main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is there a graphic designer in the house?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by rocksoldier, Feb 26, 2015.

1. rocksoldier

rocksoldier Chapter Rep: Detroit, MI star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    Are there any graphic designers, or anyone good with graphic design, who can start work on an official FanForce logo and overall design for promotional and marketing purposes?

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I just know CO... But maybe someone else is out there to get more ideas?

3. Orwick

Orwick Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2014
    I dabble in graphic design from time to time, I can take a stab at it. What kind of details are you looking for?

4. rocksoldier

Jul 18, 2009
    I think that a good logo should be simple, unique, and instantly recognizable as star wars related.

5. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    Thanks rocksoldier for the details. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try out a design this weekend.

6. rocksoldier

Jul 18, 2009
    cant wait to see your ideas :)

and those were just my opinion about what a good logo should be, im sure there are other opinions out there too.

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I have the same opinion. Just with the addition that the words "Fan Force" or "FF" should be on it as well. But that's logical I guess.

8. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    Alas, life is catching up with me, but this project is still on my radar. Hoping this weekend my friends!

9. Naeriel

Naeriel Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2015
    I play about with design. I used to be a designer on a website and worked with logos and upkeep and such. I know I'm new, I can provide samples if need be. Might I give a stab at it?
    Would the logo go on anything that was to be sold?

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Naeriel, it's pretty cool that you wants to help and we could need suggestions. So, if you like to give it a try, feel free to do it. The aim is to create an "official" logo for FanForce to be recognised easier.

To get a better feeling about FanForce, I suggest to visit your local FanForce. You'll have fun there! :D

11. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    Hi all, sorry its taken so long for me to get around to this, but I wanted to show some ideas I'm playing around with. Let me know what you think! Of course, we could spiffy this up with some color and other effects if we needed, I'm just doing vector art for now.
    [​IMG]

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    No prob, Orwick! :)

I like your idea! It feels like SW but without problems with any trademark rights (at least, I as a non-lawyer can't see any). I just have one suggestion, is it possible to do less spikes in the bit O of "Force"? Four less I'd try. Then it's a bit more like the imperial symbol, but still "far away". Or is it too much work?

13. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    Hi Skiara, I can definitely take a crack at reducing the number of spikes. The design in the center of the O matches the new symbol for the "empire" in Episode VII, which you can see in the latest teaser trailer on a big tapestry behind a parade of stormtroopers. My thought was through invoking this imagery, we pull in a reference dark side to balance the star above the word Fan that resembles the Jedi Order symbol, and the future of Star Wars in the sequel trilogy.

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That makes sense! I just thought of the old symbols.

15. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    I'm also thinking of removing that curved bit of the line above Fan and seeing how it looks with just the star burst.

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I'd think that it works better with the curve, but give it a try. :)

17. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    Here is my next draft: [​IMG]

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Orwick, you're right about the spikes. But I like the color (black to blue) a lot!

I'll link it, so the RSA learn about it as well. :)

19. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    Skiara, thanks! Do you want me to go back to the version with the higher number of spikes similar to the First Order symbol?

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I think I'd prefer that. But I'm not the person who decides anything. I just give you my personal feedback. So you can take what you think is best. :)

21. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Very nice! Great job, Orwick!