main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I'll Come With You

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ThreadSketch, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    [Story removed.]

Kahara, Nyota's Heart and Gemma like this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Perfect! I didn't think of Artoo showing her the proof. That was a nice touch! Great update!

Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This whole chapter is great -- so warm and fuzzy especially after she gets R2 to play back the recording. And I loved the last 2 lines a lot. I hope I have this kind of love one day in my life.

4. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Beautiful chapter. And what the hell is wrong with you, farmboy?The woman you love wants you to take her on a date, and you kick her out?

Kahara, Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Agreeing with the adjectives above: perfect, beautiful, warm and fuzzy. =D= Totally great to have R2 with the "evidence." And I loved how they reacted to the unfairness at first then to the hilarity, have to find a silver lining. And I just absollutely [face_dancing] that Mara said it was a second chance not to walk away. Woohoo! :D :D

And the last two lines did take the prize! [face_love]

Kahara and Gemma like this.
  6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Ajijsidhkf...

So many awesome, brilliant things in this chapter. Luke being the Kiss of Death, Mara actually seeing what went down and having a very restrained and mature reaction (I was kind of expecting her to freak, and am glad she didn't, at least not outwardly), Artoo and his curiosity and them arguing over whether he's a boy or a girl (which, good point, why do droids have a gender?) and Mara calling him a voyeur, and Luke calling her on her flippancy and then him giving her a second chance and her calling him on his martyr syndrome and then them being totally honest with one another and those last line oh my stars.

I'll just be over here in a puddle of feels.

Kahara, Gemma and Chyntuck like this.
  7. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    I'm going to join JadeLotus in her puddle. I have no words. That was beyond beautiful. =((

Kahara, Gemma, JadeLotus and 2 others like this.
  8. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    I CHEATED. [face_mischief][face_laugh]

I'm glad you liked it!

Because he's a fictional character. :p (Seriously, what man would do that, LOL? Just last weekend I watched my checkout cashier dude at Wal-Mart hook up with the girl paying in front of me!)

Sometimes you just gotta laugh or else you'll cry, lol. And Artoo is verrrrrrrrry convenient, hehehe.

Would you believe the last few lines barely hit me a few hours before I posted? I felt like, "This still needs something here..." and then boom, there it was. The Sap is strong with this one, lol, but I just couldn't resist.

WHY DID I KNOW YOU WERE GOING TO ANSWER WITH THAT, LOL? [face_rofl]

Lol, the "Kiss of Death" is a nickname I'm having the sludge media give him, since most women associated with him wound up dying. :p It's not like Luke watches that stuff often, but he finds out about it once in a while.

Mara did have a mini-freak-out, but she got to witness with her own eyes what really happened courtesy of Artoo. She's not really ready to deal with it - frankly, part of the reason why she seems restrained here is because she's still in shock - but she can't deny that she agreed to this willingly. It's not like Luke coerced her into it. The fact that she vented to him everything she's been stewing on for the past several years on Nirauan and he took it well is also helping her see him in a different light and reduce the desire to just push him away and dismiss him again.

LAWL at Artoo and Threepio being a cranky old married couple. [face_laugh]

Luke got really offended at Mara making fun of the bond because he resents the insinuation that he took advantage of her in any way. It wasn't even something either one of them could really control when it happened. It was equal for them; he was as thoroughly exposed to her as she was to him, and both could simultaneously feel how relieved and exhilarated the other was to have the experience. Later on I'll be revealing a few more details as to why Luke considered the event so precious for leaving Mara completely vulnerable.

At this point they are both mature adults (heck, they're pushing 40, lol). Luke is fearful and Mara is still struggling to get in touch with her emotional side, but they're mellowing out over time and don't have to panic or jump to conclusions at a bad situation.

I'm happy the closing part hit the right note of sweetness instead of going overboard with the mush, lol. I wasn't sure if I was pushing it. :p

9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    SQUEE Artoo!!! SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE!!!

Ahem. Sorry for that. I just love it when Artoo saves the day. 8-}

I hope there's some space left in that puddle for me :)

10. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Come on in, the water's still warm. [face_laugh]

11. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    *holds nose, dives into the puddle*

12. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    I guess it's appropriate that it's raining buckets here in Montana. :p (Until it freezes overnight, lol. I think it's turning to snow now, though...)

Hehehe, Chyntuck, I knew you'd dig it. ;) Artoo's probably like, <JUST COPULATE ALREADY, YOU CLUELESS MEATBAGS.> [face_rofl]

13. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999

Ah, the great shipper cry from the dawn of time. [face_devil]

14. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [Story removed.]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I loved that. :D :D Sweet family moments blending of teasing, consolation, and food! [face_laugh] [:D] I think feeling the love of his sister and the kids is the best pick-upper Luke could get! :)

Kahara likes this.
  16. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    I have a weird obsession with making this one of the foodiest fics around. =P~

Yeah, as embarrassing and disruptive as Luke's relationship drama is, his family is very willing to be empathetic and forgiving. Leia went through the same sorrow and anguish over nearly losing Han, so she's not judgmental about her brother's struggles with his love life, other than wishing it wouldn't keep happening over and over again. And the kids are kids, lol - Luke is like the coolest uncle evar, so they're always excited to see him. :p

17. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Yup. I always end up raiding the fridge after reading your updates :p

18. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    MY WORK HERE IS DONE. [face_mischief][face_laugh]

Kahara, Nyota's Heart and Chyntuck like this.
  19. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Such a sweet tidbit. I love non-judgy!Leia, I think because she always used to be such a mean evil you-know-what with regard to Mara in the olden days of fic...

Also, that interaction between Han and Luke was gold.

Gemma, Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  20. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    This is one of those instances where I just can't do justice to something on the page (or the screen, rather) - I had the visualization of that little wordless moment between Luke and Han perfectly imagined and it would have been hilarious to actually see it. [face_laugh] Ah, the GIF memes it could have made, LOL. But I just tried my best to describe it. :p

Who was making mean, evil, judgy!Leia fic back then? Like, srsly? o_O We're talking about the woman who totally wasn't fazed by Mara in the actual Thrawn trilogy and had her twin babies saved by her? Man, we must have our Leias confused, lol. [face_talk_hand]

Kahara likes this.
  21. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Awww! Love the family moments and Leia and Han both reacting in their own unique ways, Leia to provide wordless comfort and Han to well, be Han :p

22. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Bros gotta be bros. [face_laugh]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  23. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    (insert copy-paste of What Everyone Said ;)) This is fantastic and I love the attention to details. Luke's nostalgia about Tatooine food and the harvest, Mara's thoughts on & conversation with Karrde, Artoo being a voyeur! :p Most of all, the mix of humor with serious business, often in the same lines, is addictive. Can't wait to see what happens next. :)

[face_rofl]

And I also liked this part:

Being stuck in an author's adventure plot makes for very weird courtships. Even though I like those odd-adventure-romances, it's totally true. [face_laugh] I'm kind of glad for them, getting to have a little more peaceful chance to build a relationship.

Also, Luke's conversation with Han is hilarious. They're such boys -- honestly. :p

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  24. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    GREAT GOOGLY-MOOGLY, YOU 'SPLODED MY ALERTS. :eek:[face_rofl] *picks self up from floor*

LOL, glad you've enjoyed the marathon read and, as Mara said on the Starry Ice, "Welcome aboard!" ;):D

Kahara likes this.
  25. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Ha, yeah. I guess it would make kind of a mess -- there were so many things to like, though!:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.