main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion So... a Darth Vader vs Ahsoka Tano throwdown... how would you actually want that to go?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Feb 22, 2015.

?

Poll is Multiple Choice

1. This encounter should definitely happen

86 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. This encounter should not happen

18 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Vader should be massively dominant through the duel

61 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. It should be relatively even until near the end

29 vote(s)
    15.1%
  5. It should end with Ahsoka dead

91 vote(s)
    47.4%
  6. It should end with Ahsoka turned to the Dark Side

11 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. It should end with Ahsoka getting away, unturned

32 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Any other outcome

11 vote(s)
    5.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    New Sith Lord novel extract has Vader basically suggesting the suit is not a problem since submitting himself fully to the dark side.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes, Vader doesn't seem to care much about his own flesh. It's a very detached and Sith type behavior.

3. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Uhh, he spoke about this many times years before the Disney Wars awakened. Those quotes went nowhere.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Care to give us a quote or link?

5. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I don't understand why something that Lucas said a decade ago is still relevant for today's Star Wars. I mean that man changed his opinion as often as his flannel shirts.

melkor834 and Heero_Yuy like this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The electronics and suit gives Vader immense pain and suffering which he feeds off of to be Darth Vader. The Sith grow stronger through pain, not weaker like a Jedi would. Remember when Vizla's shot those saw blades at Maul's face, and Maul smiled, its cause of they're sadistic nature that feeds the darkside which tap into. But none of that means Vader does not feel pain and has a limit to what he can do, limit of pain threshold and limits of what he can do mobility wise.

7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Masochistic is more like it, in this case. And yes, many Sith absolutely have a masochistic streak.

8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well they're sadistic and masochistic by nature, not the sexual deviant kind but yeah - although Sidious seemed to have felt a sense of ecstasy the face and delivery of lines during his chamber in ROTS scenes when he felt Anakin's anger when he was tempting him to the darkside by telling him he was the Sith Lord. So they feed off off negative energy, their own and possibly those around them.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014

I would be alright with her trying to turn Anikan back, but he need to just be like "lol no" and kill her when she does.

10. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    She realistically 'needs' to die for the sake of continuity (Luke and Leia being the last hopes in the original trilogy) and it would make sense that Anakin is the one to do it. Personally I would like it to be a decent showing but clearly not as good as Vader - she's good, but he's better. If it was up to me it would have to be quite a significant moment rather than a 'heat-of-battle' death. Perhaps she is trying to get through to him and he is genuinely attempting to turn her to his perspective after what the Council did to her but she still remains good, but not 'pure' Jedi. But in the end she dies, for sure. She can join Qui-Gonn's force ghost crew if Filoni REALLY doesn't want her gone forever, but she should be dead at the hands of Anakin by the end of things.

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh noes, don't let Ahsoka achieve immortality and become a Force ghost; let's not recreate the EU, especially Old Republic era, where everyone became a Force ghost after death.

12. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    ^ I half expect there was a scene cut in the Yoda arc where Yoda arrives on Korriban only to find that Ahsoka's beaten him there.

Ahsoka: Hey! What took ya so long, Gramps? Lolz

In her scene with Bane, he was the one terrified of HER!

ETA: Also, Ahsoka taught the Priestesses the secret of retaining your identity after death.

13. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Got a link to this interview?

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Vader did most of his Jedi killing alongside the 501st at the Jedi Temple before he was damaged. Vader is normally surrounded by troops guarding his flanks and aiding in destroying the enemy basically like how Anakin fought in the CW against droids but more so now that he's without either Tano or Kenobi at his side. Vader in the Marvel comic isnt any different than what we saw in the old comics, movies or TFU, same strengths and weaknesses. Vader is possibly more focused as a cyborg cause he's in a constant state of pain in this medical suit and no more distractions via Padme(who he believed he killed thanks to Sidious who wanted Vader to be a slaved weapon).

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    It said Vader lured Jedi into traps and took them out several at once, that in no way suggests it was one vs. multiple opponents, nor that he even engaged them all in personal combat. When he went to the Jedi Temple, he did so with the 501st at his back. He'd probably be ambushing these Jedi, not hunting down potentially several hundred Jedi to challenge them all to single combat. Filoni suggested that in the days immediately following Order 66 that the Jedi would have still been confused and trying to organize and it would have been easier to take them out. Hell, he could have had military people like Yularen and Tarkin send out messages calling for the Jedi to come forward to assist in suppressing a clone uprising that has seized Coruscant, only for Jedi that show up to help be murdered, etc.

As of 5 years post-ROTS (per Luceno's Tarkin novel) the Jedi were just about wiped out. So this wasn't some long drawn out hunt. Beyond that, I'm guessing the Inquisitors then entered the picture to identify and eliminate whoever was left that went into hiding, because that's more of a full time job that Vader probably didn't have time for.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    LOL, liked solely because I actually had the same response and I knew it was coming. =D=

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I certainly won't be surprised if that really happened. Because she was a true Jedi or something...

19. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Ahsoka becomes Queen of the Jedi in Episode VII.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In place of a Dark Lord, Filoni will set up a Queen. And she shall not be Dark, but beautiful and terrible as the morning and the night! Fair as the sea and the sun and the snow upon the mountain! Dreadful as the storm and the lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the GFFA! All shall love her or despair!

21. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    I've been longing the see Vader swat that annoyance since her first appearance.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Soon soon.

lookameatbag likes this.
  23. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    One Ahsoka to rule them all, One Ahsoka to find them,
    One Ahsoka to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    On the world of Lothal where the Shadows lie.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    And then we cut to one of many secretly recorded shots of Dave Filoni hunched over caressing an Ahsoka action figure as he whispers to her...

"My precious."

25. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    A section of the script has been leaked:

They fight. After an epic confrontation, the Dark Lord Vader stands before his former apprentice, ready to deliver the final blow.

VADER: This is the end, Tano.

However, before he could end things, someone swoops in, pulling the Togrutan beauty out of harms way. The tall, muscular Jedi holds Snips in his manly arms. Standing defiantly before Vader.

VADER: Who are you?

DAV: *smirking* The names Dav. Dav Filo-Ni.

AHSOKA: My love! You came for me!

DAV: I always do for my heart sweet!

Vader swipes at him with his lightsaber, but luckily Dav's masculine beard blocked the attack. Filo-Ni activates his golden lightsaber that also acts as a blaster that shoots tiny lightsabers at his foes. The two men duel, but it becomes apparent that the Sith Lord is no match for the greatest Jedi of all time. A Jedi who was made to leave the order for being too handsome and dashing. The only one besides Ahsoka who can understand Chewie. Darth Vader is quickly overcome by Dav's power and handsomeness, his head exploding.

Filo-Ni turns to Ahsoka and smiles. Tipping his cowboy hat.

DAV: It's over. The Galaxy is safe for now!

AHSOKA: Thanks to you my one and only love!

They kiss with a passion more potent than a trillion Death Stars. As the crew of The Ghost look on, both Hera and Sabine faint after gazing at the epitome of manliness and sex that IS Dav.

KANAN: *said with such envy and impotence* I wish I could be him.

When their kiss ends, Ahsoka, lost in Dav's eyes, speaks softly.

AHSOKA: Let's go home and make love all day and night!

Dave nods and they both fly off. Of their own power because they are part Super Saiyan. They fly to Coruscant and move into the Imperial palace. The Emperor is killed as soon as he gazes at that magnificent hat. Once they've made themselves at home, the new King and Queen of the universe passionately make love while drinking the tears of fanboys.

*Cue Star Wars Rebel logo and end credits*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.