main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Plants in the ST

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Forbidden Island, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    I had second thoughts about this thread, but then I thought, hey we're bored, so why not. Also, we're Star Wars fans who seem to geek out over every little detail in the films.

So, we've already had one sort of plant confirmed from the trailer. What type of plants would you like to see? what do you want to see?

Would you rather see Earth-like plants, or exotic ones?
    Would you like to see a raventhorn plant? http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110821201749/starwars/images/5/58/Raventhorn_plant.jpg

Should there be plant people Jedis?

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd like to see more of Coruscant and Korriban/Moraband

EDIT: Whoops, read your post as planets in the ST[face_laugh]. I don't know what my thoughts are on the plants of the ST, I'd have to think on it more

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Wait, plants or planets? At first I thought the title was supposed to say planets, but based on the first post I guess it is plants. Which plant was confirmed in the trailer?

4. Forbidden Island

Feb 23, 2015
    ^Unless it was a clip made especially for the teaser, trees are going to be in TFA. It was the second to last clip.

5. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    Oh man, I want the sequel trilogy to have lily pads so bad. The X-Wings seemed to be flying over water, and I really think some aquatic plants like lily pads would be perfect. Not like Naboo or Dagobah, I want to see rivers instead of seas or swamps.

Forbidden Island likes this.
  6. Forbidden Island

Feb 23, 2015
    I got the idea for this thread when I saw the Locations/planets in the ST thread and misread it as Plants. I saw the Leia's hair thread and figured that if we're bored enough to talk about that, then we can talk about this.

7. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    Does the Sarlacc count as a plant? Because I don't want to see that.

8. Forbidden Island

Feb 23, 2015
    The sarlacc was a semi-sentient, plant-like, omnivorous creature found on several planets across...
    according to wookieepedia

9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Interesting idea. Similar to how we always see some sort of monster in each episode, it would be really interesting to see some sort of giant carnivorous plant in this one. I'm no botanist, but I could get down on some of that...

Forbidden Island likes this.