main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We're All Fine Here, Thanks. How Are You? - The FanFic Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;^;

Don't take Han away!

QuickEdit: Ninja'd

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I like the Fire Department's report:

I just thought the Solo occupant was fitting.

Gemma, Kahara, Gamiel and 10 others like this.
  3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehe. In one article I quickly read, it said that he was "flying solo".

His son just tweeted something along the lines of "He's battered but OK." So I think the jokes might be okay now. Is it bad that I got a plot bunny from this? (Then again, Han crashing isn't exactly a new plot element).

And in other news, it looks like the strike will be continuing tomorrow as well. Great. I'm regretting that wish.

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Sorry about the strike, Bri. :(

I spent most of my day wondering if I was going to be stuck in random cities. I came home to WV for a visit, the weather in Boston was fine but we left late and then got put in a holding pattern for about 40 miles out of my layover and then a holding pattern when we got there. We landed 20 minutes before my next plane was to leave (and in a concourse on the oppositeside of the world), luckily my next flight was delayed due to weather in WV. There was some debate if we'd leave at all, but we did only an hour and a half late.
    This is the first time I've ever been delayed and it turned out to be a good thing. :)

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am glad you are safe mavjade.

Gemma likes this.
  6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I guess Han was flying a bit too casual.

[​IMG]

Gamiel, Ewok Poet, Jedi_Lover and 2 others like this.
  7. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Han wasn't flying casual, Chewie was. ;)

8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I think you missed the part where he was flying Solo.

Kahara, Ewok Poet and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    All the filming is done on EP7 right? I hope so, otherwise they may have to have Han attacked by a Wampa to explain scars from an accident.

Gemma likes this.
  10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I doubt he'll have any visual scars. Medical science and reconstructive surgery have advanced by leaps and bounds since Mark Hamill's car accident. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes, I think they are done both primary shooting and re-shots on EP 7. And from the description of the injuries that I've read, I doubt that if Ford is in EP 8, that there will be any evidence.

And I'm glad you're safe Mav!

12. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    mavjade, glad all is well.

Glad mr. Ford is OK, too...but seriously, how often does he get injured?

I need to get a lot of work done today, then I am attending a 7-year-old's birthday party at McDonald's. It's the son of one of my closest friends and I bought him an awesome toy + Lush's Bubblegrub bubble bar, because he cried for Lush stuff back in December.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku likes this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I love the George Lucas movie comment in the presentation :p
    [​IMG]

14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I'm reminded forcibly of the Nostalgia Critic's review of Howard the Duck. I'll spare you lot the salacious details... ;)

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    You know, since I'm done with that MRI, I can play with metal.

*goes off to forge swords, grind blades, and weld robots.*

16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I hope you have some protective eyewear?

17. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I think she wears glasses, so that should be fine unless she's really gonna go welding... [face_dunno]

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Regular glasses are not protective eyewear, as they are not made to the proper specifications to ensure protection. The lenses are not protective and they lack protection around the temples.

So, no.

And the most I'll actually do is make armatures out of tin foil for my miniatures. I don't have a grindstone within easy access, so sharpening my katana will need to wait.

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I don't think you mentioned a katana before...

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My son is going to learn welding tomorrow. I looked at the worksheet and it says, "Bring shop coat". I asked him what that was and he said a leather jacket. So I get him his father's circa 80's leather jacket. He said, "I look like the Fonz!"

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I have a few weapons in my living room. Three-section staff, nunchucks, katana, and a kendo bokkan. It's like a dojo exploded in one corner of my living room.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I like knives. Have you seen those spring assist pocket knives? I think they are just like switch blades, but don't say that to the shopkeeper. I was told they are the opposite of switch blades. How is that when you pull back on a button and the thing flings open? That doesn't sound like the opposite. The opposite would be the knife is open and I push a button and it folds up. I was told they are perfectly legal and I think they are cool. I bought two at scout camp and the boys thought I got one for each of them. No! I bought two because if you buy one you get the other at half price. They are both for me.

My husband loves guns. I have no idea how many shotguns and rifles we have. I do know how many handguns because we needed to get permits for those. The shotguns he buys at garage sales and auctions. He never fires them. He doesn't go shooting, he doesn't hunt and I have them all with trigger locks and hidden from our boys, so I don't know why he buys them. :rolleyes:

23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    My 13-year-old brother has a whole bunch of pocket knives, plus a small survival knife, a large survival knife (which I believe is a military-type), and an assassin's knife. The last one disturbed us a bit when he got it...why does a 13-year-old need an assassin's knife? Luckily, the blade happens to be very dull, so it's not like he's actually going to...assassinate anybody. :p

My 17-year-old brother, he has a katana with a dragon's head for a pommel, and a longbow. He's a pretty good shot with the bow.

And me? I don't think I own a single legit weapon. I have trained with escrima sticks, knives, and my bare hands, I own a Cold Steel practice sword, I have looked at buying several different kinds of swords and knives, but I've never actually bought one. Which is really odd because I'm a major weapon buff. [face_dunno]

Gemma, Kahara, jcgoble3 and 1 other person like this.
  24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I'm a weapon buff too (projectile weapons moreso than blades), but the closest things to firearms I own are Nerf dart launchers and Airsoft pellet guns.

But...

I do own a Swedish Mauser M96 rifle chambered for 6.5x55mm cartridges, but it's safely stashed at my parents' house. Never did get the chance to take it to the range, and I got it for pretty cheap at Dunham's Sporting Goods (around $200, IIRC). It's in excellent condition, and though most of the parts are from a Carl Gustav Armory weapon made in 1917, a few had different serial numbers, which doubtless explains the low price point. I'd probably never be able to sell it, and to be honest I don't really want to. Sadly, I can't mount a scope to it without taking it to a gunsmith for even more alterations beyond the simple mounting of brackets, because it's a straight-bolt.

I'd love to get my hands on a real M1 Garand.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm a gun buff too but I don't have the $$$ for a gun, plus the license and whatnot, plus I'm not sure I'd feel safe owning a gun, oddly. Bladed weapons, on the other hand, tend to be a bit cheaper and I feel like I can handle them without constant threat of harm. Weird, I know, but whatever.

Gemma and K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.