main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Mya, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Mya

Mya Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2015
    Hi everyone! I'm Mya and my dad is a HUGE Star Wars fan. I've always loved the movies because of him but haven't ever really gotten into it. As of lately I've gotten WAY more interested. I thought singing up for a forum would help me to get more into it. If any of you have any tips or ideas on learning more, let me know!

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well if you want to get more involved with SW then I think you should watch these two shows Star wars the clone wars and Star wars rebels you can also read the books and the easiest way is to just talk to people about Star Wars.

Mya likes this.
  3. Mya

Mya Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2015
    Thanks! I'm currently reading "Heir To The Empire". It's the series I've heard the most about and my dad told me I should read it. I'll have to watch the shows!

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

That book is really good hope you enjoy it I also recommend these newer books called a new dawn and Tarkin.

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Mya! :)

There are various ways to learn more and it all depends on what you prefer: You can play the games, watch series and movies, read books or comics, read encyclopedia, read wookiepedia, play SW RPG, being active at a SW forum (one like this one would be the best, of course ;) :p) by joining various discussion threads AND joining your local FanForce, where you can meet and talk to other SW fans from your area, which is much fun and will help to learn more for sure. And so on.

You see, there's a lot you can do! With what will you start?

Just one advice I'd like to give you: Don't forget to drink and eat. ;)

Enjoy your stay! :)

Edit: One thing I have forgotten... After Disney bought the rights of SW, they decided that none of the existing Expended Universe (EU) is canon (which it was until that point of time). So it might be wise to decide, which universe you like to get to know: the old one or the new one made by Disney?

6. Mya

Mya Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2015
    Thanks! My dad was explaining the whole Disney thing to me the other day! I've been super excited about learning more about the whole Star Wars universe but I think I'm gonna learn about the old universe first, especially because I have someone so close to me who is a huge fan. Thank you so much for the advice! I'm super excited about being apart of this forum :)

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's cool! Then you can get some good hints from him where to start. :)

Btw, you don't need to quote me, if I posted right above you. That clutters up the thread. Especially on smaller screens. If you like, you can tag me by adding a @ infront of my name. That creates an alert for me as well. Same, if it's another user, of course. :)

8. Mya

Mya Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2015
    Oh okay! Thanks haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You're welcome!