main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    Agreed. I'm glad the devs are trying to make the maps look nice and SW-authentic, and they're doing a good job at that from what's been revealed. However, all that will go to crap if the gameplay is like the newer CoD games.

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I find it funny that this seems to be a concern considering Star Wars Battlefront was directly influenced by Battlefield 2.

3. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I wish they'd put these doubts to rest about the Call of Duty gameplay already.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I just want a technically advanced version of classic battlefront with more troops, bigger maps, features and vehicles. I don't want a bunch of bells and wistles like create a class, xp etc. (Though clans would be cool.)

5. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Old school battlefield 1942 style but with a star wars skin and couch gamplay splitsceen. Battlefront 1-2 were nothing like the newer Cods and battlefields. Battlefront was also always much simpler and userfriendly than battlefield.

6. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I want an infantry based game, NOT characters. In other words - no team with 3 Leia Endor snipers. No Wookiees, I mean come on. Unless it's done properly with a Battle of Kashyyyk. Then it works as a faction. Chewie was exceptional, keep him exceptional.

Let's play as Average Joe soldiers, I want immersion, not watching some idiot jumping around as a griefing Vader.

And Lord let it be moddable, more of a PC game than some couch masturbating pothead brain damaged disastrous console affair.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    In fact, I still want Rogue Squadron 4 more than I want any other Star Wars game.

I'd love if Battlefront 3 shows us whether or not the 501st recieved Order 66.

8. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Air to ground gameplay has to return absolutely! Geonosis, Bespin and some of the other old maps need to make a comeback. Orbital strikes added a nice touch in BF1 and would be so cool if they had a combined ground space battle.

I think command posts and a larger interior on a Star Destroyer would be better, as well as ground vehicles. That would be more realistic. Not to mention, why not let the player control the ship and allow it to move.

I do think you need to have in depth Jedi like in ROTS if you are allowed to be them. Also, the Jedi characters should be able to command troops like any other trooper. It isn't battlefront otherwise!

I do like BF2, but I think some aspects of BF1 need to come back such as the AI and the voices. BF2 had better graphics, and the sprint mode and so on. But the choke points were gone and the air/ground combat separated which was a real shame. If they combined the best of both games, you would have a near perfect game. All you really need is to update the graphics!!

9. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    AGREED. Do BF1 with more troops, large maps, Jedi who have the depth of the ROTS game, air to ground combat vehicles and orbital strikes. Essentially BF1 with a few extra features and 2015 graphics. The AI in BF1 was better since you were one of the guys. In BF2, the computer just focuses on you all the time, irrespective of how far away you are (e.g. if an enemy is right in front of them, they ignore and try to get you - a sniper miles away).

Agreed. That was the success of BF1. It was so cool to be one of the guys you see in the background in the films. Air to ground combat + orbital strikes need to return. Just make BF1 with better graphics and new maps. In addition, if you want Jedi, then make them much more playable like the ones in the ROTS videogame.

10. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013

Battlefield 2 was also a much better game than most FPS games post-2010.

CoolyFett and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Another reason to revisit Operation Knightfall:

[​IMG]

12. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I far as I know the Frostbite engine can't handle moving ships. They were going to add it to Battlefield 4 in the carrier assault gamemode, but it didn't work with Frostbite.

13. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Shame. It would be a cool idea imo. And this is Star Wars, not an ordinary firefight game. Can't they do it?!!

Precisely. Knightfall should have really just been against Jedi. I don't understand why they had guards with blasters. It completely ruined it. It should have been more like the scene from ROTS. Or even the Jedi and droids in the arena in AOTC.

I think BF2 was a good game if it was the first one you played, but after BF1 it didn't feel right tbh. All the vehicle movements, soldier gameplay and playability of the original had been changed. It was a shame!

14. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    FRAGWAGON likes this.
  15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  16. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
  17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Who is this Ender guys you all are talking about??? I dont see any of his fonts anywhere?? What is he saying?

Commander Krix likes this.
  18. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    [face_laugh]

I wouldn't say it completely ruined it. I guess that's just perspective though.

I played the BF's chronologically, and there certainly were pros and cons to each of them. I preferred the player controls and AI for BFI, but the BFII gameplay was at least 2x better IMO. Also take into consideration that gaming companies always try something new, and based off of the feedback from its buyers, that's how it'll affect the next game.

19. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I cant really speak on BF1 vs BF2, ive only played BF2. BF2 galactic conquest took so many hours away from my life on PS2 and PSP. It was a fun Star Wars game and it was FAIR to all fans. What is a perfect Star Wars game anyway?? Its like what is the perfect Star Wars movie? As long as gamers can play for all factions than its a fair game to me. BF2 was almost perfect, but it had flaws. heroes should be earned not bought. The GFFA should have been more connected. Take out Polis and add the Deathstar and Bespin. Make the droid army better. The Separatist army needed some flare. I dont know, id never be some hardcore player at this game Id much rather play this by myself then playing online with people I dont know. The 32 vs 32 battles does sound cool.

20. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    In that case, someone should submit this entire thread to DICE and hope they pay attention!! Then BF would be EPIC.

Agreed, controls in BF1 were better. Yes certain aspects of gameplay were cooler in BF2 like sprinting, the fact that people you ordered actually stuck with you, and new characters like the Bothan spy. But I think the Jedi should have been more playable like in the ROTS game. They weren't very good and after all the hype it was a let down.

I think the graphics, were better in BF2, but the fun was more in BF1. Somehow you could play a map, and it was always different. And the fact you had more troops on the ground at the same time, made for more epic firefights. Air to ground combat and maps like Bespin, the original Geonosis and Kashykk were so fun. Should have been kept in for BF2.
    Agreed. Thing is try BF1. The droid army is much better to control and the sides seem more balanced. In BF2 the clones seem far superior. BF2 improved the graphics and the mission section as well as making Galactic Conquest more of a war by having a chess board like map. But the gameplay in BF1 was much more fun. You had larger armies on the ground at the same time. The voice acting was more like the actual films. The Jedi represented a real threat on the ground. IMO they should make the special characters like Jedi or bounty hunters more playable, similar to the actual ROTS game. The Jedi could manipulate the environment and were much more true to the films.

BF1 also was more epic in ground battles as you had aerial vehicles that could deploy troops, have dogfights in the air or even bombard from above - e.g. Gunships, CIS droid fighters and TIE fighters, etc.

Space battles could be better in the new game. You need to have command posts on them and vehicles as you actually would in the Star Wars films or you do in the Clone Wars or Rebels series.

In BF1, you also had a better orders system. You could ask troops to stay put on a map or come with you. BF2 did improve some things like being able to sprint and the actual story single player. But in BF1 the AI was more intelligent. When you play BF2 the computer focuses on you. Even if one of your teammates is standing right in front of the enemy soldier and you are a sniper miles away, you see the enemy trying to shoot at you and ignore your colleagues. In BF1, you are one of the guys, and the AI adjusts to the main threat at the time.

21. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Also in terms of having Jedi, allow the Jedi to manipulate certain objects to push them into troops. Jedi similar to either the ROTS videogame or Republic heroes would be cool. They represent enough of a threat, but aren't invincible. Also they control waaaaaay better than in BF2. They look so much better graphically, deflect blaster fire and have realistic sword motions.

AREA effect damage has to return. E.g. if a walker or tank suddenly explodes, the troops around it should feel it. Walkers should also become more of a threat, as should droidekas.

Gunships need to make a comeback and maybe have a vehicle that can drop walkers on to the ground. A superior order system would be awesome so you could actually command your army on the battlefield and get support as you raid the enemy command post. This should be possible even if you are a Jedi so you don't have to do it solo.

In terms of troop classes, bring in a Republic Commando, Droid Commando, Rebel Commando and Imperial Commando.

I do think that you shouldn't be prohibited from being a dark trooper or a droideka until you reach a certain kill count. Why limit it? We're talking about galactic warfare in a super sophisticated universe. You're telling me that the droid army wouldn't send droidekas till mid way through a battle??!

Also I don't get why the Dark Trooper's jet isn't easier to control like the Clone Jet trooper. Does technology regress over 30 years?

Why not bring in the Millennium Falcon for certain space battles?

Why not bring in the Death Star?

You could make Galactic Conquest a little like Empire at War with different armies ready to attack worlds.

Cross army battles would be a fun little addition: Droids versus Rebels, Clones versus Empire, Clones versus Rebels, Rebels versus Jedi.

BRING BACK ORBITAL STRIKES!!!

22. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    OK, I'll call DICE and tell them all of the above.

23. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I doubt anyone here would bother sending this train wreck to DICE. Just saying. [face_plain]

Different is kind of true, and the troop count was definitely one of my favorite things. You could have a multi-front battle instead of just small skirmishes. Not only Air-to-Ground or Air-to-Air combat, but the battle that would take place at the bridge of each side was always great. Watching as droids and clones just kept coming to fight, no matter how far they spawned. :p

24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  25. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    If i were them i'd skip meeting the movie release as a deadline at the first sign they need more time. This game has a lot of potential, don't see people waiting for a repeat of how BF4 was launched, or worse.

Speaking of BF1942, you can't have missed Galactic Conquest mod. Fun times.

thejeditraitor likes this.