, but for folks who really don't want to know much going into the film, best not to look.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

I am planning on pulling the ripcord at some point on spoilers although I have been active in the spoiler forum (unclean! unclean!). Just depends on "sullied" you think you are. I keep saying to myself when the teaser hits but who knows how much legit info and other pics may have leaked by then?

dolphin likes this.
  22. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I'm kind of weird, I guess. What I want are set photos (I'm still waiting for Jedi Master Skywalker...), not plot details. I'm happy seeing anything that doesn't relate to the story at all...which so far seems to be everything. When I do stumble upon a plot rumor it makes me mad...mostly because I find them ludicrous.

23. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    Can you IM me what photo you're talking about?

24. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    That's what I'm waiting for.

25. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    Well, I'm over here now, since more than 30 concept images were leaked. I haven't looked at them and I'm not planning to look at any leaked content or rumors at all. I'll only look at officially released content from now on. I won't peak at the book or comic etc. if they come out before the movie. I want to be surprised!