main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Maketh_Tua

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CoolyFett, Jan 31, 2015.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Does anyone really like this character?? I think they should show more of her.

Darth_Pevra and cwustudent like this.
  2. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    She's a typical imperial bureaucrat on the surface. She hasn't really done much to advance the storyline, but she keeps popping up in the background of scenes. Makes me suspicious of who she really is.

3. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    She doesnt seem completely EVIL, in a Tarkin sense....its cool to see high ranking female imperials though.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I like her, she's pretty awesome. :) I want to see more of her too. But I don't think she really likes Kallus.

TX-20 and cwustudent like this.
  5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I like her to. I kind of find her both amusing and adorable. I hope that they use her more in the future.

6. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    The main reason I like having her around is because I know that she has the same VA as TCW Mon Mothma.

I can dream.

Antlers and CoolyFett like this.
  7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I did not know that and did not check to see who voiced her. Nice catch.

CoolyFett and ColemanKcajFTW like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Fulcrum anyone?

9. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
  10. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    She also did the voice for Mina Bonteri (Padme's Separatist friend) in TCW. And she does the voice of Ezra's mom as well. Her list of credits on Wikipedia is enormous, she's been around since the 80's.

11. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    Is this where I admit to shipping them, and my head canon is that they have an on and off rocky relationship?? That being said I do like her,and I find it hilarious when she gets mad, and starts to whine.

12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I heard it was a ship and I'm not surprised. :) I think that's a good head canon for them though lol. But her freak outs are the best.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Almost made this thread myself a while back. I really like her and enjoy how hilariously petty, stuffy and nagging she is (and who can forget that eccentric attitude towards the Empire which she displays?).

She's been popping up now on the show and then but I would really like to see her getting a bit more of an expanded role and perhaps some character development (and yes, I'd almost want to ship her with Kallus despite not really being a shipper; there's been some interesting tension between them and I think some official ship teasing would be fun to see).

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's funny, when I first saw her in Droids in Distress I figured she was just a one-off character we'd never see again. I partially believed that because she was a reappropriated character model from Spark of Rebellion, and also because she didn't really seem connected to Lothal. But I'm finding her role pretty enjoyable, especially in Empire Day.

15. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014

According to the Holonet, she's working to get better housing for the citizens of Lothal. then again, it's the imperial holonet... so who knows.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Still better then Sabine/Ezra :p.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I won't be surprised if she is next on Tarkins hit list.

CoolyFett likes this.
  18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    good. i hate her hat. she must die.

[​IMG]

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    But she is in try outs to be in sidious hat club.

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I dont care for her. Wonder if she pays her clones a visit in the slums of Tarkintown.

Ventrix likes this.
  21. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Despite at first glance being a standard "Love thy Empire!" Imperialist, Minister Tua's becoming one of the more nuanced of the antagonists in a subtle way, as seen in the latest episode (spoilers below).

It's clear she's far out of her depth when it comes to the true horrors that the Empire is capable of, and the way she treats Jedi as legends suggests she is just a product of the Imperial propaganda machine rather than a straight up bad-guy. She believes the Empire is what's best for Lothal, it's as simple as that. Her reaction to the execution in Call For Action was particularly notable.

22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I dont see it that way at all.
    As even Kallus expressed surprise and dread when the two officers were executed, as Tua and Kallus are now to know they could be next to pay the price for incompetence and failure. The Empire treats or is somehow able to brainwash the masses into believing that Jedi are the stuff of history or myth or both. Only 15 year past and the Jedi were fighting all over the galaxy and have been around for thousands of years, its not a believable aspect of the show but appears to be the writers trying to work in a reason for the dialogue of OT.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  23. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008

Each to their own, of course.

Though both were definitely surprised, I interpreted Tua's reaction as one of horror whereas Kallus was simply taken aback. As for their deconstruction of the Jedi in the minds of the public, the Empire has an easier job than you might think. Before the Clone Wars there were 10,000 or so Jedi, which is a tiny number on a galactic scale. So even before and during the war, the Jedi were myths and legends to many across the galaxy - particularly on backwater worlds like Lothal.

There's a clear-cut difference between "locally sourced" Imperials like Tua (and possibly Aresko and Grint) who are more malleable to propaganda about the Jedi and those Imperials deeper in the circle (Tarkin, the Inquisitor, etc) who know more of the true story...but who have a vested interest in keeping the Jedi blacklisted.

24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I kinda liked her in the episodes she was in, she seemed like a rather human imperial in her scenes. Would like to know her better.

25. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Lord I really want to watch this episode!

A Tarkin done right, an ISB Agent shaken to the core and an Imperial Politician who discovers just how messed up things are!

Talk about Christmas come early!

sarlaccsaurs-rex and CoolyFett like this.