main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist New Astromech design

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Betelgeuze, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Betelgeuze

Betelgeuze Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2014
    Hey everyone!
    One of the things that fascinate me the most about Star Wars are droids. Since the first images of Star Wars Rebels appeared i've been in love with Chopper(C1-10P). There's something really fascinating about a grumpy droid and I can't wait to see him in action in the series.

When I found some early concept drawings of Chopper, I started thinking "what if I create my own Astromech design?". That's exactly what I did!

[​IMG]

This is "Shorty", a new and unique Astromech. What makes "Shorty" different is it's small size. While most of his design is new, he also uses some old and familiar parts. I just finished the shape and will start to texture him next. Feel free to give some texture/color suggestions.

While "Shorty" is his nickname, I still don't have an official name for him, can you guys help me with a correct Astromech name?

2. Betelgeuze

Betelgeuze Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2014
    It's got a name now: SD-R1

Basic mesh is done, working on the color now:

[​IMG]

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    You are doing a great job with SD-R1.

That does look cute and the colour scheme fitting too. Good luck with the UVMapping process and if it helps, doesn't hurt to add add dirt, scuff marks and dents to the textures to ground him in the world. :)

Which program are you using to sculpt him in? Kinda reminds me a bit of Maya.

4. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    Adorable!

5. O-Bulent Kenobi

O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    i'd buy this action figure