main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Human heritage" (The ancient conflict between the dark side & the light side of the Force)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 6, 2013.

1. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Kids really bring out the best in him, though thinking of witchcraft brings that back quite a notch. Remains frustrating that he can't make himself attend the obvious spot where to start healing black arts very close to himself ....

Ugh, not a pleasant hunt I wish you messires! I guess Taran has a bias/trauma from the star wars long ago, but is Draň just plain nasty, what does Caelestris see in him?! :)confused: a look at the future, from other stories hasn't revealed it either - maybe he's just too hot to handle or something? o_O )

Anyway, looks like Lucien should have distanced himself from these two for a while, sticking to being a teacher for Grianan - I like that he helps her explore drawing and music, even if he does it in his somewhat heavy handed way - just keep it up and focus on improving the world that way, sheesh, what would your sons say about that hunt!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Totally agree with the review above!! Narthex and Agathos & Grianan besides his children are a wonderful constructive influence. @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Seeing the future isn't always a good thing. Some sources say that Anakin Skywalker was visited in sleep by visions of the future in the shape of dreams. Apparently one recurring dream was the galaxy at war and no sign of an end.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Lucien and the kids are cute together :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    “A blood oath, seriously? Again? With both of you?”

You're not the most trustworthy person.
    But mmmm the explanation right after this makes a whole lot of sense.

Isabeau’s glares make my stomach churn. I cannot remember the last time I really enjoyed the taste of my food.

The last bit's unfortunate, but Isa has plenty of reason to be irate.

“It is a gift of the Force, Luçien. Why condemn it?”

That's the problem with religion. The line is sometimes so fine that you really can't see where it begins and ends. Prophets in Christianity are sought after, but seers and oracles can be tapping into the devil's power. Similar here: seeing into the future is one thing but then when does it become witchcraft?

“You can produce energy shields and heal persons by touching them. You can throw lightning bolts and kill from a safe distance. You have strong reflexes and read minds.”

AND he uses them for evil! Okay, maybe not healing. But still....yes!!

but I could never forgive myself if Grianán would become became the victim of harassment just because she cares for me.

Oh please, spare us.
    Or maybe that's just me projecting the future Lucien onto him.

“I am the master of the hunt and we will not commit homicide.”

He's such a hypocrite.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Being back and reading this. Lucien should listen to children more and he is great with them

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @DarthUncle: Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment instead of lurking or telling me face to face during a pillow talk. My heart swells with pride.

About Dran: he... ah, well you better read for yourself what the exact matter is. It will be revealed in the next chapter.

@Nyota's Heart: Yet remember what is written in the Prologue of the RotS book version. About the darkness being patient.

@Lady_Misty: This is what Isabeau fights with as well. Her clairvoyance of the future.

@Hazel: I wanted some nice people and situations in his life occasionally.

@SWpants: I love you comments. They come straight from your heart. I can even see you roll your eyes here and there. Or even hear you gnarl your teeth.

@earlybird-obi-wan: He should learn to listen after all and stop being that self-focused.

Before I do some shopping with my husband, let me give you my midwinter update:

Five days later I hold the cut off head of Princess Gwenynen Tjiehenet in my wild trembling hands, I have to realise that I cannot even organize a proper hunt. Taran sits next to the headless corpse on his wolf heels, trying to look guilty at least.

“I had to do it,” Draň claims. “It saved her a life full of misery each full moon. The legends say a person bitten by a werewolf turns into one...”

“Nonsense,” I bark. “This is no illness that spreads.”

While I close my eyes in agony, I try to figure out where it went all wrong. Perhaps I should not have stayed too long at the lodge this morning, making sure Grianán was alright. I had a hunt to lead. She could have taken care of herself, like she usually does. Taran had been behaving odd since last night and Draň, … I give him an aghast side look. He kneels down to the dead Gwyllion woman and tries to do more copping.

“Hold your blade,” I command him and send a Force lightning to smash his weapon out of his grip.

Suddenly, the shrill cry of a baby fills the damp morning air. It stirs painful memories.

“Hush, little one, nobody is going to hurt you,” I rasp, rushing towards the wicket basket.

Princess Heulwen Tjiehenet cries even louder.

My anxious attempt to communicate with her via telepathy intensifies her horror. I am an intruder for her, a bad person. She will forever link me with her mother’s murder.

“Taran, you get my witch hunt bag from my tool shed. Do not alert Grianán to your presence.” I wonder how I ever can explain her sister-in-law’s death. “I need the cotton bandages that I use for the burial service after the purging is done. Oh, and bring Czarny to me. He is a good horse and knows who you are. Perhaps we will even need Heathcliff, the donkey.”

The werewolf runs off into the undergrowth. Even in his animal form he is still a soldier that is used to following orders from a superior.

I turn to Draň, trying my best to keep my temper. How can he be so superstitious about werewolf bites? The princess’ death was not necessary. “And you will go back to the Inn, rent a room and stay there until I come back for you.”

The following hours are like a bizarre nightmare vision. I am completely overtaxed with the wailing baby that I continue to hold. Nothing that I try helps to sooth her. And suddenly there is Prince Sereno Tjiehenet, sending blade sharp thoughts into my mind. He is on his way, eager to finish me off for his wife’s death. I do not block his curses and demands for my head in return. After he has finished ranting there is silence.

I take this as an opportunity to contact Grianán. Her mind is so gentle, so friendly. After the exhausting communication with her elder brother, I am tempted to let this connection stay open, to continue it forever. But it would be a great violation of her privacy. With her suggestion to sing for Heulwen, I draw back from her.

My own voice startles me at first, but when I see that it has effect on the baby in my arms, I carry on. I sing all the lullabies I ever gave my own children. I even try a chant from Cunabula that I heard Grianán hum during household chores.

“The leaves on the trees
    Reach up to the skies
    As their roots reach down
    Through the deep dark earth.”

The puffy face of the baby princess gets smiley. Recognition shines in her eyes.

I repeat the song until she is asleep. Soon after, I can spot the property of Draíocht. I am hoarse by now, but I have no right to complain. My own carelessness and stupidity puts others in grave dangers. I see that my grandfather was right about one thing: I am useless.

There is some drama when I enter the lánghuis, but in the end both my sons insist to follow Sionnach to Dún Barr. There is no use talking them out of it. They are determined to protect me.

At our arrival at the midwinter castle Prince Sereno Tjiehenet forces me into a fierce duel. He is determined to die, sinks into his own sword before I can hinder him.

The eyes of my step-sister Isabeau burn with such ire, that I take all the blame for the hunting party. My friends need protection from the Draconian crown.

The following weeks are like a bad dream. The misery is enhanced after my visit at the tree village of Fan Cill, where Heulwen's clan lives. I leave the tribe in even greater shame.

When I finally able to come back home, I find Grianán behind the house. To my annoyance, she is not alone. Parhelion is with her and I can tell from her anxious face that my half-brother has scared. I open my arms in a gesture of love. Grianán rushes straight into my embrace, whimpering like a hurt animal.

Parhelion does not even have the decency to hide his thoughts about our relationship properly from us.

In order to protect the innocence of my boarding pupil, I tell my half-brother my motives for having her around. It is not easy for me be so open, and vulnerable. But for Grianán I am prepared to do whatever I must.

“I try to give her what I could never give my own daughter. What my own mother never gave me. I know the price of loneliness: fear and darkness. My mother, she... she decided that she would not want to raise twins. The saviour could not share his glory with a sibling. So she... made sure that I would grow up as a single child. On the day of our birth. I still hear my twin sister's piercing cries in my nightmares.”

Parhelion does not say a single word, just stares at me in odd fascination. As I spoke, I could feel Grianán smile underneath my cloak. I desperately want her benignity and acceptance.

Note: There will be little Christmas updates as well. On the evening of the 24th December plus on the 25th and the 26th. Then you get one on the 1st January.

8. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Well, I doubt shielding friends from all and any consequences will get a good result. But it works to make yourself the misunderstood victim in your own mind. Enjoy the shame, instead of acting to sort it - like cutting out those witch-hunt with a superstitious fool and a two traumatised warriors. But alas, this path is the easier.

And a good Christmas everyone, forgiveness and contemplation, even empathy I wish you all ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    he is protective for Grianan and the baby. I like that about him

10. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    *laughs* I really do gnash my teeth and roll my eyes!!!

My anxious attempt to communicate with her via telepathy intensifies her horror. I am an intruder for her, a bad person. She will forever link me with her mother’s murder.

Poor Heulwen :( I forgot that this was the reason she abhorred him. The entire situation is tragic.

I'm glad Gri was able to be there for her.

My own carelessness and stupidity puts others in grave dangers. I see that my grandfather was right about one thing: I am useless.

:rolleyes: Oh my hell OR there are things that need a woman's touch/soul/voice.

Parhelion does not say a single word, just stares at me in odd fascination. Probably because he's never heard Lucien be so honest.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Good for him! I hope things get easier for him.

My sister, brother-in-law and nephew should be arriving here in half an hour or so. It will be nice to have them here for Christmas!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I really loved that last sentence @};-
    And a great update overall!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @DarthUncle, earlybird-obi-wan, SWpants, Lady_Misty, Hazel: Thanks for commenting! I will comment later for I am fully wrapped up in Christmas preparations with my parents. (As DarthUncle knows from our latest skype call just now!) I am to decorate the tree now. In a Silesian household there is NO Christmas in the living-room tree before the afternoon of the 24th December.

@Nyota's Heart: Here my update!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Chapter 23: True grit

Parhelion decides to stay overnight at the breakfast table, just before Grianán comes down to join us, I ask him to marry Caelestris and Draň for me. Grumpily, my half-brother agrees to my request. He even wants to fetch the groom for me.

Getting the bride in question to the place of the ceremony is a more delicate matter. She does not even know of her luck yet. I wait until supper time and teleport into her chambers.

The dauphine sits on front of her mirror, brushing her hair absent-mindedly. She reminds me very much of her younger sister. Both have a dreamy look in their eyes.

“Ce,” I address her carefully.

She swirls around in blind panic, but relaxes visibly once she recognizes me. “Luçien! How in the Name of the Force did you get in? I bar the door every night.”

“Maybe I came through the chimney,” I chuckle.

Caelestris frowns. “You are not covered in ash.”

“Through the window perhaps?”

She rises and paces through the room to come eye to eye with me. Like her mother she is a tall woman. “Could it be that you are not only a conjurer of words?”

“Have I ever lied to you before?” I ask her.

She shakes her head. “In comparison to Isa, you were always honest with me.”

“Do you trust me with your life?” I move on.

At this Caelestris sighs and her gaze clouds. “Why do you ask me all these questions? Has this to do with my brother's death?”

“Yes and no,” I volunteer.

“Would you like to talk to me about it?” Her cheeks colour. “I mean, about how Gwenywen really lost control.”

My stomach lunges, but I keep myself in check. “The truth would do more harm than anything else, Ce. The lives of too many people depend on it. ”

Her shoulders slump and this makes me think of Grianán again. The sisters have much in common, despite the difference in ages.

“Why are you here then?”

“I would like to make amends for this terrible drama.”

“I cannot see how.” She turns away from me, but I grip one of her wrists firmly.

“Let us say that there is a young man out there, madly in love with you. He wants to be at your side and help you through this difficult period by all means possible.”

Her colour changes, while her lips start to quiver. “But you... you never...”

“Ce, I said a young man. I am in my thirties.” Laughing, I let go of her wrist. “Think again. Is there nobody that your heart desires? A liaison that your grandfather Narthex opposes of very much?”

She puts a hand against her heart. “Draň, you know of Draň? Is he well? Why does he not write as promised? Are his letters kept away from me?”

“Why don’t you come with me and ask him all those nagging questions yourself?” I suggest with a smile.

“Isabeau knows when I leave the castle.” Sorrow washes over her. “There is no way...”

“Yes, there is.” I take a step towards her. “Do you want me to show you?”

She places a hand on my shoulder. “By all means, do.”

The secret wedding in front of my waterfall is a success, despite the fact that I do not dare involve Grianán in it. Caelestris and Draň do not miss a flower girl though. They are happy and content with one another. Unfortunately, Isabeau is furious when I return to Dún Barr with the newly weds in tow. She refuses to give her blessings.

Not much later, Sionnach dares to make negative remarks about the marriage as well. There is a new fierceness to my official maîtresse-en-titre. I need to talk with Skje about it.

That night I do not find much sleep. Too many things are on my mind. And the death of Princess Heulween’s parents weighs heavily on me.

When Draň approaches me in the loyal library in the early morning hours, his gaze flickers nervously. Fear catches in my throat. Something terrible has happened.

In a daze I follow him in silence to the bedchamber that he shares with his new wife. The curtains in the royal bedchamber are still drawn, which is odd because Caelestris rises as early as I do. We often meet in the dining-room. My stomach crashes downwards with a nasty feeling. My feet surge towards the outlines of a body. Something makes me stumble. As I pick it up gingerly, I can see that it is a horse hair flogger.

“What have you done?” I croak.

The answer is silence.

With the Force, I reach out and drag the curtains open.

The dawn’s light shines on a scene from my deepest nightmares. I shake at the ruby drops that break through the surface of tortured skin.

“I cannot believe that she gave her consent for that!” I yell, fighting against my impulse to sink down on my knees and cry.

It was taking over during the night,” gurgles Draň. “I just woke up with the taste of her blood in my mouth just before I came to you.”

“It?” I inquire incredulous.

He runs a nervous hand through his hair. “Berserkergang. I have it, my father has it, most male members of my family have it. But none were ever overcome in bed with a woman before.”

With great care I free the still unconscious Caelestris from her bonds and gather her broken body in my arms. My mind reels for a solution. The life of my friend is at stake. But so is the health and sanity of a princesse du sang, a princess of the blood. This is also a state affair. I must protect the newly weds.

“Prepare a hot bath for your wife now!” I order Drañ, who has been behind me, shuffling his feet. “I will take care of this. We will talk later.”

There is just one way to deal with this incident: a complete cover-up, for now at least. In the long term I will need to send Draň into therapy and try to find the right drugs for his blackouts. I cannot let his darker side win and destroy a marriage that I need to heal the wounds of the Tjiehenet family.

As for Caelestris, she needs to forget what has occurred after the ceremony. When all her physical injuries are gone, I sink deep into her consciousness. Blissful oblivion settles in her.

As I put her into the bathtub, her eyes flutter open. “Luçien?” she croaks in astonishment.

“Hush, Ce.” I sink down on my knees and place a hand her lips. “You hit your head very badly on your way to the bathroom. Your husband asked me for help.”

“Where is he?”

“I am here, my darling.”

She beams at Draň, my presence forgotten.

Shortly after the wedding, storm clouds bring high winds and the promise of winter. An entire month has passed since the tragic death of Gwenynen and the suicide of Sereno. But the images of their passing continue to haunt me.

Luckily, Draň did not have another berserkergang. He has since been sweet and attentive with Caelestris. I cannot help but worry though. Something tells me that their love for one another will not tame the blood-thirsty bear warrior inside him.

Not very far from me, Grianán turns around, bright eyed and beaming. She wears a simple, but elegant Elfin dress with trumpet sleeves. It is midnight blue, the colour of House Ankou. The light of the chimney fire turns her blond hair into a halo. Since her tenth birthday in spring she has grown considerably.

“What is thy bidding, my mistress?” I joke, cautious and curious alike. In the Force I can feel that there is trouble ahead.

She flutters her eyelashes with breathtaking speed. Somehow she is under the impression that this works on me. “Luçien,” she pipes up. “Can we have a midwinter tree?”

“Non,” is the only answer that I have for her.

“But you bake midwinter cookies each year.”

Taran loves midwinter cookies,” I try to reason with her. “I would never dare to deprive him of that innocent pleasure. He has so few left.”

Grianán twitches her nose and dares to copy my pose, including my irritated frown.

A dry laugh rumbles through my chest. “I am desert-born and simply do not do midwinter as such, my little dreamer.”

“But you always claim that you serve the light.”

“That I do,” I underline. “But my religion does not have a holy celebration midwinter.”

“So your religion is just about blood, pain and severe punishment? Never any acts of mercy or charity? Nothing about the light?”

“We had a deal, Grianán.” My nostrils flare in cold anger. “We will not speak of religion under this roof.”

“You are the religion of your people,” she replies. “So, you should stop living at the lodge? Just like that? Place a house ban over yourself?”

I take her in, speechless. Normally, I kill people for less. She shows much arrogance.

“Where would you go?” Grianán continues. “Who would take you in on this planet? You never really can escape being yourself.” She nearly shrieks and takes a breath to slow down her thoughts. “Perhaps if you really let some of the midwinter spirit into your heart, your life would be different.”

“In what regard, Grianán?”

Her face glows as her frustration fades. “You might stop whipping yourself each time you thought that you sinned against the Holy Scriptures.”

I nearly stumble as I rise in shame and horror. Blinded with tears, I storm outside towards the wood shed. The axe handle feels smooth in my shaking hand.

I hear the soft rustling of a silk dress from behind me.

“If you want a damned tree so bad, I will get you one,” I growl without looking behind me. “Just stay back. Axe heads have been known to come off when I’m angry.”

Her answer comes softly. “I am very grateful that you will get a midwinter tree, but I did not mean you to cut it down.”

“How else am I supposed to get it into the Hall of Fire?” I whip around and force the axe to stay at my side. “It is still attached to the ground. I cannot teleport with it that way.”

Grianán hugs me gently. “I could not kill a tree for the sake of a splendid midwinter feast,” she says. “Mother wouldn’t either. She would search a possible candidate, ask its permission...”

“Your mother talked with trees?” I snort.

“They are luminous beings, too.” Grianán frowns at me.

I step back and wave her forward as if I was escorting her through a door. “You do it then.”

(To be continued!)

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nicole I love Grianan in this. Trees are luminous beings indeed. One needs only visit Lorinand and/or the amazing forest of Fangorn :cool: ;)

Lucien needs to listen to Grianan. She has insights beyond her years and the candor that he desperately needs and will get from few others. [face_thinking]

15. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Don't worry about us: family comes first :)

She shakes her head. “In comparison to Isa, you were always honest with me.”

Lucien's evil; Isa is crazy

They are happy and content with one another. Unfortunately, Isabeau is furious when I return to Dún Barr with the newly weds in tow. She refuses to give her blessings.

OK he's not ALL that evil if he's allowing for a love to blossom.

Shoot, I forgot Dran is also crazy. The thing is he truly doesn't want to hurt Ce.

“We had a deal, Grianán.” My nostrils flare in cold anger. “We will not speak of religion under this roof.”

“You are the religion of your people,” she replies.

Mm, she really has a point. And the fact that he kills for people being blunt shows how arrogant he is and just how utterly irritating and I want to strangle people who do that.

Grianán hugs me gently. “I could not kill a tree for the sake of a splendid midwinter feast,” she says. “Mother wouldn’t either. She would search a possible candidate, ask its permission...”

And that is the sort of thing that makes me roll my eyes.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I love Grianan in this. Lucien should listen to her.

Be happy Lucien

17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Religious talk can be a slippery when it comes to traditions.

I believe that animals and plants have spirits; not sure about rocks though.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Nyota's Heart, SWpants, earlybird-obi-wan, Lady_Misty & Hazel, thanks for so many kind comments and greetings.

@DarthUncle is very far away in the CZ Republic with his twin and I am with my parents. My brother came all the way from the Dutch-German frontier region today and arrived rather late. And since we Germans celebrate Christmas Eve on the 24th December as the most important celebration it was essential that I was around.

Now let me give you a wee Christmas Day update.

When my midwinter angel is tired of dancing, singing and laughing around the tree that we erected in the Hall of Fire, she scrambles onto my lap. That forces me to put my book away. “Do you have more insights about my sleeping patterns you want to get rid of, Grianán?” I ask hesitantly.

“Life is not only about pain, distrust and hate.”

“Oh really?” I pick up my book again, pretending that I am reading. “How good of you to point that out.”

She places both of her hands on my hot cheeks. “Mother was good at denying herself comfort.”

“Look closely at my beard. Can you see it? I am not your mother,” I say, keeping my voice flat.

“This is why I hope that you better yourself before one of us gets seriously hurt.”

“How so?” Now I am curious.

“There are nights when you scream through the entire house and when I run to you to wake you up, you lie in your bed like a foetus and...”

“You better stay out of my room, my little dreamer,” I warn her. “If the situation with me is really that bad, I might kill you by sheer accident.”

“You would never do such a deed.” She snuggles even closer, burying her face in my left shoulder.

“I wonder why you trust me so much,” I say with a hushed voice. “I give you very little credit.”

“You give me more than you think, Luçien,” she mumbles into my hair.

“Nightmares?” I suggest full of self-irony. “Those about torture instruments for Force witches?”

“Not since I have arrived here, no,” she denies. Her breath is warm against my neck. “What you need is true love and commitment. Not blind obedience and fanaticism. My ancestors are the best proof that it is a mistake to treat a powerful Force user like some kind of divine being.”

It is a relief to me that Grianán believes every word she says. Once more I am grateful to Agathos and Narthex for her flawless upbringing. “What I will tell you now, I never shared with anybody alive before,” I say.

She becomes solemn, and rises up to lean back on her heels. I notice that she is focusing more intently than when I tutor her.

“I do not fully believe that I am the Messiah either,” I explain. “If he ever shows up he will be a more perfect being than I ever could be. But my mission is to spread the message that work and the circumstances of everyday life are occasions for growing closer to the Force, and...”

“For serving others, and for improving society,” she concludes. “I hear the Holy Scriptures talking, but not you. Do you have a voice left? One that is your own?”

Killing you for being an infidel would gain nothing, Grianán.” I hold her small chin in my hand.

“There is no blessing in pain,” she spits. “Mother never found any. But her dark mistress did.”

“Why do you continue to compare me with my mad half-sister?”

“You both have issues and personal problems.”

I withdraw my hand. “Mórag likes to put people in painful situations. She is a sadist and a rather motivated, neurotic fanatic when it comes to questions of Elfin faith.”

Grianán gives me a queer look. “And you are forced to hurt others because the Holy Scriptures demand it from you.”

“Exactly.”

Her gaze becomes bitter-sweet. “It is wrong of adults to feel it is their right to force a child to abide by their religious choices.”

I make a low sound at the back of my throat before saying, “Your father feels the same as you. He told me that child abuse survivors suffer from something that is called a long-term post-traumatic stress disorder. I can assure you, Grianán, I do not suffer from it.”

Critically, she looks me straight in the eyes. “Nightmares due to flashbacks, intrusive negative thoughts...”

“How would you know? Are you -” I cut off, as Grianán continues speaking as if I hadn't said anything.

“Low self-esteem, compulsive behaviour, anger,...”

“If you continue to talk in this manner, it will not bode well for you.”

My threat leaves her unimpressed. “Disturbed sleep,...”

“If I ever catch you entering my room at night time again...”

“Shame,...”

“A notion foreign to you, I bet,” I snarl at Grianán and shove her off of me. “Get out of here before I truly get angry.”

She blinks once before blowing me a kiss. “Don't make it too late, Luçien. Brooding is bad for you.”

With that she turns and leaves the room, ignoring my growls.

(To be continued!)

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific conversation and Grianan is not put off or intimidated. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I really liked Grianan in this =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Hey, family always comes first, not this.
    *hugs* Hope you had a blessed time!

“You better stay out of my room, my little dreamer,” I warn her. “If the situation with me is really that bad, I might kill you by sheer accident.”

“You would never do such a deed.”

Oh my goodness, yes he would. Nightmares do crazy things to a person. yeesh.

“I do not fully believe that I am the Messiah either,” I explain. “If he ever shows up he will be a more perfect being than I ever could be.

Good, because you're not. And he would be.

“Why do you continue to compare me with my mad half-sister?”

“You both have issues and personal problems.”

*snorts* that is soooooo true. They're different with the same vein.

23. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Am I the only one who reads so much of what is wrong with Luciens dealings with others in that?

Great updates, this Christmas season visit of Grianan truly shows how he needs her, and how she can balance him, and how both are better for being together.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    My Religion focuses on teaching correct principles and then it is up to the individual to decide whether or not they want to obey. Of course there are punishments both spiritual and of this Earth depending on your choices.

Grianan should be careful since accidents can and do happen.

25. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Nope, you're not alone. Lucien is a bloody creeper.