main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Dredd Fist

Dredd Fist Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2014
    I'd make some crass insinuations about the potential you shipping those two... but I'm new here. Plus I'm not totally sure of your caffeine levels so I'll refrain from antagonizatoin until they can be ascertained reliably :p

Georgia? Holy crapola, you survived the brutal snowstorm they had down there last year?... okay maybe that's an exaggeration, but as a committed (midwestern) Northerner I had to admit I was giggling pretty frequently at those below the IHOP-Waffle House line when it comes to inclement weather. You'd think a simultaneous zombie outbreak and kaiju attack had hit everywhere at once.

Bah, amateur. I go full-blown cabana: Board shorts, electrifying aloha shirt, grass hat, deck chair with beach towel, pretentious book, and pina colada or bahama mama...

.... okay some of that might be in jest. I'll let everyone pick out what parts those might be.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Well I mean I'm just trying to say that Fahrenheit is the worst and the US should just take up Celsius like everyone else has :p

Random Comments likes this.
  3. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Well this is true enough... I still maintain superiority to people who start shivering the second the mercury drops below 4 c... or 277 k :D

4. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Considering the madness when it comes to cold and snow last year, this year has been relatively tame :p Only a couple snow showers and that's it. Otherwise it's high 30s-low 40s in terms of temperature. Fahrenheit of course :cool:

Anyway, less than a week from Christmas! Which means lets see who was crazy/bored enough to put all their time and effort into a crazy, once-per-year light show.

:cool:

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    That looks like way too much effort. :p

[​IMG]

6. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    That's cause it is :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  7. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    And yet one probably entertains the notion:

"Y'know, if I had the time and the disposable income I might just do that..."

Or maybe that's just me and a bit of house envy. I'd put up a light show every damn year if I could.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Bah humbug, I never put up house lights for Christmas. :p

[​IMG]

9. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    I take it you're not fond of the other Whos in Whoville either?

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I'm just a fan of having fun on holidays, and putting up outside lights seems too much like work and not enough like fun. :p

[​IMG]

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I agree, except extend that critique to putting up anything other than an artificial, pre-lit Christmas tree. [​IMG]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Have to do artificial trees here. I'm cursed with an allergy to evergreens.

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Yup, that about sums it up. :p

[​IMG]

14. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Actually to do a decent job IE not just plopping a strand on a bush or the like isn't really that difficult. Sure you might have to get on a ladder on occasion but putting up a strand or two should take at most about an hour provided you don't go nuts, and probably less time than that.

I agree partially there. Christmas trees are a pain in the ass on occasion... especially if you don't have much in the way of ornaments or decorations (relatively) and have to drive an hour outside of the metroplex area to get your own tree because the ones at the local big box store look suspiciously skinny/want to look like a manly man in front of somebody you're dating and therefore want to cut your own tree down.

What you need is a cheerful holiday palm of some kind. Which is also beneficial because in the summer you can eventually have a nice broadleaf shady tree.

In other news I've heard down the pipeline that somebody somewhere in my neck of the woods is selling late 80's Subaru BRAT in driving condition.

... uh boy, the heartsrings are getting a-tugged now.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    An hour? Yup, like I said, too much effort. :p

[​IMG]

16. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Nick Offerman would be very disappointed in you... and you don't want to disappoint the 'Off

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Oh RLY... :p

[​IMG]

Leans backs, and watches the purty blikies, while sipping on a good cup of coffee....

18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Plus, time up on a ladder represents un-necessary danger.

19. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Ooooh, shiny... must not touch, must not touch...

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I know you're mad Dredd, but you got to get your own, I know you're maaaad Dredd, but you got to get your own....

[​IMG]

21. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    You can keep your crappy little rot-box with all the worst parts FIAT has to offer thank you very much.. If I want a FIAT, I'll buy a damn FIAT... though I'm not sure how I'll be able to afford it AND the insurance along with my little pickup and my motorcycle...

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_rofl]

Oh good, I'm not the only one with that sort of reaction to those commercials. :p

[​IMG]

23. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Oh no, the commercials are fun. Unique, pretty different and catchy compared to most car commercial.

The car itself is... well it's as described. Which is sad because Chrysler is now owned by Fiat S.p.A which also owns Alfa Romeo Ferrari Lancia and well Fiat so you'd think that some of that Italian zest and flavor and engineering might be distilled into the new Dodge cars. But no, not so much...

.. it's like Daimler-Chrysler all over again.

24. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    You. . .like those commercials?

[​IMG]

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014